• Published 21st Oct 2014
  • 1,853 Views, 54 Comments

Their First... - Alchemystudent



a series of short stories about Twilight and the others many firsts.

  • ...
2
 54
 1,853

Their First Adventure

The land of Saddle Arabia was normally peaceful and calm, unless a giant monster began stomping through the land. Standing in the way of the giant black monster, were six young mares, “Stand back girls,” Twilight said, looking up at the large beast. “That is the dread beast of Erakylon! It’s said that his breath is extremely poisonous and deadly. We can’t let him barge into the capital city!”

“Just let me handle this. I can kick that thing right in it’s mangy,” Rainbow Dash began, only to be stopped by an orange hoof.

“Now, hold on a sec, sugarcube!” Applejack objected, her green eyes looking down at her friend. “Ya heard Twilight, if we get too close to that thing we might get poisoned.”

“Oh, maybe we could give him some peppermint sticks! That’ll freshen his breath and make it less poisonous,” Pinkie Pie said, jumping in front of the quintet.

Rarity shook her head, “Pinkie Pie, darling, mints may do well to fix bad breath, but they are not able to cure poison. What this needs, is finesse. He is obviously a gentle monster, we’ll just politely ask him to leave.”

“Oh sure, that’ll work,” Dash said, rolling her eyes.

“At least its better than just ruthlessly attacking the beast,” Rarity objected, not noticing the yellow filly flying up to the beast.

“Excuse me, Mr. Erakylon,” Fluttershy began. “Could you please not rampage through that little city? The horses there worked really hard on it and some of them are Princess Celestia’s friends. So, we would appreciate it if you would not attack this poor little city.”

The creature looked at Fluttershy and then back at the town before grunting and turning to walk away, “Wait, that worked?”

“Well, sometimes all you need is a little kindness,” Fluttershy smiled bashfully.

Twilight giggled, “Come on girls, lets go tell the sultan that their city is safe. Then I can begin to write to Celestia abo-”

“Twily! Time to come home,” shouted a stallion.

Just like that, the world changed for all six of them. The grand city that was the capital of Saddle Arabia became just a small bunch of blocks and cups. The desert became a small sandbox in a park in Canterlot. The monster became a small Gila monster that just visited the girls and now began to scamper off thanks to the two year old filly. And the six mares, whose names and deeds would fade into legend, that would one day conquer chaos, became six little fillies and all barely a year old. Looking up, the purple mare raised her hooves to be picked up by her big brother, “Come on kid, mom’s making spaghetti.”

“Buhye,” Twilight waved to the five mares behind her.

“Come along, Maude. Lets go and get your sister,” Sue Pie said, walking with her eldest daughter.

“Yes mother,” Maude said, walking to the one year old pink filly and picking her up. With a giggle, the filly waved to the four fillies.

“Boy, I tell you, those boys from the old hoofball games can sure talk alot,” Magnum said, using his magic to put Rarity in her carrier.

“Rarity, I do hope you had fun in the sandbox, don’t ya know,” Pearl said, rubbing her daughter’s mane affectionately.

“Un huh,” squeaked the young mare, waving bye to those three young mares.

“Well kid,” a pink pegasus said, landing next to Rainbow dash and picking her up. “It may be a waiting list, but you are looking at a future Wonderbolts trainer.”

A large and bulky yellow mare landed next to her old friend and picked up Fluttershy, “Ya aint there yet, Firefly. Ya still need to prove if you can teach as well as ya can fly.”

“Watch me,” grinned Firefly, nuzzling Rainbow. “But enough business. Did my future flier have fun?”

With a giggle, Rainbow Dash nodded and then pointed her hoof to Fluttershy, “I think she wants a hoof bump,” Poesy chuckled, bringing Fluttershy within range of Dash’s hoofbump.

This left Applejack to sit alone, for only a bit. A few minutes later, she happily squealed with joy at seeing Big Mac walking in with a cart, “Want to ride, Applejack?” at seeing his sister’s affectionate and happy nod, the stallion placed her into his cart and walked off.

