• Published 20th Apr 2013
  • 4,118 Views, 89 Comments

Eros: a Collection of Experimental Short Stories - darf



A compilation of experimental short stories about love, sex, and the ways we think about them. Each story presents its subject matter in a unique format.

Comments ( 22 )

Inb4 feature

You are, quite honestly, the god of clop. I bow before your boner inducing words. Keep up the great writing!

Neat, will read :twilightsmile:

Do y'all hear that sound? That creaking and groaning in the walls, shifting in rhythm like the room is breathing?

That's the sound of someone pushing at the boundaries of what clop dares to be. Striking the foundations. Showing us what we're missing out on if we settle for mere pony sex.

If it doesn't collapse this whole goddamn building I will be extremely disappointed in the fandom.

I have all the confidence in this. :ajsmug:

And wow, the piano piece really did turn out good. That piece follows the action of Enharmonic very well.

Wow. First off... you made a very wise choice not having me edit this. I would have been no help. :pinkiecrazy:

Damn, man. Just... just damn. This is beautiful. It's artistic, it's raw, it's pretty, it's ugly, it's evolved, it's primal. So many emotions in this one little story. 19,000 words running the gamut of love and related emotions. I can't find the accurate words to describe how amazing this is. In the face of such beautifully arranged words, how can my paltry typings compare? Any words I say would insult the work. This, right here, is the reason why Mature stories should be allowed on Equestria Daily.


And yeah, I'd have stared blankly at this, going, "Duuuuuhhhhhh, pwetty poni have sexi tiems."

I particularly liked Chaos Theory. :twilightblush:

(I fully admit several parts of the whole collection are beyond my ability to appreciate, but it's reader failure, not writer failure -- and how often does anyone say that about erotic fiction?)

xDan #9 · Apr 20th, 2013 · · 2 ·

Featured in 3... 2... 1...

:heart: back.

Unless that's for Aploosan, which I understand because you've worked with him more. In this instance the favoritism is understood and completely legitimate in nature.

Why would I write potentially inflammatory things and then instead of deleting it cross it out?

Because it's funny.

Bah, I digress. These are all really fantastic. My particular favorites (barring the sonnets because I lazily worked with you on them (ain't that a stretch or what) ) is Applejack's story and the CaraLight (Caramellight? Twilemel? Sparklemel? Carasparkle?) story.

With Him just pulls at the heart. It's the sort of introspective narrative that I often try to emulate with varying degrees of success. The amount of repression and unspoken desire makes it such a melancholy little piece, and yet Applejack's loyalty to her family name and reputation stands above her own desires. The focus solely on Applejack's viewpoint makes it very interesting to wonder how Big Mac thinks of her, as he doesn't really give her a whole lot to go on.

I like the Caramel/Twilight one a whole lot because it works. It's very rare to see dialogue-only fics that don't fail to express what's happening clearly or go so out of their way to express what's happening clearly that it feels unnatural and falls apart. It's super-hot and happens to be able to flexibly allow the reader's imagination to flow with the dialogue, guided gently by the words.

And the new story-rotation tech is super-special awesome, it's really neat that you got to force knightly to do it try out this wondrous new technology! Imagine a world where we can have multiple alternative endings without putting them into seperate chapters! It'd be like Choose Your Own Adventure except without personal choice. :pinkiesmile:

Gosh, look at me, I really want your attention quite badly! I think I'll just stop

And featured. That took like no time at all. :pinkiegasp:

Is the title a shout out to that Soderbergh/Antonioni/Wong movie?

HEHE. THE MORE I READ THE MORE HAPPIER I GET.

But, in all reality, shipping the Mane 6 as lesbians miiiiiiight not be a good idea.

Gotta say, this is a pretty fascinating experiment writing wise. I'll give a better reply when I've finished all of them. Just thought I'd chime in my 2 bits of the first thing that came to mind with the premise(s).

At first I was like, Who the hell wrote this? and then I was like, Oh, darf, you crazy crazy author. *calls the asylum* I have a new 'guest' for you guys...

pramos #16 · Apr 21st, 2013 · · 2 ·

I feel like I just finished reading dubstep, that is to say the flow of the text was jarring and difficult to stay focused on. The pinnacle of my unease was 'Kiss', where I could not for the life of me read that block in Pinkie's voice. The stories were perfectly valid expressions of ideas, but presented in a manner that just wasn't my cup of tea.

Going over your published work, I have to say that sometimes it seems like you are a hostile writer, desperate to push some sort of boundaries or notion of validity on the reader. I can't thumbs down the honest attempt, but the only chapter I was able to get into was Chaos Theory, where such antics are in the fine print of the character's contract.

Hey, if you want to readjust the french part I can help. If you want to that is :twilightsmile:

This story is probably the most interesting of them. And I might be one of the few who can understand that certain part and say that Noc did a very good job.

:O :pinkiegasp::twilightsheepish::yay: WOOOOOO
I can read this instead of midnight belle and not have to worry about breaking the marathon!
BAM!

:heart:

Unbelievable. The random selection teased and built. It felt like a consistent advance of the characters. It randomly assorted the text selections into a pattern that didn't seem random at all; it felt like it was making callbacks and progressing. Translating the French dialogue strengthened it.

Spoiler warning!
It came early, as the second file, when the first (Aurora!) seemed like a shameful taunt... "Now, you must understand that the only fun I intended to give you is my own volition." It seems like a rebuke, and then she teases him with a thing she chooses to do. Why, these are not flashbacks at all.

They are the future presented via the past. And so, how natural! That the next scene be something harmless and gentle, innocence again and innocence in truth... then to sting, a reminder of how Celestia treats the innocent now. Of indeed, how innocent she is no longer, until the facade cracks in passion in a hall of history. From there, it is desperation and the act itself, and Discord is caught out when Celestia proves to still have volition indeed. She is demanding.

That was awesome. The randomised nature of the story, combined with the short stops in the small segments, add a sense of tension and anticipation for the next moment. Discord and Celestia have (had) one interesting relationship, and it seems that Celestia is rather libidinous and quite voyeuristic.

I guess being immortal/long-lived will make you a little adventurous.

In any case, all of these short stories were definitely worth reading. You've impressed me and have inspired me.

That was different. But awesome :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment