• Published 18th Apr 2014
  • 4,450 Views, 83 Comments

The Second Son - Gleaming



The arrival of the Red Moon during the moon's eclipse brought a new change to the animals that live in the Everfree Forest, but that is not the only change it brought.

  • ...
12
 83
 4,450

Infamous: Come to a Conclusion

Delsin stared up at the night sky in amazement. Stars twinkling, the moon in plain sight, and the thought of leaving this world came to mind. After destroying the Everfree Forest, he needed some to cool off by looking at the stars.

He found a grassland with soft patches of grass to lay on and enjoy the view. The scenery of the grassland was a sight to behold, a secluded area for a pony to calm down and unwind. I know I've made bad mistakes in the past, but I'm going to learn from my mistakes.. He thought to himself.

An array of thoughts were rushing through his mind, Delsin doesn't know what to think of himself anymore. A person with determination and heart to face adversity head on, to take it down in the process.

Delsin laid down softly on the grassland with his hooves behind his head, relaxing. He looked around him to make sure that nopony would follow him or plan a search party to find him, being alone was his style... for now.

The calm night breeze flowed through his dark brown mane, while he closed his eyes. He dreamed peacefully in his dream, until he saw a vision that he did not want to see.

''Delsin, Delsin.'' a voice called out to him in the subconscious of his mind. Brooke Augustine stood across from him and walked closer to him. ''You thought you could get rid of me, but I'm back.''

Brooke flicked her wrist as concrete circled around Delsin, all of it came crashing down around him. The weight of the concrete kept his body pinned down, he felt the pain aching through his body. ''You exposed me in front of the whole world, but I'm going to get my revenge.'' She kicked him in his side, as he coughed out blood and groaned in pain.

''This wouldn't have happened, if you just joined us.'' She kicked him again in the side with a rough kick, ''Instead, you revolted against what I stood for and I spent my life building an empire. You took it all away from me.''

Delsin tried to break the concrete's pressure over him, but he failed to do so. He looked up at the oppressive leader of the D.U.P., and thought of a witty remark. ''You know, a wise man once said, if you can't finish what you have started... you shouldn't have started it in the first place.'' She stopped dead in her tracks and walked back over to Delsin, slapping him across the face.

''You should watch your mouth!'' Augustine snapped at him.

''Make me, I already took everything from you.'' Delsin said, spitting in her face.

It took a while for the emotions to sink in, but Brooke Augustine had a huge feeling of rage on her mind. Delsin took everything away from her, and now she wasn't going to let him take anything else.

Augustine wiped the saliva off of her face and stood atop her concrete stepping stone with a barrier of concrete to protect her. A barrage of concrete came flying at him where Delsin had to break the concrete to dodge. The sound of a rocket shot out of a rocket launcher as the rocket barreled down to him and destroyed the concrete around him. He dodged out of the barrage's path, rolling over to the side, and looked into the distance where his brother was standing with a rocket launcher.

Delsin launched his own version of a concrete barrage, as it ricocheted off the concrete barrier.

Augustine launched another barrage to keep him on his toes. Delsin jumped over the incoming barrage of concrete rocks flying at him, using his thrusters to keep himself in the air. He soared up into the air as Augustine tried to keep up with him, Delsin came back with a furious punch in front of her that sent Augustine flying to the ground.

She knew that this fight was not going to end well, so there was only one thing to do. The barrier of concrete sticks to her body as all of the concrete around her attracted to her gravitational pull, a concrete serpent was formed from the huge clump of concrete. As the concrete serpent stepped forward to Delsin, he didn't show a shred of fear.

He ran as the serpent approached him even further with concrete-like claws and legs, with his back against the wall. The serpent swings the two claws out at Delsin, sending him crashing through the wall.

''Augustine, you're starting to piss me off!'' Delsin shouted in anger and shot out concrete as it connected with the weak spot of the serpent, its head.

Delsin watched as the serpent transformed into a flat bed of concrete spikes and slid across the ground towards him, he jumped over the flat bed and turned his around to see the serpent return to its normal form. With his best instincts in his head, he kept shooting more concrete barrages at the head, the serpent crumbled only to show Augustine on the ground at his feet.

He covered Augustine in a concrete cocoon and looked down at her scared face. ''I would never join you, and now you get to watch the thing you spent years building crumble and being exposed publicly to the world.''


[/hr]
The dream faded away from his mind, opening his eyes as the breeze cascaded over his body. I've got to make things right He thought to himself as he galloped to the Golden Oak Library.

Arriving at the library, he walked into the library as Rarity, Applejack, and Twilight gathered around the wooden statue of a pony in the center of the library. Delsin scratched in head in confusion, thinking of the proper response. ''What are you guys doing here?''

Twilight was the first one to speak, she stood up from the floor. ''Delsin, we have been thinking for a few hours now, and well...'' She didn't how to put the words delicately.

''What Twilight is trying to say is, even after the time you've spent here with us and though my dress was ruined by a smudge of ash, it wasn't your fault. You are here for a reason, and we're going to tell you why.'' Rarity levitated a quill with some ink, dipping the quill in the ink, and handing the two writing tools to Twilight.

''So, we have a special letter prepared for you,'' Applejack tipped her hat and dipped her head down, ''...we hope that you enjoy it.''

Twilight finished writing the letter in the neck of time, as she read the letter aloud.

