• Published 15th Jan 2014
  • 7,421 Views, 735 Comments

Elements of Opposition - alarajrogers



The Mane 6, plus Spike, go to a universe where their doppelgangers have been turned evil, to rescue Discord.

Comments ( 79 )

DIscord remember to live free or die hard,

Order twilight vs harmony twilight= harmony twilight
order applejack vs harmony applejack= evenly matched
order fluttershy vs harmony flutteshy= undecided, but without hydra order fluttershy
order rarity vs harmony rarity= order rarity
order pinkie_pie vs harmony pinkie_pie= order pinkie_pie
order rainbow_dash vs harmony rainbow_dash=evenly matched
order spike vs harmony spike=harmony spike cause he managed to dragon the fuck up and get shit done.
order spike for new chaos being, cause as he is currently it pisses me off.

Yes! An excellent addition to an excellent story, thank you so much for this.

10029705
Only Twilight from Opposition is connected to Order. All of the rest of them were inverted by this world's Discord, combined with their opposites from Disharmony. Better to refer to them as Opposition rather than Order.

This was awesome. I love how Discord interpreted the orders (especially the first one, I almost screamed), how he lied to rainbow, plus his final victory. And all of the battles and their conversations were really good, though I have to say that the fluttershies with the hydra was my favorite. Spike annoyed me a bit, but I do realize he's a dragon and breaking out of his imprintment must have taken a lot.
I'm pretty sure Discord is not going to die, if he was why would you have had him learn that there was a very fine line between him and irredeemable discord? That his past actions were wrong? There is also the matter that only he knows about Luna's body and why would you introduce that element if you're not gonna use it. Plus, you really like hurting your favorite characters and it would hurt discord much more overall if he was to survive and live with the PTSD

10029776
I thought they were order since they decided to sign on with their leader's goal while according to oppression applejack they know discord isn't legit in that ritual that would be his final fuck you.

Thanks for the clarification on that and it does make more sense.

That was so intense, I'm shook.

Just, wowie, that was all amazing! I love how each pony handled their fights, especially AJ and Flutters. Seeing the match of "who can manipulate a freaking Hydra the fastest" was absolutely stellar.

And I love Rainbow's characterization. She's so rough, even when she's being nice and I adore it. And dang is she smarter than you'd expect; 10/10 to her for saving the day. God she's cool.

And DISCORD. Wow I love your Discord. I have just so many feelings about him, enough to fill an entire book. Gosh he's doing his best; he cares so much about his friends and I adore him. Just golly, it's great to see him back in power, even if it was only for a bit. We all know he isn't going to die thought; it'd be too much fun to see Discord struggle to recover and return to his normal friendship with Flutters. Also, we ALL wanna see this budding Rainbow/Discord bromance develop. Can't do that if he's dead!

But yeah, I'm rambling. I love this fic and you're a great writer. And only 4 more chapters! Wow, I've been reading this since middle school and it's almost over!

Very great story and very great author. Very happy that this story has an update.

Keep up the good work sir you write some of the best discord centric stories on this site I hope you don't lose that spark

4 chapters? Jeez. This had been a treat, very good attention to detail and even with all the explanations, nothing felt like info dump. I figured Discord would get out of this, but you were able to leave me uncertain throughout the entire thing. Definitely one of my top favorite stories.

Man, what a dramatic battle finish!

I've seen the phrase 'not so you'd notice' a few times, and I can't get it to make sense in the context of the sentence. Can someone explain?

Strange to think that 3 days from now is the 6th birthday of this story's first chapter (woohoo)

Regardless, I'm starting to feel that sense of wistfulness you get when you finish watching a long-running TV show as it was being made or well, read a long-running fanfic as it was being written. I know we're not quite at the end yet (and if there are any fun surprises like saaaay, one of the 4 upcoming chapters being like 100k words long that won't be unwelcome:moustache::moustache:) but it feels like the approach of the end of an era and much thanks for writing such a fantastic story.:twilightsmile:

10030171
Ha, I had to search it up actually, I'd never heard it until now.

It basically means "not a noticeable amount". As in, Evil Shy wasn't feeding Discord enough food for it to be noteworthy, just enough for him to survive.

Public Service Announcement:
If you ever have a genie, spirit of chaos or other nigh-omnipotent being tied to your command, do not ever, ever utter the words
"Kill them all"
Best case scenario, nothing happens.

