• Published 18th Apr 2014
  • 4,448 Views, 83 Comments

The Second Son - Gleaming



The arrival of the Red Moon during the moon's eclipse brought a new change to the animals that live in the Everfree Forest, but that is not the only change it brought.

  • ...
12
 83
 4,448

Infamous: The Red Moon


[/hr]

Infamous: The Red Moon


[/hr]

Delsin Rowe is a delinquent who is known around Seattle as a graffiti artist and to his friends and family, he didn't mean to harm anyone who he encountered until the day he gained powers from a rogue conduit named Hank. After defeating Augustine, who was the so-called ''leader'' of the DUP, he was now free to honor his brother's memory and keep the DUP disbanded for good.

Along with Fetch and Eugene, they were able to rescue all of the captured conduits that Augustine swore to protect. As a graffiti artist and local delinquent of the Akomish reservation, Delsin's reputation didn't fall too far from the tree where every action that he took to avenge Reggie's death and expose Brooke Augustine's crimes against Conduits and the world, came with a reward and a price to pay.

Delsin awoke to the sun's bright lights through his window, rubbing his eyes with disgust. ''Just when I knew that this day would be perfect, I'm wrong again.'' It wasn't a good start to his day, but he had to seize the day on a high note.

Delsin removed the covers off of his sweaty body to get some air in his humid room. The air conditioner was turned up to its highest setting, but they did not prevent the heat that came from the warmth outside. Delsin was not the one who was very fond of the heat, he was more of a person who enjoyed the cold winds that blew past him.

Delsin wrapped his chain around his wrist after he put on all of his clothes. He stepped out of his bedroom and walked down the stairs in a hurry, a familiar voice called out to him.

''Delsin, it's time for breakfast.'' Betty called out to him, who finished setting up the table.

''Coming, Betty!'' Delsin rushed over to the kitchen, his eyes were fixated on the meal that was in front of him.

A huge stack of blueberry pancakes and hickory-smoked bacon caused his mouth to water, he tried to keep his cool over the delicious banquet that his aunt left him, Betty, a very kindred spirit with a kind heart, sees the good in friends and family that she knows can make a difference in the world and in the tribe. She tries to keep Delsin out of trouble when his brother used to catch him vandalizing billboards, to promote his so-called ''art.'' But nevertheless, she loves him to peaces.

''I miss him every day, Betty.'' Delsin shoved a piece of a pancake in his mouth, ''Reggie was the glue that kept me from making the wrong decisions, but now that he is gone, I will still remember him as not only my brother, but as my role model.''

''I do too, Delsin. Even with his death where we should be sad, we can still honor his memory,'' Betty stated, picking up a pancake with her fork and putting the pancake in her mouth. Her teeth chewed down on the lone pancake, as her cheeks lit up with the delicious concoction that she made after hours of cooking.

Delsin took a minute to collect his thoughts, he remembered that painting a graffiti memorial for his brother was a good way to remember him. What better way to show his aunt what he did, then to show her himself.

''Betty, I painted a memorial mural dedicated to Reggie.'' Delsin said, rubbing the back of his neck.

''You wouldn't mind if we went to go see it?'' Betty asked, raising an eyebrow.

''I wouldn't mind at all, but we have to wait until it is dark outside.'' Delsin answered.

''Why?'' Betty asked once again.

''It's so that we can see it better, but first I'm going to go hang out with Fetch,'' Delsin said, getting out of his chair and exiting the kitchen.

''Bye Delsin, see you later.'' Betty said, waving her hand goodbye.

Delsin dashed to the front door, opening the door and closing the door behind him. He bent his body down and knelt to his knees, with a circle of smoke and ash surrounding him, the energy gave him a huge burst of adrenaline that catapulted him into the air. The artistic graffiti artist dashed through a nearby smoke vent, it sent him flying across the city to his destination.


[/hr]

On the roof of the Fish Cannery where citizens spent their nights eating their vast fish cuisine, it was a tourist restaurant attraction that brought tourists from Seattle to New York City, where everyone enjoyed a time with others. Delsin stood atop of the rooftop where he was waiting for Fetch to arrive. Fetch was another fellow conduit that Delsin met in an attempt to absorb her powers, to increase his chances of defeating Augustine to stop her ruthless tirade.

The moon shined in the night sky with the beautiful stars spreading harmony throughout the night, neon lights and stands appeared on the streets of Seattle where the morning coffee shops were transformed into vibrant, loud night clubs that accommodated all of the people who love to party late at night. However, the neon lights and stands helped Fetch and Delsin regenerate and use their powers to help other people but to silent the protestors who once hated them and deemed them as dangerous freaks.

''I knew you would come here, Delsin.'' Fetch brushed her dark purple hair, hiding her blushing red cheeks.

