• Published 27th Nov 2014
  • 535 Views, 26 Comments

The Jets, The Sharks, and The Ponies - Equestrian Career



When the musical West Side Story is introduced to the Mane 6, they travel into the movie! What do they do? What happens to them? And most importantly, who will get shipped with who by the readers? Read the story and find out!

  • ...
8
 26
 535

Chapter 14

Author's Note:

Oh yeah, I forgot. When the Mane 6 got locked behind that fence in Chapter 13, their coats got dirt on them and their manes got all messy.

When Fluttershy heard Twilight's instructions, she flew faster than she ever flown before. But maybe she was going a little too fast. The minute she saw Maria on the Sharks' roof, she couldn't slow down. "Look out Maria!" Fluttershy called, though in a very small voice. She slammed into Maria, knocking her to the ground.

Maria looked up at Fluttershy, messed up mane and dirt everywhere. "Fluttershy, you have been fighting? That's not like you," Maria questioned as Fluttershy shrugged.

Fluttershy was scared to death to reveal the sad truth, all she could get out was, "The rumble..."

Maria laughed as she got to her feet, "There was no rumble."

Fluttershy flew up so her eyes were at the same level as Maria's, "There was. Nopony meant for it to happen, and... You see..." she was on the verge of crying.

"Maybe if you say it really fast,"

" A fight.... Bernardo... a knife..."

"Tony!" Maria grabbed Fluttershy "Fluttershy, what happened to Tony? Is he alright!?"

She punched Maria in the jaw, trying to make her come to her senses, "HE KILLED YOUR BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!"

As she flew downstairs, she could hear Maria following her, "You're lying. Why are you lying to me?"

They both stopped on near Maria's room where they could hear people talking in Spanish. One said, "Bernardo muerdo." (Bernardo is dead).

"NO!" Maria cried. She ran into her room, Fluttershy close behind. She went to her statue of Mary and Jesus and prayed, "Please don't make it be true. I will do anything. Let me die. Make it not be..." She stopped as she saw two black shoes and four lavender hooves in her mirror's reflection. Twilight leaped to the side as Maria started punching Tony, "Killer! Killer! Killer! Killer!"

"I tried. I really did," Tony explained "I didn't mean to kill him. But Riff was like my brother. Bernardo didn't mean it either. I just want you to forgive me so I can go to the police..."

"DON'T LEAVE ME!!!!" Maria cried.

"Oh, Maria, I love you so much!" As they hugged, Twilight and Fluttershy stared at each other awkwardly. Tony continued, "I'll do whatever you want."

"Hold me."

"Oh, forever!"

"Tighter."

"It's okay, we're really together now."

"But it's not us. It's everything around us."

As they kept hugging, Fluttershy motioned to Twilight, as if to say, "He's not saying it. Do something."

Twilight got into the middle of the two, "They you can get away, where not anyone or anything can hurt you." As the two stared at her in bewilderment, Twilight sang the only song from the movie she knew by heart, "There's a place for us. Somewhere a place for us. Peace and quiet and open air. Wait for us, somewhere. There's a time for us. Someday a time for us. Time together with time spare, time to learn, time to care. Someday! Somewhere we'll find a new way of living. We'll find a way of forgiving somewhere . . ."

Tony and Maria looked to each other and finished the song, "There's a place for us. A time and place for us. Hold my hand and we're halfway there. Hold my hand and I'll take you there somehow, someday, somewhere!" They both collapsed onto the bed, kissing.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, outside Maria's apartment, Applejack and Rarity sat on the steps at the front door. Chino came running to the door and saw the two ponies, "Applejack! Rarity! I'm so glad you're okay!"

Applejack replied, "Back at you. I just can't believe Bernardo's dead."

"Between killing him and messing with Maria, if it's the last thing I do, I'm gonna get that Polack!" He pulled out a gun.

Rarity smiled at Applejack and then looked to Chino, "You know what I saw? AJ and I were on the way here when we saw Tony getting into a taxi saying 'Coney Island'." Bernardo had shown them a map of New York earlier that day, so Rarity made sure she picked a spot far away.

"I know what to do. If anybody asks, I'm going to Coney Island." Chino ran away.

"Go Chino! Avenge Bernardo!" Rarity screamed.

"And don't come back until Tony is dead!" Applejack yelled.

"I won't!" yelled back the faint voice of Chino.

Applejack and Rarity kept waving until Chino was out of sight. Applejack turned to Rarity, "I can't believe that actually worked!"

"I know," Rarity agreed "Let's get inside. Maybe we can go see Maria and Tony."

They were about to go inside when they heard Anita's voice, "Rarity? Applejack? Are you back from the rumble?"

They both turned around. "Yeah!" said Applejack.

"Did you win? Where's Bernardo? I expected him hours ago."

The two ponies laughed a nervous laugh. "Listen, Anita," Applejack explained "Sit with us. We'll explain everything the best we can..."