In all seriousness, I really enjoyed the chapter. Especially the interaction between the two Applejacks and Harmony!Twilight being awesome.
And not to forget Discord juggling various orders, compulsions and constraints whilst planning, manipulating and doing heroic self-sacrifice.
I do so love your characterisations.

Man, I gotta say, this story and a few others are the only reason I'll return to this site, I have to see the end of this

This was all incredible. Every character got their chance to shine - Rainbow Dash and Discord's flight was probably my favorite, especially that strange camaraderie between them whenever Rainbow understands the game they're playing and they're on the same page, but both Applejacks taking a breather to discuss philosophy was great because it felt so natural that I kept ping-ponging between 'this is legitimate moment' and 'O!Applejack is Deception, she's clearly going somewhere with this.' And when it turned out it was genuine... this chapter did a great job painting the O!6 as characters rather than just caricatures of the originals. Rarity had the same moment, with the counterpart's concern for Sweetie and Opal, and evil Pinkie flatlining completely before what I assume is their harmony spell picked up and placed her back on Twilight's side. Even Opposition Rainbow shows some equinity - she hates her counterparts, but wants them to go down fighting instead of having Discord replace their lungs with balloons or something. She's not really giving them a chance, her empathy doesn't go that far, but she wants them to die with more honor than that.

Fluttershy sweet-talking the Hydra back to its nest was another incredible moment. It really does make sense that she emerged victorious. It's not out of any inherent goodness - her talk with Spike showcased that (again, this chapter did a great job playing with the similarities between the sixes, not just their differences) - she's just calmer and less easily riled than her counterpart, so she can push a more convincing case.

O!Spike did tip the fight... but not in the way I thought he would. Holy hell, that was brutal - both in his slow realization that his Twilight wasn't worth protecting, and then her proving it in the worst possible way when he chose to act. I was a little shocked that O!Twilight was actually distraught by what she did - I guess there's more hope left for her than I'd thought. Oof… but right after his downright fantastic analogy about comic villains and their loving minions. Here's hoping temporary heart-stopping counts for Pinkie's guarantee of death...

And then Discord steals the show at the end - the agony over 'which Dash' and the subsequent realization of since-when-did-I-care-about-sense. It's exactly the sort of convoluted thinking he used in order to lie before, which makes it all the more fitting to save the day here, and everything afterwards... pure gold. Gold and bated breath, because I can't even begin to predict how this is all going to go down.

Seriously, though, awesome chapter. I'd been waiting on this one through months and several rereads, and boy did it deliver.

Damn, four chapters left? I can't wait to see the aftermath of all this. It was a long time coming, but everything since Discord got out of that library has been damn cathartic.

He remembered that monkey-like creature who'd conquered a large part of Amareica south of Equestria, who'd tried to take advantage of Equestria's shattered infrastructure and absence of soldiers to overpower Celestia with a device that had turned her to stone and try to conquer Equestria, and his lieutenant with the broken horn... and he remembered Twilight dropping them both with spells as dark as any Sombra had cast, stopping their hearts before the others had even arrived to bring their Elements to bear.

Hmm, so Opposition!Twilight offed both the Storm King and Tempest, didn't she?

Having her be a dark magic user, I'm not sure why that surprised me a bit (I'm not forgetting anything in terms of her using it previously, aside from the obedience spell, am I?). I guess it might help in a way to have an artifact that helps inhibit emotions, in regards to avoiding it corrupting you with overuse... well, except for the part where she was already corrupted by said artifact. Plus, she's plainly desperate and very pissed off at this point.

It really went to show just how far Twilight fell, that she'd reflexively attempt to murder Spike before he even attacked her. That, and what she pulled with him in an earlier chapter to get them to stand down (after the horn-breaking threat) is very similar to something Chrysalis would do if she had the opportunity (hell, did in canon, in regards to threats she made: "Enough! Or the dragon's wings get plucked!"

And going right back to attempting to murder Twilight instead of even thanking her is just low.

I don't know why, but it was oddly sweet in a way to see Discord interacting with Rainbow Dash. An unusual way for them to kinda bond, but well-done nonetheless.

I'll admit, I was waiting for Opposition!Applejack to use the conversation to her advantage by attacking her counterpart, but having her have a genuine conversation with her was neat. It brought forth the intriguing question of "how much of her is Discord's magic's doing exactly, versus what she's been through?" I suppose we'll find out, but there is no denying that the magic was quite influential, in any case.

Also, her statement that they didn't need help sounded a lot like her reason for telling him to kill the others by "biting them or something."

