• Published 18th Apr 2014
  • 4,450 Views, 83 Comments

The Second Son - Gleaming



The arrival of the Red Moon during the moon's eclipse brought a new change to the animals that live in the Everfree Forest, but that is not the only change it brought.

  • ...
12
 83
 4,450

Infamous: Trend-setting Fashionista


[/hr]

Infamous: Trend-setting Fashionista


[/hr]
Twilight stretched her arms with a yawn, stepping out of her bed and walking downstairs to the library. ''Good mo--'' She stopped her statement, as she looked down at a smoke trail. The trail started from the library and ended at the Carousel Boutique.

The young purple mare followed the smoke trail until she reached her destination: The Carousel Boutique. She hovered her hoof in front of the door and knocked on the door.

Knock, knock!

Rarity heard a knocking at the door and approached the door. ''Twilight, is that you darling?''

''It's definitely me, Rarity.'' Twilight said, as Rarity opened the door and closed the door behind her.

''Good to have you here, Twilight. Do you need anything?''

''Rarity, did my friend Delsin come in your boutique last night?''

''Applejack told me about him, and he did come here last night.'' Rarity nodded and turned her attention to Delsin laying on the floor near Opalescence. She shook Delsin back and forth with her hoof and flipped him on his back.

A loud screech along with a hiss came from Opal, as the cat ran off in a panic. She left a mess of fallen mannequins and dresses with claw marks in the fabric of the dresses. Rarity was distraught that the dresses she worked so hard on for months, were ruined. Luckily, she had somepony to help her. ''Delsin, would you like to assist me with this?'' Rarity fluttered her eyelashes at him, with a seducing look on her face.

''I'll see what I can do, Rarity.'' Delsin nodded in agreement, rising from the floor.

''Splendid!'' Rarity exclaimed, using her magic to put the mannequins back up. Grabbing a needle and thread to stitch the dresses back together, Delsin grabbed a needle and thread as well.

Rarity held the thread with her mouth and held the needle on the top of her hoof, using her magic to stitch the dresses together. Delsin stitched the claw marks on the fabric of the dresses, and started to fade away.

Delsin walked over to Rarity, wrapping his hooves around her back in a warm hug. ''Thank you, Rarity. I'm starting to see why your generosity is beloved by many.'' Tears start to build up in his eyes.

For a split second, a ball of smoke shot out of Delsin's hand without his control over his actions, the smoke landed on the newly fixed dresses with a smear of ash visibly on the dress. Rarity lets go of her grip around Delsin, as she turned around to the ghastly sight of ash on her dress. She ran over to the aid of her dress and angrily frowned at Delsin.

''Get out of my sight, you monster!'' Rarity shouted with her hoof pointing to her door.

''All I did was mess up your dress, get over it!'' Delsin shouted back at Rarity, storming out of boutique. Slamming the door behind him in a huff, the door rocked the boutique like an earthquake.

''What an ungrateful ruffian.'' Rarity huffed as well, but got back to getting rid of the ash.


[/hr]
Delsin walked back to Twilight's in disgust. He didn't want to talk to anypony at all, instead he just wanted to be alone. Instead of going back to Twilight, I'm going to the Everfree Forest to let off some steam. He thought to himself as he changed his course to the Everfree Forest.

He walked through the Everfree Forest while the sun's rays were going down in the horizon, the sky felt the golden rays of the sun as the sky had an orange shadow covering it. Bats flew out of the shallow caves with the sounds of screeching echoed through the forest, a group of owls hung on the branches of oak trees with their beady eyes staring all around them, and other creatures were defending their side of forest from attackers.

''Twilight was overreacting, this forest isn't dangerous at all.'' Delsin arrogantly said, he looked down at his hooves and saw a disembodied head roll up to him. ''Or, she could be right.''

Looking in front of him, a huge spider web appeared before him with the spider's victims captured in the sticky web and from the looks of things, they all perished.

He approached the spider web to get a closer look, a spider descended down from his small string and licked its fangs with an enticing demeanor at his soon-to-be meal.

''Well, well, well.'' The spider hung above Delsin's head from the string, smacking his lips with a strong sense of hunger.

''I don't want any trouble, but I wouldn't say that you will survive this.''

''I can say the same for you, my friend.''

''Let's see then.''

Delsin got into a fighting position and ran up to the spider. He jumped up into the air and threw out a hoof, as the spider dodged quickly to avoid the attack. The spider shot out a web at Delsin to trap him for his dinner, instead he grabbed the web and hurled it back at the venomous animal.

The venomous predator dodged the incoming spider web very quickly, and licked his fangs in a delightful tone. As the spider was ready to claim its next victim, Delsin punched the spider in the stomach as venom and acid protruded from the animal. It collapsed to the ground from the hard blow of the punch, and its four limbs went up in the air.

No response was heard from the animal again.

Delsin looked down at the spider. ''Let's make sure that it stays dead.''

Delsin soared up into the air with the balls of smoke following behind him, a smoke trail circled around his body. A smug grin appeared on his face, as he started to plummet back down to the spider. He came down at a very rapid rate with the result to be a very deadly one as he came crashing down on the ground while landing firmly on his hooves.

Winds blew through all of the leaves and the forest with a huge wake of destruction and devastation was left in the forest. Burned leaves and scorched trees were left behind from the Orbital Drop.

''I'm done with this world.'' Delsin trotted away from the destruction that he left behind.

Walking over to a pond to look at his reflection, a vision of Reggie appeared in the pond. ''This can not be real, Reggie is that you?'' Delsin asked in astonishment with a gaping mouth.

''It is me, Delsin. I'm a vision interpretation of your subconscious where your problems are present. Anyway, I know that my death was not in vein and you're in a world that you do not understand, but I'm here to tell you that I will always love you.''

''I love you too, Reggie.''

''I'm not there physically, but I'm with you in spirit and I'm here to guide you whenever you need me at your side...farewell.''

The mirror image of Reggie faded away from the pond's presence, as Delsin wiped away a tear in his eye. He walked out of the obliterated forest to go back to Ponyville, to see if he could find out who he truly is.

Author's Note:

Rarity is not happy about what Delsin did to her dress, but the end is coming closer than I thought! Thanks to the advice from Sir Hat, I'm going to take things slow in the ending which will be the next chapter.

This story might not have been my best work of art, but I enjoyed writing this. Stay pony, my friends!

Stay tuned for the ending. Same bat time, Same bat channel!