• Published 18th Apr 2014
  • 4,447 Views, 83 Comments

The Second Son - Gleaming



The arrival of the Red Moon during the moon's eclipse brought a new change to the animals that live in the Everfree Forest, but that is not the only change it brought.

  • ...
12
 83
 4,447

An Ordinary Breakfast with Twilight


[/hr]

Infamous: An Ordinary Breakfast with Twilight


[/hr]

The sun's reflection came through the glass windows of the Golden Oak Library, while Twilight and Delsin were sleeping soundly in the bed. Delsin's nightmare caused him to get some cold sweats that left an impression of his body on the sheets. His stomach was still giving him trouble, the growling became a huge nuisance for him.

Delsin wipes the sweat off of his body, looking over at the Conduit tattoo on his right arm. ''Twilight, good morning.'' He pulled the covers and took his clothes from the dresser, putting his clothes back on and wrapped his chain around his wrist.

''Good morning, Delsin.'' Twilight said softly, to avoid waking Spike up from his sleep. She knows what a grumpy dragon does, when they are woken up from their slumber.

''We can both agree that it's time for breakfast.'' Delsin said, walking down the stairs leading to the library.

''I agree completely, because your stomach was growling like a hungry lion.'' Twilight tried to suppress her laughter, but she let it out without hesitation.

Twilight and Delsin walked into the kitchen to make some breakfast. She took out a cooking book to see what they should make, examining the vast collection of recipes inside. ''Hmm, I have a hankering for some pancakes.''

Twilight puts out her hoof on the cookbook near the breakfast section. ''Here we are, some cinnamon pancakes.'' She read over the cinnamon pancakes recipe in the book, to memorize every single detail.

Cinnamon Pancakes:
1/2 cup of flour
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
Vanilla extract and Vegetable oil

''That sounds delicious, let's go all out!'' Delsin exclaimed in excitement. His excitement was not only present in his facial expression, but also when he spun around on his hooves.

''Good idea.'' Twilight levitated the ingredients that the book listed, placing the ingredients on the kitchen counter. The vibrant bookworm followed the recipe step-by-step to the simple details, fixing the pancakes in a flash.

She placed the pancakes on two plates with her purple magic hovered around them. ''Delsin, want to eat these delicacies at the local cafe outside?'' she asked.

''Sure, what could possibly go wrong?'' Delsin asked, concerned.


[/hr]

They walked out of the library, heading towards the local cafe' that all ponies spend their mornings and afternoons at. The go-to place where ponies hang out and dine out, the cafe' in the town square of Ponyville was the place to be. Unbeknownst to Twilight, Delsin has never been to a public place in their universe.

''Twilight, are you sure that this place is safe?'' Delsin asked, sitting down near a mushroom table with Twilight.

''Well, Delsin, Equestria in general is not the safest place around due to the dangerous animals and mythological creatures that live in the outskirts of Equestria, also in the Everfree Forest.'' Twilight chewed on her pancakes and sipped a cup of tea.

After enjoying their little breakfast, their ears perked up to hone in on the sound of a group of timberwolves approaching the cafe. Ponies scattered with only their screams being heard, hiding in their homes for their safety.

''Twilight, I know this sounds crazy, but I'm going to fight them alone.'' Delsin said, getting out of his chair and standing across from the timberwolves.

''Are you crazy?!'' Twilight shouted with a feeling of concern and discontent, but she had to see how Delsin can handle it.

''I've fought many battles in my life and watched a dark vision of a possible future, if I do not take these challenges head on,'' Delsin looked back at Twilight, smiling at her. ''you just have to trust me.''

''Okay, I will.''

Twilight stepped away from her friend, giving him some room to take on the adversaries.

Timberwolves were no laughing matter. They had the ability to regenerate and come together as a stronger version of who they once were, creatures that only came out when the zap apples went through their stages to become nice and ripe. Granny Smith told stories about these creatures during her youth, but Delsin is about to confront these wooden creatures.


[/hr]
The timberwolves rushed head on to meet Delsin halfway when the two sides run up to each other, Delsin jumped over the timberwolves when they came to a complete stop. Delsin jumped on the sign of the cafe while the timberwolves breathed fire that burned the sign to the ground, he jumped out of the way just in time.

Dealing with this problem was one thing, but Delsin needs one of his powers to even the playing field. The smoke from the burning sign gave him the opportunity to absorb the ember and smoke, in which he absorbed it without stopping at all.

The timberwolves roared with stinky gas coming from their breath, where Delsin almost passed out from the gaseous fumes that came from the wooden wolves. Delsin's eyes shot out daggers with his vision keeping a close eye on the wolves. ''Here we go, it's now or never!''

Delsin deployed smoke grenades from his hands as the smoke blinds the vision of the wolves. With a golden opportunity ahead, Delsin dashed through the vulnerable gang of timberwolves and unwrapped his chain, smashing the wolves in one fell swoop.

''Time to finish them off.'' Delsin soared into the air as he dematerialized into three balls of smoke, which propelled him up into the sky. After stopping for a slight moment to smile, he rapidly fell back down to the ground while he rematerialized. Smoke and embers scattered through the air and the ground, with a huge gust of wind following soon after.

The Orbital Drop reduced the charred remains of the timberwolves into burned wood, the fire faded away from their charred bodies. He walked over to Twilight while the citizens of Ponyville came out of their homes, looking around at the ponies staring at him.

A steady ovation of clapping hooves gave Delsin a good feeling inside, to save anypony who was in danger. A challenge might look impossible to complete, but it never stops someone from trying.

Twilight puts her arm over Delsin, taking him back to the library.


[/hr]
The two ponies stepped into the library, Twilight laid Delsin on the floor to heal his wounds. But before Twilight could get the medical kit, a circle of smoke and ember circled around Delsin while his wounds were fully healed. ''I'm fine, Twilight.''

''I wanted to be sure, you really impressed everypony here,'' Twilight laid the medical kit down. ''You have a gift that nopony can take away from you, you was sent here for a reason.''

''What reason could that be?'' Delsin rose up from the floor, raising an arched eyebrow.

''I might not know for sure, but I do know that with the unique powers that you possess, you can write the path to your own future where you can make a difference for yourself and others.'' Twilight said, walking up the stairs to her room.

Delsin followed Twilight soon after, he opened the window to the balcony of the library, where a telescope was pointed upwards at the moon. ''It looks so beautiful.'' His eye peered through the reflective surface of the telescope, the telescope starts to tilt over to the Canterlot castle of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. ''A castle, I wonder.''

Author's Note:

Another chapter is out! An ordinary breakfast transitioned into a battle between Delsin and the Timberwolves, to an enlightenment of Delsin reflecting on his own life. Twilight tells Delsin that he is in Equestria for a reason, but what could that reason be and will it change the foundation of their friendship or the foundation of Equestria forever?

I could honestly say that, Delsin will discover how hardworking ponies do their daily duties on a farm. This particular hardworking mare, will see that hard work has a lot more benefits than she ever thought before.