I believe that's an error.


Discord defeating the collar by intentionally deluding himself as to who the speaker was was quite the poetic way to come out on top... and the Opposition group is officially crushed now, now that Harmony had a helping hand.

Now... what will happen next? Even if the Opposition team tries to fight afterwards (if say, they're not instantly purified), they probably can't really win at this point, between an exhausted unicorn who may or may not be literally unable to cast anything for a while, and other things.

10030793
Just responding to that very last bit - O!Twilight might not be as down for the count as she seems? She might be, but Discord just threw loose a ton of ambient magic and explicitly wondered how Matrisse would react. Well, we've got a piece of Matrisse right here hooked on the brain of a crazed and potentially dark magic addicted pony, so we might be in a position to find out.

Anyway. Now that I've had some time to absorb what went down here, tossing out a few predictions for what comes next. Be interesting to look back on them and see if I got any right.

-Discord does physically die, the party will think he's gone for real, and he'll reincarnate an indeterminate amount of time after the funeral Pinkie predicted. (It also counts for the '1+ friend is going to die on this route' - there's an infinitesimal chance Discord could survive what he had to do here, and that was the chance she saw (that this path of choices could turn out perfect, but probably wouldn't.) The only other friend whose mortality seems still in question at this point is O!Spike, and I'm not sure he counts for Pinkie's specifications.)
-Following that, either Discord needs to be talked into reforming again (which is an easier task with everything the M6 know about him now), or Harmony lends some hand towards preserving his memories through death. The ones it wants him to have, anyway - if it had the choice to prune them, I doubt Harmony would keep his memories of senseless torture. Even if they lead to him becoming a better person in the end.
-O!5 are purified when the second Tree blooms, but O!Twi is going to freak out over the total loss of the opposition elements/the increase of ambient chaos magic (the long-term result is a dramatic increase in harmony, but the turbine-remnants aren't going to dissipate immediately, they're loose now, and O!Twilight's incredibly sensitive to the current ambient levels of chaos magic.) If there's anything left in her, she's going to fight viciously. I can't even begin to predict whether she'll eventually fight off Order or if she's too far gone.
-With O!Discord scattered and current Discord potentially dead, O!Spike's going to get the chaos offer. I again can't make any prediction as to whether or not he takes it. I think it's likelier to happen if O!Twilight goes full Order; probably not if there's any other hope for her. (But we can pretty safely say that O!Twilight isn't going to take off the Diadem just because it's no longer enabling her to be an Element of Harmony.)
-O!Luna will be resurrected at some point - not by Discord directly, but by him sharing what he knows. I doubt Discord feels any sympathy towards O!Celestia at this point (he might, but she clearly doesn't care about him anymore and she enabled his torture), but I could see him passing it off out of guilt for what happened to his sister, or external pressure to fix this world.

What a perfect chapter! Super cathartic seeing Discord finally free. Can't believe this story is so close to being done ✊😔

10030961
Me neither. Discord's little incantation for his spell? I have had it in my head for at least five years, waiting for the day I could finally write it down and post it. I love that thing, honestly, esp "Let disorder disorder disorder, thus order" because I have a thing for when you repeat the same word over and over but it means something slightly different each time so it creates a sentence.

I am hoping to finish the thing this year, which may interfere with my ambition to hit every story and update it at least once.

Once I get it done, it will be my largest ever completed work; the next closest was 81K and I finished it in 1992, so... that's a long time to go without ever finishing any large projects. Not the Hero is larger, but won't be done as soon.

10030916

Hmm, interesting thoughts. You do have to wonder if Harmony being strengthened in and of itself would purge Opposition Twilight's corruption, because it wasn't Disharmony corrupting her, as a direct result of Discord's actions, it was Order, as a result of her own desperate actions.

I think if this world's Luna ended up getting resurrected, it could be considered a measure of vengeance for Discord, because if she knew just how far her sister had fallen, had tried to murder an innocent Twilight and her friends (when they resisted) in the pursuit of bringing her back, and how Celestia was doing this all of her own free will, without any real corruption, I think to say that Luna would be angry at Celestia would be an understatement.

Also, there's still the question of just how big the grave Chrysalis dug for herself is. She escalated things with Shining Armor and decided to attack him when the gig was up with where Cadance is and what happened to her ("no don't go into those mines, told you they're dangerous. We're through if you won't trust me. ATTACK THEM NOW MY CHANGELINGS!") Yeah... like that didn't completely validate the suspicions based on what Team Harmony told him. She's fucked one way or the other probably, if Shining Armor didn't get her first.