Though the Rainboom cemented their bond, the elements pushed them into legend, and their bonds were what connected them, they would never really know that their friendship had gotten its start here. On the day that six random families would head to Canterlot and leave them at the sandbox in the park. The bearers could not realize that the strong bond of friendship had begun here. But, perhaps, deep down inside they felt a mutual and familiar bond, from a day where they sat and played together. On a day where six fillies bonded, unaware of who they really were.

Author's Note:

*Looks out* everyone dead from diabetic shock? Everyone? Good! Mission accomplished. This little collection came about because I had a series of cute one-shots popping up in my head that, quite frankly, there was no way I would be able make it last up to 1000 words. So I brought them all together in one place. This also came about, because an obnoxinous troll made me think of how much fun it is to work on cute little side stories that feature our girls. And how sometimes its just fun to make cute stories with heartwarming moments along with my usual flare for adventure. He also made me think of cute Shining and Twilight moments. So thank you troll!

This was also partially inspired by the art above.

Dedicated to my little brother, who will be 20 soon. 20 years full of annoying, sarcasim, and being the best brother a guy could ask for.

Comments ( 25 )

Their first time having sex? :pinkiecrazy:

5170160

There is already a fic about that. He beat me to it, sun of a gun :(

Their first time seeing the rulers of their lands?

Or maybe the obligatory, first steps?

5170177

Ok, you just gave me an idea!!!


5170179

That is my intention

JLB

5170575

Which is exactly the point. It's Maude in the story, and it should be Maud. It isn't,

I do have a couple of issues with this--fairly minor ones, really.

Firstly, they're all really little. They're grammar is too advanced (I'd personally like to see pronunciation mistakes written out, but that's an entirely optional part of writing children).

The second issue is that you seem to be pushing them into their grown-up roles too quickly. Rather than another character trait, all little Rainbow Dash has is arrogance, that she likes racing, and calls herself a speedster--but her realization of her love for speed was what earned her her cutie mark. You also set Rarity up with dressmaking extremely early when she's rather new and clumsy to it by the time of her cutie mark-earning play. This is also made a bit more awkward by how well-spoken these little foals are.

I do like it, however.

5171528 Children are smarter than you'll ever give em credit for. You never know what they're capable of.

5172670 Oh no, I'm well aware of how intelligent children can be (especially when it comes to taking apart things that aren't supposed to be taken apart :twilightangry2:). The issue is--with the possible exception of Twilight--they don't talk this well. Even smart children tend towards grammar errors, the occasional slurred sound they just can't quite pronounce properly, or errors when pluralizing some words.

5173741 Exactly how is it terrifying?

5173818

Because King Titan in the immortal game is a monster. Queen Terra is as well. But don't worry,


5173741

This is an alt verse where they are actually nice god and goddess...not the awesome beings in the fic.

So CUTE to the max love this :heart::heart::heart::heart::twilightsmile::twilightsmile:

5176493 That's the whole purpose of this fic. To be as cute as possible.

Quick tip:

Use words instead of numbers. An example of this is in your summery.

The mane 6 don't, because some of them were babies at the time.

Using six instead of 6 is better. You seem to have a habit of doing it, if I remember correctly from that one story I edited.

5215346 Well, that's a given with these types of fics.

The image alone was enough to strike me down! :twilightoops:

Now I must rest from this adorableness...

7043733

When I first wrote this, I was working under the headcannon that Maude was the eldest followed by Pinkie, and Limestone and Marble. Then the Hearth's warmin episode showed that the order was: Limestone, Maude, Pinkie, Marble (later confirmed by the writer of the episode). So, lets just say that Limestone is outside because she is still grumpy and Marble is currently hiding behind her mother.

7406841

The guy who downvoted it is my dear downvoter friend Harry. He always finds my fics and downvotes them. I don't know where he is or what his account name is, but he is always ready to downvote me no matter what ;)

And I would like to apologize for the diabetic shock that I have given you. IT was a pleasure

Aww! These one-shots were so cute! ^w^
I’d probably making something like this for my bro around 5 years from now, when he turns 10. But with Super Mario Characters? (My little brother doesn’t like MLP)

11819242
No, I believe the birth order was Limestone, Maud, Pinkie, and Marble with Pinkie and Marble being twins.

Login or register to comment