• Published 22nd May 2013
  • 1,204 Views, 112 Comments

Their Final Crusade - wayward_pony



The CMC get their Cutie Marks, but at what cost?

  • ...
5
 112
 1,204
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 15 )

I read all of this and found out this chapter came out over 25 weeks ago is there going to be a new chapter or is it over?

6639951

It's not quite over. It has two more parts to go. Just taking a break and focusing on other, smaller works to keep from getting burnt out.

Thanks for the interest! :eeyup:

Thanks for making it can't wait for the next chapter

6640040 1 year and 3 months later and still nothing:ajbemused:

7993173

I genuinely appreciate your interest. I love writing Their Final Crusade, however I got massive writer's block following the release of the 4th part and started working on two other projects as a way to keep from getting burnt out. Couple that with health and personal issues, time got more than a bit bit away from me on this one.

Though the CMC have changed a bit in the series I have not forgotten or abandoned this story.

Thanks again for the interest.

7993207 no problem and sorry for sounding like an ass

7993925

It's all groovy. People get used to seeing certain patterns.

I know of a few long fics the author hasn't updated in a long while but not cancelled. It can get disappointing and even frustrating, especially if you've considered, or have already started, reading it.

7995254 or binge read the whole thing only to realize that they never update it and later find out that they used to update regularly

8223683

I am completely overwhelmed by your responses to this story. Thank you so much for taking the time to share all that, it means so much more than any monetary pursuit could ever equal (which is not why I write; I write 'cause I just gotta do it ^^). I truly appreciate the story of someone who's been through so much, and I sincerely wish you the best of luck in adapting to the changes as they come. It is frightening to have one's perception change, predicted or not, and it is awesome that you're telling me these stories have helped you so much.

I plan to continue and finish this story. It's based off the idea the CMC didn't have their Cutie Marks because of how they were looking at the world. They were too inwardly focused in the wrong way to understand their talents, and too outwardly focused in a way that wouldn't get it either, and they also live in the immediate-now, where the present is all that really matters. They look at each new day with wonder and possibility, because they're kids. I think the CMC's pursuit was an incredible way to illustrate childhood. That said, I think this idea is a bit orphaned from the series as it is now, but that can happen after so long and so many different ideas going into a commercial work. Gotta remain focused on the good.

Thank you again. Wishing you well :eeyup:

Peace!

Astounding! Simply astounding! Life does indeed go on after tragedy. Trauma may linger but love and friendship can always work wonders in minimizing the impact.

Everyone stood together. Learned from each event. There are loads upon loads of morals and takeaways from this work.


When you write you certainly put your heart into the work. I so easily can get into the headspaces while feeling the pure emotion along with challenge the characters go through. There is no right nor wrong. There is simply life, learning from it, and moving on as best as you can.

Like any good story you also had some tremendous character development. Nothing occurred that did not challenge one, or more, characters who had to learn how to cope while aiding those around them. It's really a whole lot of strong, world building in an alternate universe that deserves to be noticed far outside of FiM Fiction.

Have you thought of sending this to "Equestria Daily"? If you haven't before I really think you should. It's a great tale a lot of people there could appreciate. :)

I take my hat off to you. You are definitely an epic writer.

What a wonderful sad story that I hope gets updated someday.

10271488

Thanks very much for the kind words :pinkiesmile:

Around Season 4, after the series drifted away from some of the themes Lauren Faust instated and started divulging onto different paths I began feeling a progressively uninspired to continue with this story as time went on, especially as the CMC got their Cutie Marks (which was both incredibly inspired and, IMO, somewhat sad in what it said about how the character's motivation seemed to be changing). The series has ended, though, and I'm looking back at all the different things I've written and asking myself if I'm up to continuing with them, and I'm happy to say yes, I am. This is one I have very fond memories of creating, and I would like to continue it.

Thanks again :eeyup:

Such a good read, will it be continued?

Cruasiders
is this typo intentional

This I say was one definitely one of the greatest fics I have read, amazing job at this one.

Definitely tracking and faving this one.

Login or register to comment