• Published 27th Nov 2014
  • 533 Views, 26 Comments

The Jets, The Sharks, and The Ponies - Equestrian Career



When the musical West Side Story is introduced to the Mane 6, they travel into the movie! What do they do? What happens to them? And most importantly, who will get shipped with who by the readers? Read the story and find out!

  • ...
8
 26
 533

Chapter 9

The Jets and Sharks sat at a table in Doc's Store, the ponies sitting next to the gangs' respective leader. Riff spoke first, a little creeped out Rainbow Dash was scooting her chair closer to him, "We challenge you to a rumble. All out once and for all. Accept?"

"On what terms?" asked Bernardo.

"Whatever terms you call. You crossed the line too often,"

"You started it!"

"Who jumped Baby John this afternoon?"

"Who jumped me the first day I moved here?"

"Who asked you to move here?" asked the Jets "Spics!"

"Mick! Wop!" insulted the Sharks. The gangs lunged for each other.

Twilight stepped on the table, "Whoa! We are not here to kill each other! We are here to discuss how we're going to kill each other. You'll have plenty of time to kill each other at the rumble. But that's later, not now. Got it?"

"Yes, Twilight," grumbled Bernardo and Riff.

Bernardo looked at Riff, "We accept."

"Time."

"Tomorrow."

"After dark." They shook on it.

"See?" Fluttershy asked "You agreed. This could be the start of a new friendship between..." Everyone looked at her. She walked away and cried, "Sorry. Please continue."

"Place." asked Riff.

"The park?" suggested Bernardo.

"The river."

"Under the highway." They shook on it.

"Weapons."

"Hey Doc!" It was Tony. He waved over to Twilight. She waved back.

"WEAPONS." Riff shouted to get everyone back on track. He pointed to Bernardo, "Your call."

"Your challenge."

"Afraid to call?"

"Rocks."

"Belts."

"Pipes."

"Cans."

"Bricks.

"Bats!"

"Clubs!"

"Chains!"

"Bottles! Knives! Guns!" shouted Tony "What a coup full of chickens."

"Who are you calling chickens?" yelled Rarity.

"I'm calling you all chickens! Big, tough buddy boys gonna throw bricks? Afraid to get close? Afraid to slug it out? Afraid to use plain skin?"

"Not even garbage?" asked Pinkie Pie.

"That's not even a rumble!" complained Rainbow Dash.

"It can be clinched by a fair fight, if you got the guts to risk that," Tony explained "Best man from each gang to slug it out."

"I would enjoy to risk that," Bernardo said "Okay, fair fight."

"Fair fight." agreed Riff. They shook on it. "Now, we have to decide, who's battling it out."

"I may have an idea," said Bernardo "If they want to prove themselves useful to us, how about they fight?"

"Good idea!" said Riff.

"Who are you talking about?" questioned Applejack.

Riff stepped in, "We're talking about you ponies!"

"WHAT?????????" the ponies screamed.

Bernardo laughed, "I choose... Applejack for the Sharks!"

"Me????" asked Applejack.

"And I choose... Rainbow Dash for the Jets!" Riff announced.

"Wait," said Rainbow "Out of everypony here, you choose me?"

"Yes!" responded Riff.

"Yes! I'll do it!" Rainbow Dash cheered.

"RAINBOW DASH!!!!!" Twilight pulled Rainbow Dash to the side "Do you really want to risk hurting your friend and yourself?"

"Please Twilight. If win this for the Jets, Riff will be proud of me! Do you know what an honor it is to have Riff be proud of you?" She flew back to the others. "You in Applejack?"

"I don't know... I don't want to fight you Rainbow."

Bernardo turned to Applejack, "Please????? Do this for the Sharks!"

"...Fine. I'm in." she cried.

As everyone left, Rainbow Dash whispered to Twilight, "Come on Twilight, you know I don't want to fight Applejack. You know Tony is going to come in and progress the movie."

"You're right!" Twilight agreed "Thank you so much for understanding Rainbow!"

"Hey, I think Riff and the Jets are the coolest people ever, but I'm loyal to my friends."

Pinkie Pie came in, "Hey! Can you believe it's one in the morning? We better get all the rest we can. Big day tomorrow."

"I'm really excited!" said Twilight. She let out a yawn before running to catch up with the Jets.

Author's Note:

This story just got a lot more interesting...
P.S. No, I didn't memorize the movie. These lines I'm finding from the transcript. (And assuming so-and-so is saying them)