''You give me way too much credit, so how are you?'' Delsin asked, shooting down a blast shard while he looked at her.

''I've been good, dealing with drug dealers, and absorbing as much neon as I can.'' Fetch said, looking down at the dead drug dealers in the alley near the Fish Cannery.

''For some reason, I love to hang out with you.'' Delsin sat on the edge of the rooftop, letting his feet dangle. He felt the wind blowing through his hair, even with his beanie on. The nice cool feeling made him feel more comfortable around Fetch, more than usual.

''I feel the same way about you.'' Fetch sat next to him, letting her feet dangle as well.

''Maybe we should hang out like this more often.' Delsin puts his arm around her, leaning in for a kiss.

''Yes, we should.'' Fetch leaned in at the same time, to seal the deal with the kiss.

As their lips meet to seal the deal, both of their cheeks flushed with the hot sensation along with a feeling that they never had for each other before, but this time they did start with a good impression. But just when you thought their relationship with start off well, a dark shadow formed around the moon until the moon was completely covered in darkness.

The moon that once had a white complexion, transformed into a dark red moon with a dark orange coloring along with it. All of Seattle took a slight break from their parties to look up at the moon, scratching their heads with confusion. During a period of time, the moon goes through one of four eclipses each year, now they are experiencing the first one where the moon is dark red.

A strange dark, red blast shot out from the moon that was aimed directly at the Fish Cannery, where the blast came at a very rapid rate towards Delsin.

''Fetch, move!'' Delsin pushed Fetch out of the way, as she fell off of the rooftop where she ran to the sidewalk that left a neon trail of her path.

''This is going to go well, hopefully.'' Delsin watched as the blast engulfed him in a flash, sending him through a universal loop that not only had many universes similar to his, but universes that he has never discovered before.

Delsin was unaware of what would happen next, he would appear in the Golden Oaks Library, the home of Twilight Sparkle.


[/hr]

Twilight curled up in a feeble position while getting caught up in a good book, she kept the candle lit to make sure that she could see her eyes watch the words pass her by. Her loyal assistant, Spike was sound asleep after helping her friends finish the Lunar Eclipse Celebration for Luna, to help her be more in tune with her social skills around her subjects.

''This is one wonderful book, it was worth waiting for.'' Twilight skimmed through the pages with her magic, her eyes lit up with every word that she read. This book, in particular, was a book that she was waiting months to read: The Journey for the Sapphire Dragons by A.K. Yearling. Rainbow Dash had to beg Twilight for months for a copy as well, she had to jump through hoops to get it, but she finally earned it.

Without hesitation, a portal opened from the inside of the library, dropping Delsin on the floor of the library while Twilight stopped reading her book and looked behind her. Usually, Twilight would be a conducting survey or asking this creature questions, but she didn't have enough time to wrap her mind around this. So, she decided to ask him a quick question.

Twilight poked Delsin's eye with her hoof to check if he was real. ''Who are you?''

Delsin stood up from the floor, his eyes looked down at his hooves. ''I'm a horse now, where the hell am I?'' He didn't know how to react to this. Either he would attack the first thing he saw, or think of a plan.

''Well firstly, this is Equestria, more specifically, my library.'' Twilight answered, leaning closely to him.

''I'm Delsin Rowe, I'm a conduit who resides from another universe in the city of Seattle, Washington.'' Delsin's eyes popped out of his head, while he looked at Twilight's body. ''You have a horn, what are you?''

''I'm a unicorn, my name is Twilight Sparkle. The protege and student of Princess Celestia, whom I send letters to her about the magical wonders of friendship.''

Delsin simulated the action of gagging, because he wanted to barf, but didn't think to actually do it. ''Friendship could be magic, if my brother didn't die when I was betrayed by a guy that I trusted.''

''Uh, sorry to hear that.'' Twilight tried to conceal her guilt, instead she decided to comfort him. She grabbed a book with her magic to see if she had a solution to this solution: Bookworm's Guide to Dealing with Supernatural Situations.

''Ah, yes this book can solve our dilemma.'' Twilight studied the cover of the book and flipped to the first page. ''It says here, that to deal with a supernatural situation, you must first learn and understand the situation. So with a very subtle approach, I'm going to study everything about you.''

''How... fun?'' Delsin shrugged his shoulders in confusion.

Twilight's horn glowed with her purple aura while she held Delsin close to her, they were transported to Twilight's laboratory. She conducts scientific studies and analyzes anything that is out of the ordinary, other than Pinkie Sense, which she understood.

This is not going to end well.

Author's Note:

What a chaotic way to start off this story. I knew that I had a challenge to do, so I delivered with this Infamous: Second Son story, due to the fact that I loved playing the game so I decided to make a story based off of the game.

Sit back, relax, and enjoy reading the story! Due to some problems, I added more to the beginning.