10030981
Yeah the incantation was really cool. I know the feeling of having something in your head for years and finally being able to share it with others.

Keep going queen the finish line is in sight 🏃

Nice to see an update!!!

And yay Rainbow Dash got to save the day by being smart!!!

The battle between the elements of Harmony and opposition is finally over and Discord is free. Now we need to see wether that means hes free in death or life.

Loved the way Discord interpreted RD’s orders and how he finally got back at the elements of opposition.

Wooh a chapter, just a question about world building

Celestia got too overwhelmed with grief to touch the moon

So does the other side of the world have solar eclipses most days, I could see this causing massive amounts of trouble due to societies there freaking out, wars, human sacrifice, etc.

Thanks for the yearly update. Can't wait for the next chapter

10030961
Yeah...he gonna die Tragic Hero style

So can we expect the next chapter in a shorter or longer time frame than the last one? Either way, this was pretty sick, keep it up.

Awesome chapter.

Okay this was good but there were a couple points that confused me and seemed contrary to things you'd written in the story previously:

First off in the last chapter you point out Discord's limitations in regards to his crystals and collar:

Discord slithered to his feet, and wobbled. "Yes, but that's not the issue," he said. "I can't leave yet."

Applejack raised an eyebrow. "How's that now?"

"It's all very complicated magical things that I don't expect you to understand, but the long and short of it is, if I try to leave now—"

"He's got magical crystals in his gut that eat chaos magic, and until he, uh, gets them out, he needs to wear the suppressant collar, and it won't work on your side of the portal," Smaller Spike said.

It sure sounds like Discord doesn't have a viable option for dealing with those crystals, so how did he come up with the idea to vent magic in this chapter? When did he realize it was even a possibility, because so far nothing in the story suggests he knew that it was.

Also while there is precedent for Twilight not giving a dam about Spike until there's a real chance of losing him, this moment here:

She turned toward him, her eyes dark and leaking energy, and before he even registered what was going on, she fired a bolt of magic at him.

He staggered, an overwhelming pain in his chest bringing him to his knees. "...Twi... light?" he gasped.

And the darkness in her eyes vanished. A look of horror formed on her face. "Spike? Oh no. No! That wasn't for you!" She ran over to him. "Spike, you have to be all right!"

He was pretty sure he wasn't. The pain hadn't stopped, and the world was growing dim around the edges. He heard Twilight shouting, "No, no, no!" and felt her pull him into her hooves, but it all felt very far away. His chest burned, but his limbs were cold and he couldn't feel them.

It is a moment of remorse that I don't buy being genuine, especially with the aftermath being what it is:

"Let me try," he heard Twilight say, but it didn't have the raw anguish in the voice that he'd just heard. And then he felt warmth, and an easing of the pain. "You've hit me with that thing so many times, I came up with a healing spell for it."

Spike breathed, and realized that a moment ago, he hadn't been. He coughed, and blinked, because his eyes had been open but he hadn't been seeing anything anymore and now his eyes were dry. "What... just happened?" he managed.

There were two Twilights. The unicorn was on the ground, holding him. The alicorn was standing up, the glow from her horn fading. And then the unicorn's eyes went black again, and she dumped him on the ground and fired a spell at the alicorn — who returned fire.

Given her attitude towards others (excluding Celestia) over the course of the story, her remorse comes off as just a trick to get harmony Twilight off her game. And maybe that was the point; to show she doesn't care about Spike at all and to further show just how low she has sunk, but it didn't feel like it was written with that in mind.

If there was a weakness with this chapter overall, I would say it would have to say it was a lack of internal perspective. Your works in general do a great job of putting the readers in the heads of multiple characters and showing us their internal logic and motivations and this story wasn't a exception to that until this chapter.

We had a few internal technically dialogues, and maybe one or two moments with the harmony crew, but nothing explain where this last minute idea of Discord venting his magic comes from, and nothing from the Opposition crew throughout the duration of the fight, even though the story could have benefited from it, especially the scenes with Opposition Twilight because it would've been nice to have known what was going on with her. Like I said, this was good, and by many other authors standards I might even call it great, but it could've been better.

10034477
Discord is venting his magic to give himself a very small chance of survival (the crystals feed on chaos magic, maybe he survives if he has no magic anymore, but probably not (but we know he'll survive because there was an excerpt in another story of his future suicide attempt and Rainbow punching him because of it)).

