• Published 5th Apr 2013
  • 1,040 Views, 299 Comments

Maledictum Insania 2: The BloodClaw Cult - Nero Darkard



The war against insanity continues three years after Obsidian's death, with the rise of a sinister cult.

Comments ( 36 )

We... are... horse-feathers... :twilightoops:

I never once expected it, not once, that it was him. My sweet Luna, her sister and her cousin are now mortal. :raritydespair:

I can't blame Blueblood for what he did, after being left out. But, joining the demons and he had no right to threaten Equestria. Or my Princess. :twilightangry2:

I don't see any hope left...

All that is left now are the Elements and the Crystal Heart... :ajsleepy:

At the end, Nightmare will have every pony at her mercy.

Can't wait to see the story conclusion in MI3.:twilightsheepish:

Whelp...we're screwed.
I can't believe I never suspected Blueblood! He was the one pulling the strings this whole time! Now I feel dense for accusing Cadence. :facehoof:
Toxica giving Rarity a kiss now worries me. I fear she might be poisoned with some kind of fatal venom that will eventually seek to kill her. :fluttershysad:
With Blueblood now king, the princesses practically powerless, and the demons roaming free, Equestria's future is looks extremely grim. It looks like it'll take a miracle to save Equestria now. :ajsleepy:
Can't wait to see the big conclusion to the series in Maledictum Insania 3! :pinkiehappy::rainbowkiss:

I'm excited for MI3 now! Great ending for this book! It's a shame, Twilight and her group always seems to be doing good, but just end up getting screwed. Oh boy. I wonder if the kiss will make rarity go mad? It's hard to see rarity different after reading the story A Secret life of rarity. Hmm.. I wish Chrysalis was still alive. Is king sombra and or nightmare moon going to come back physically at all? A picture of Alicorn Blueblood and Succubus would be helpful for visuals too!

3547211
While Im hoping someone makes an alicorn blueblood picture, since it would help me to visualize it myself, there actually is fan art of Succubus already!
If you look a few comments back, you will see that I posed the picture.
It is also available in the fan art section on my profile.

Celestia: It seems we have no choice but to give you our immortality...
Blueblood: Rightfully so! Finally, Aunty Celestia is giving me my birthright. The gift of immortality.
Luna: ...and the curse...
Blueblood: What? Explain yourself!
Celestia: We have lived for uncountable eternities, having our friends, family and loved ones perish around us...
Luna: ...taken by the cold dutiful vale of time, the one thing that is never in our power to control.
Blueblood: Ah! But with all three Alicorns' powers as my own, even time can be under my control!
Cadence: Nothing is under anypony's control, you can only guide and influence things.
Blueblood: But nopony ever had the combined power of the three immortal goddesses before!
Celestia: We've had several lifetimes to realize this.
Luna: No thing is ever in anypony's control, magic only ever gives us the illusion of power.
Blueblood: ENOUGH! Despair! Escort these commoners to the dungeons!
Celestia: You have taken from us our kingdom, magic, and our gift of living forever...
Luna: ...but also the weight of our crown, power, and the curse of never dying...
Cadence: I am sorry, Blueblood...
Celestia: We are so, so sorry... / Luna: We are so, so sorry...
Blueblood: I SAID ENOUGH! I'll see you banished for this! Despair! Get these heathens out of my sight!

3560715
Thats pretty hilarious.
Actually, perhaps I should keep this comment in mind when I get started writing Cupcake Factory.

3560715
Didn't see this coming Discord, but I should always expect the unexpected from the Master of Chaos himself. :twilightsheepish:

I would change Cadance's font a little darker, it is hard to read on my screen since I had to highlight it to see it. :trollestia:

3560849
Any hints on what's to come in MI3 by the way, Nero? :ajsmug:

3571464

I don't want to spoil much, but I can say that things are going to be even much bigger than they have been so far.
Now with Equestria in the claws of demons and a corrupted king, we are no longer talking about a nation-wide crisis.
Now, it is much more of a world-wide crisis.
I already have a few very, very huge historic events in mind and several really mindblowing things will happen, but I yet need more to put it all into a book of decent length.