Dear Delsin,

The time you've spent with us over these past few days have touched our hearts. Not only have you shown that you can learn from your mistakes, but you set an example for us to show that just because you are from another world, does not mean that you can't leave an impression on the ponies that you meet. With that being said, we will make sure that we send this letter to my teacher and ruler, Princess Celestia. We hope that you learn the magic of friendship as we have taught you.

Sincerely,
Twilight, Rarity, and Applejack

A moment of silence ringed throughout the library, you can even hear a pin drop with emotion running through their bodies.

Delsin took the three ponies close to him, wrapping them in a hug. ''Farewell.'' He walked out of the library and closed the door behind him, flying off into the night sky towards the moon.

Twilight spoke to her friends for a moment, trying to hold back her tears. ''I'll see you guys in the morning, bye.''

''Bye Twilight, see ya Twilight.'' Rarity and Applejack said together as they walked out of the library and returned home.

Twilight ran up the stairs to the bedroom and woke up Spike out of his slumber. ''Spike, I need you to send this letter to Princess Celestia.''

''Oh, al-right.'' Spike groaned under his breath.

Spike grabbed the letter and rolled it into a scroll. He breathes his magical green fire into the scroll, while the scroll was immediately sent to the royal Canterlot Castle in Princess Celestia's chambers. ''Letter sent.'' Spike smiled with a big grin and headed back to bed.

''I'm going to bed too, goodnight Spike.'' Twilight slept in her bed soundly and fell asleep.

Delsin kept his course to the moon as a white flash of flight beamed him through a portal of other universes.


[/hr]

Fetch was still waiting on the rooftop of the Fish Cannery, crossing her legs while she looked up at the moon. Oh Delsin, I hope that you do come back. She thought, as she saw a bright light emerge from the moon.

The huge beam of light came out of the moon as the light quickly faded revealing it to be Delsin. He came down face first on the rooftop as his face hits the concrete pavement hard, looking up at Fetch. ''Did you miss me?'' he asked, trying to clear his head for a minute.

''Miss you?' Fetch asked with a surprised face, ''The moon turned red and shot out a beam that took you away like a child, taking you god knows where, and you came back to ask me if I missed you?''

''Yeah, but trust me you don't want to know what happened.'' Delsin rose up from the pavement and sat down next to Fetch, trying to keep his eyes away from her.

''Tell me.'' Fetch said.

''Are you sure?'' Delsin asked with an arched eyebrow on his face.

''I'm sure, I promise not to tell anyone. I swear on the drug dealers and activists that I killed, so serious.'' Fetch planted a firm hand across her chest and saluted to her solemn oath.

''Okay then.'' Delsin said, whispering in her ear about all of the events that happened to him. Telling her every single detail about his strange adventure into an unknown world. Fetch had a mixed bag of emotions, where she didn't know what to say or how to say it. She smiled from ear to ear and left the rooftop, leaving a neon trail of her path.

He stood atop the rooftop and watched as Fetch went off into the distance. ''I guess she took it well.''


[/hr]
Fetch crossed her legs and sat down in an alley where the neon lights shined in the night, she grabbed a guitar and wrote a song down on a piece of paper with her neon powers.


He eyes me like a Pisces when I am weak
I've been locked inside your heart-shaped box for weeks
I've been drawn into your magnet tar-pit trap
I wish I could eat your cancer when you turn black

Hey! Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice
Hey! Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice
Hey! Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice
Your advice

Meat-eating orchids forgive no one just yet
Cut myself on angel's hair and baby's breath
Broken hymen of your highness I'm left back
Throw down your umbilical noose so I can climb right back

Hey! Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice
Hey! Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice
Hey! Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice
Your advice

He eyes me like a Pisces when I am weak
I've been locked inside your heart-shaped box for weeks
I've been drawn into your magnet tar-pit trap
I wish I could eat your cancer when you turn black

Hey! Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice
Hey! Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice
Hey! Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice

Your advice [x3]

''Perfect.'' Fetch said.

She walked home with her newly-written song in her hand, until Delsin walked with her and held her palm in his hand. They shared an intimate moment with their lips making contact, as a neon-colored heart flashed between them.

The End

Author's Note:

The end has come and gone, and I enjoyed writing this story. This wasn't the perfect story for some, while others enjoyed the story that is a lesson all writers have learned in the past and present. To each their own and you never stop trying until the task is done.

Next, I'll be planning a collaboration or another story. See you guys later!

Comments ( 10 )

First! Anyways, this story was awesome! The only problem there was was a bit rushed of an ending. Other than that, it was epic!

That... that was it? Delsin teleports himself home and Fetch writes 'Heart Shaped Box'?

And if Delsin knew how to teleport home, he couldn't have done that as soon as he got there?

I can respect a short story, done well, but this was just... rushed.

4281467 I literally don't know why I rushed it, but Delsin didn't know how to teleport home.

got to say, pretty good, a bit rushed, I mean he was there for a while, till now and he somehow need how to get back home?:pinkiegasp:, but nice ending btw, but this was a bit rushed, I could have been a bit more long adding a few more fights, him exploring everfree forest, finding the castle ruins or maybe a few changleling or something else, but still pretty epic story :pinkiesmile:

Indeed. Rush week.

Practice writing slowly.

Practice writing 1000 words to represent an hour.

Practice writing 2000 words over a day.

As is it's 1.5k over five minutes.
Practice.

4285236 I'll give it a try. :twilightsmile:

5567049 I'll be sure to not make the same mistake in my next crossover, if I make one.

Login or register to comment