Also, if anyone tried to remove his collar before, Discord would need to try to kill them (but the Harmony!Twilight maybe could've done it fast enough, I'm not sure I remember enough of the story to know...).

He lost consciousness at the end because of magical exhaustion and also because the crystals started rupturing him.

I think he didn't do that before because he hoped they could run away without him almost surely committing suicide. And also maybe because if Harmony!Twilight tried to knock him out, he would've had to use his real mana pool to stop her, so maybe she couldn't have done that either. Or... maybe the order only works against taking the collar off, not being knocked out.

I personally think this chapter might've been the best, even if it perhaps was a little more "external".

awwwwwwwwwwwsome!!

10030981
pls never stop writing, i would die to see you just stop logging into fimfic like so many others

Woah, things are really picking up. So glad this and Not the Hero are still continuing.

oh man I been looking forward to this, Can't wait to see how they react to being fixed

Amazing, counting the seconds until the next chapter.

Holy shit! Four chapters left? This story is just so good! I'll be checking every day for a new update. I can't believe that all this has happened. Extremely curious about how this is going to end, really hoping that Discord survives this endeavor. Also really hoping that the elements and the alternate elements will get along and be friends (maybe?). Plus it would be nice to see if Princess Celestia (harmony) has a stern talking with the other Princess Celestia (and perhaps Luna can join as well? Or maybe Luna can tell her to change her ways or something? Be sort of sisterly towards the other Celestia?). This story is great and I cannot wait to see how this is going to end, please don't give up on this, I can wait (It just sucks super bad). At least I have my imagination to buy me time until the next chapter arrives. Have a good day :)

This story is so well writen! Every detail, every word is perfectly placed or that is what it seems like to me. Each perspective and character is unique and each bit of emotion messes with my heart. I loved the incantation! When I first finished this chapter, I had it stuck in my mind. Especially the let disorder, disorder, disorder, thus order. Awesome!

10099936
I mean resulting to insults probably not the best move, Tho it is funny, I'll give you that.

I would jist poing out to that individual that you can't judge a story quality wise by jumping around it. Its like skipping through a film and seeing only 5 of the scenes and saying... "man that film sucked"

10034634
The problem is that in the previous chapter the emphasis was on the Crystals being the major problem and in this one Discord regards them as a minor issue.

A transition that big requires more explanation than some dispassionate lines spoken in the heat of battle. Lines which only served to foretell exactly how the battle was going to end and take even more tension out of the fight.

Which brings us to the real reason why this chapter was merely okay, the battle. Their was no dramatic tension or horror to this fight at all. And given the fact we've had at least one good battle in this story so far that felt like a letdown. And it's not like there weren't any good ideas on her part, but none were allowed to come to fruition.

OPP Spike is injured? Nope he's healed it's all good. Hydra on the loose? Sent away peacefully.

OPP Pinkie fighting a totally exhausted and burnt out Harmony Pinkie? Have no fear she's totally inept at fighting and only able to score superficial wounds. There were so many ways to ratchet up tension without even necessarily resorting to crippling or killing the other characters.

The Spike fight alone could have been more interesting had he been facing the hydra, or a supersized Discord, or heck OPP Pinkie using reality warping with her knives and going death by a thousand cuts.

Then there's the question of having the Opposition Team carrying more weapons with them or fighting different individuals other than their counterparts. Flutter Cruel with a whip against Applejack would have been a much more interesting fight than what we got.

As it is I feel like we could have cut the entire thing and replace it by having the OPP Team loose Discord but capture their Harmony counterparts. And then we could have had more dialogue and a tension filled interrogation, while Discord was looking for ways to escape his confinement.

As opposed to this fight which went no where and allowed for very little character interaction. Again I only say this because I know Alarajrogers can do better. And I know that because I've seen her do better.

4576467
If it's inconsistent with the portrayal most commonly set forth by the show itself why not? People have been far more liberal with characters on this site before.

I fell out of reading this a few years ago when I fell out of the fandom between seasons 6 and 7 (mainly for grad school reasons). Self-quarantine and social distancing have sent me hurtling back in. Even when I fell out of the fandom, your fics have stuck in my mind. I binge read this and Not the Hero (just the chapters I needed catching up on) in the last 2 days. Glad to see you're still updating theses. Seeing Discord finally free and reunited with Fluttershy and the rest of the Harmony-verse Mane 6 has allowed me to let out a breath I hadn't realized I'd been holding for years. I can't wait to see what happens next.