3571464 Actually its more that you have to unexpect the expected with him.

Lol totally forgot about blue blood! Well played sir.

3571464
I'm sorry, you didn't see something like this coming from me? I must have done something wrong...
!Choas | saohC!

Lol that has unexpected can't wait for mi3 can't wait to see what happens or tether it should be "read" I wonder who the gray figure is it isn't by any chance obsident shard is it sorry if I spelled his name wrong its always a pleasure to read your work can't wait to see what you come up with -.o write soon

3547367 I can "draw" it for you if you want it digital I can always ask my friend he introduced mi to me an year ago his a iconer

3695520
Im so glad to hear that word is spreading around about my work.
I would be honored if you made fan art based on my books.
If you send me the results, I will be sure to put it on my profile.

3695532 ok I'll get on it after I get some sleep its 6:30 in the morning at where i live pulled ab all nighter lol

bland expression..........
trixie is more powerful than blueblood by any stretch of imagination, and more than likely she was only as powerful as the newly formed alicorn twilight............ blueblood could be killed in an isntant by either ergal sister or both.............
the conflict would ahve ended in nine seconds.

3850754
Trixie might have had more magical abilities, but she messed with a very mighty demon.
Blueblood is interesting to the demons. One would like to imagine that a room full of them, surrounding everypony, even the princesses, would be capable of defending him.
Also, he was blackmailing. Should he have died, so many would have been killed in return.

3852492 no more than likely they could have killed him without effort. like at all....... blueblood having the capacity for any of this make pinkie pie ACTUALLY eating rainbow dash seem logical. and this story REALLY twists the narrative far too much for me to buy it for a second.
also yes the demons would kill, but the amount of ponies to die if they surrendered would be FAR greater.

also i am pretty sure demons would probably book it if something kills their leader in like nine seconds. they would likely not want to risk suffering the same fate.

3852627
So you think Blueblood is really in charge here?
You said yourself he is weak even compared to Trixie.
Think about it: Who was the hands of Blueblood the whole time?
Do you think demons just obey a pony like that?
Not all is told quite yet.

4864009
Um, how does "end" and "red" rhyme?

Comment posted by Need More Gore deleted Aug 20th, 2014

4864065 True that Blood for the blood god! Skulls for the skull throne. Leave the remains for nurgles flock. " yeah me and my buddy play way to much chaos deamons in warhammer. Though

6183751
Spike had his burial in the first book already.

6533404
Awesome! Nice to have you back on board!

I just wanted to ask if this Sequel is based on on the first or the last conclusion of Maledictum Insania. I loved to read the first book.

7134368
While all conclusions are considered canon, the story of course can only be continued by following one path further down. I had a concept for both ways, so I decided to take a vote. The majority wanted the story to continue based on the Ringing Bells conclusion, so this and the final book follow down that road. If you want to find out more about my concepts and ideas, feel free to browse through my blog. I posted a lot of information there.

7134368
Oh and thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed the first book.

7134876 Wow, thanks for the quick reply. So I get to read more about Obsidian as normal Pony nice!

7136756
Only in my blog posts sadly.
If this confuses you, ringing bells is the ending where he gets killed and letter of destiny is the one where he lives as a normal pony.

7137919 Ah, sorry messed the names up. Still Awesome, that means more FlutterReaper, pretty cool too.

7140360
I hope you have a good time reading my work and feel free to write down your thoughts in the form of comments. I always get excited when i see new comments.

I just finished reading Part 2 of your MI Series and again great work! The pacing of the story is a little bit to fast but that`s just my opinion other than that it was pretty awesome.
It`s really sad to see how little attention you get for your amazing work.
Looking forward to read Part 3!

7177037
Thanks. I hope you enjoy the third book just as much.

7332901
I had a vote about which ending to base the sequel on.
That ending won by a good number.

7338551
*grins widely while nodding in agreement*

7341027
I give none of my demons a cutie mark to further signify the difference between pony and demon.
They may sometimes look like ponies, with hooves and all, but they definitely are NOT ponies.

Login or register to comment