• Published 21st Oct 2014
  • 1,851 Views, 54 Comments

Their First... - Alchemystudent



a series of short stories about Twilight and the others many firsts.

  • ...
2
 54
 1,851

Her First Word

“Ok, Twilight, say momma? Momma?” the light grey unicorn said, looking at her sitting daughter.

Her husband, could only chuckle and shake his head, “Hun, I know Twilight is smart for a little filly. But I don’t think she is gonna start talking now.”

Velvet looked to her husband with a scowl before continuing, “Twily, about daddy? Try daddy.”

The little filly, only about two, leaned forward and placed her purple hoof onto her mother’s nose. With a little giggle, she made a sound that very much resembled the word “Boop.”

Twilight Velvet looked at the little filly booping her nose with a warm smile, unable to be annoyed by her little daughter. The same could not be said, however, of her laughing husband. To her husband, she shot a look that spelled out dismissal to the couch for the night. That was when the door opened and a white unicorn stallion stepped in, “Mom, dad, I’m home!”

“Hey Shining,” Nightlight said, not seeing his daughter scrunching up her face.

“Nightlight, look! She’s going to say something,” Velvet said, smiling widely.

Everything stopped for the moment, as all eyes looked to the little filly. Slowly she scrunched up her face, began to make a small noise, “Ssssss...”

“Yes?” Velvet asked.

After a few false starts, the little filly looked to her target and squealed, “Shining!” she then ran from her position to her BBBFF and nuzzled his foreleg. With a happy giggle, and a big smile, “Shining.”

“Hey there, Twily. Had fun without me kid?” Shining Armor said, picking up his little sister and holding her tightly. His parents, on the other hand, could only look on, confused yet contented smiles on their faces.