10116597
Fair enough. Glad you were entertained. I was in Rage mode.

10145973
I was entertained at the time yes...

however now I am just reading back, appalled at "2 weeks" ago me's grammer.

2 weeks in quotes cause it had to have been longer than that.

aaa I can't wait to binge read this when its finished!!

God I hope you write more soon. This story is so amazingly thought out, so complex, so unique. This is better than most officially published books honestly. I really hope that new chapters come soon, I can not wait to see what happens!!

10118939
Hi, sorry, I didn't get a notification for this. I don't actually even know if there are notifications for comment responses...

The problem is that in the previous chapter the emphasis was on the Crystals being the major problem and in this one Discord regards them as a minor issue.

That's because Discord's goals have changed. Discord cared about his survival (so crystals that rupture him if he takes off his collar are a problem). Now he cares about his survival much less than he cares about saving his friends and the world - so his probable impending death is something bad he would've preferred to avoid, but it's not a big problem anymore - even if Discord dies, he feels he succeeded at what's truly important to him.

So the crystals, objectively speaking, present still the same problem, but Discord cares much less now.

Their was no dramatic tension or horror to this fight at all.

For me, the tension was in not knowing how will Discord avoid being captured by the Opposition ponies again. (And for someone who doesn't know the Harmony ponies will survive, the tension could be in not knowing that one either. They're all just one random command away from a Total Party Kill, and that could happen at any moment during the fight. Plus, Discord's creativity in how to avoid fulfilling the orders by killing anyone.)

10292486

Hi, sorry, I didn't get a notification for this. I don't actually even know if there are notifications for comment responses...

There should be notifications for comment responses, unless there's a setting that turns them off.

But that's okay. I have similar problems getting new chapters for stories to appear where they should on my tracking page, so I understand how you might not have gotten a notification.

Now he cares about his survival much less than he cares about saving his friends and the world - so his probable impending death is something bad he would've preferred to avoid, but it's not a big problem anymore - even if Discord dies, he feels he succeeded at what's truly important to him.

So the crystals, objectively speaking, present still the same problem, but Discord cares much less now.

I went back recently and while that viewpoint of the conflict does work out, it could've been better setup; perhaps a look at Discord's internal thought process while he was talking with Dash.

Bringing it back to a comment you made, you said you enjoyed this chapter even though it was more exterior; but it's with her descriptions of characters thoughts and feelings that alarajrogers shines.

Changing course on her methodology by the end of a story with a great flow, might not have been the best of decisions for the structure of her story.

For me, the tension was in not knowing how will Discord avoid being captured by the Opposition ponies again.

Fair enough. But since I knew from the author's notes from earlier chapters that we were close enough to the end, I personally didn't think that was very likely.

(And for someone who doesn't know the Harmony ponies will survive, the tension could be in not knowing that one either.

The problem was that they were pretty evenly tied for the majority of the fight. Even if they got the same amount and quality of food and sleep (which seems unlikely), the Elements of Harmony just got back from fighting both Chrysalis's personal guard and the Canterlot Royal Guard for a good long while. Even if Pony stamina is wildly different from our own it's easy to imagine there might be some advantage owned by the Elements of Opposition.

Yet not only do they manage to only tie with their counter parts, but harmony Pinkie manages to avoid her Opposite number, despite the fact that she is highly energetic and equipped with a sixth sense and weapons which which extend both her reach and ability to do damage.

Either the Opposition Elements are not half the power houses they've been hyped up as, or not only is Pony stamina pretty much inexhaustible, but we can assume there are no really consequences for fighting in terms of exhaustion.

Either way it was never once believable to me that the Elements of Harmony would lose here; granted I felt the same way back in Canterlot, (largely because of the kind of story it is, and for the reasons I mentioned previously), but if you're gonna hype up a villain as much as alarajrogers has these six, then they should at least be able to get some credible shots in at least. (Unless she's saving the worst for after the Harmonization which I doubt.)

They're all just one random command away from a Total Party Kill, and that could happen at any moment during the fight.

Except the way things are set up, that tension was only apparent during the latter part of the fight, and then a few moments latter, the fight was over.

Plus, Discord's creativity in how to avoid fulfilling the orders by killing anyone.)

Yeah, but that was during the first moment of the chapter and once it was over the tension was gone like that.

10292997
Well... I can see your point - I don't really feel the same way, but I can definitely see where are you coming from. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment