• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 8,870 Views, 207 Comments

My Little Mission: Sneaking is Magic - DoctorSpectrum



A Metal Gear/MLP crossover fic! Snake goes to Equestria!

  • ...
7
 207
 8,870

Epilogue: The Best is Yet To Come

In a hospital thousands of kilometres away, Revolver Ocelot was just finishing up an important phone call, having just come out from an important and successful arm transplant. “…It takes a well-balanced individual… such as yourself to rule the world. No, sir. No one knows that you were the third one…Solidus.”

As he continued talking on the phone, he flexed his new arm. It had been a stroke of genius, taking the arm from Liquid’s body and using it for an arm transfusion. “What should I do about the woman?” Ocelot asked, still talking on the phone to this mystery person. “Yes sir. I’ll keep her under surveillance.

“Yes. Thank you. Goodbye. Mr. President.” He hung up the phone, looking around to make sure that no one in the hospital had overheard whom he was talking to. Fortunately, it was fairly late in the afternoon, and those who were in the hospital were too busy to pay any attention to an innocent-looking man in a business suit making a quiet phone call.

Confident that no one was watching him, Ocelot picked up the receiver of the phone once more. Rather than dialling the phone though, he dialled his codec, and pretended to speak into the phone so that he wouldn’t look suspicious seemingly talking to thin air.

“Yes, it’s me,” he said. “As I anticipated, the entire unit was wiped out. Yes… yes, even him. I doubt whether there’ll be any more visits.” Ocelot paused to listen to what his contact was asking. “Those two are still alive. The vector? Yes, the spark should become activated soon... Right on schedule.

“Yes. I recovered all of Mantis’s information. ...No. My cover is intact. Nobody knows where I really went. Yes, Vulcan Raven suspected something, but he's been disposed of.” Before continuing, Ocelot looked around once more to see whether he was being watched. Just as before, no one was paying him any attention.

“Yes. The inferior one was the winner after all,” he continued saying. “...That's right. Until the very end, Liquid thought he was the inferior one. Yes. I agree completely. It takes someone who has seen the dark side... such as yourself to rule the world. No. No one knows that you also were sent to Earth... Of course I’ll help you get back.

“Yes. Thank you. Goodbye. Princess Luna.” With that, Revolver Ocelot hung up the phone and exited his codec call. Walking away, he casually left the hospital, and started whistling to himself. Everything was going according to plan.

THE END

Author's Note:

SUDDEN TWIST ENDING OUT OF NOWHERE!!!!

For the record, I have no plans at the moment to write a sequel unless I get some good ideas for one, I just added this in as a homage/reference to the infamous credit phone calls of Metal Gear Solid.

Thank you for reading my story, I hope that you enjoyed it!

Comments ( 31 )

You've crossed over one of my favorite video game series, Metal Gear Solid, and for that, I applaud you.

Also, since I haven't completely read it yet, should I be able to experience any relation to characters/equipment from MGS? Certainly if Liquid and the rest of Foxhound needs to take Snake down, they'd try to use 'Mantis to get there. I imagine Decoy Octopus disguising himself as one of the local populous. :ajsmug:

That, or Metal Gear REX and Liquid Snake decide to try and destroy Ponyville or wherever else to find Snake.

Despite my ludicrous ideas, I hope to see more. :twilightsmile:

:/ D-Does that mean You cast Luna as a villain? Or am I missing something.

2016038
There are a lot of references to characters, scenarios, and events from the games, but that's about it. As for FOXHOUND, I more wanted to write a "Snake gets sent to Equestria and has to learn how to adjust" scenario rather than "Snake goes to Equestria, and then the events of MGS follow him". Although you'll find out when you read it:twilightsmile:

Hope you enjoy it!

2016071
Probably MGS2, since MGS3 takes place earlier in MGS continuity. I'm still not sure whether I will write a sequel though, I'll have to have one hell of a brainstorming session to think of some good ideas.
2016080
Ocelot's just manipulating her, because he's a dick like that.

2016090

I see...

Regardless, it's a good story and I await to see more from you. :pinkiesmile:

2016100

Alright then, I can accept that.

Also, I believe that you could convincingly cast a sequel with what you have here. (Maybe the Ponies find themselves flung into the middle of the Big shell incident? That would be a bit of a risk, but it would give fresh material if you followed Snake's path through the game instead of Raiden's. Or maybe initially Snake and possibly this time, Otacon as well get flung into the world of the ponies after the tanker goes down)

Just a couple ideas if you were so inclined.

Princess Luna YOU F***ING TRAITOR!!!:flutterrage:

2016607
See my above comment to Meltian
2016326
If I do write a sequel, it'll definitely be something other than "MGS character arrives in Equestria," because I pretty much used up all the decent scenarios I could think of in this fic - as you say, something like the ponies rocking up in the middle of the Big Shell incident would work well. I dunno. I've also got a few ideas for some other fics floating around in my head, and I wouldn't mind writing one of them before doing a sequel.

2016732 Meh yeah I noticed that but I still think she's a traitor for no reason

2016732

Oh, of course. I know the feeling. The difference is that all of my fics are in my head. I haven't had the drive to put any to paper, so to speak.

It would be nice to see a sequel at some point, but it's best to let it happen naturally rather than force it by trying to roll one out with little thought.

2017845
Oh, don't be like that! Whatever you write can't be as bad as my story about a cloned mercenary getting sent to a land of talking colourful ponies by a Russian telepathic, which climaxes when the mercenary has to steal a fancy tiara from a Russian cowboy.

A good ending to a good fic.

2018570

What you did thar... I see it.

Princess luna for supreme overlord

2224828
...Because there's no logical reason for him to magically turn into a pony once he arrives in Equestria?

Cool story, pal. It's clever.

I'd have :pinkiegasp:'d at the Luna reveal, but considering the constant heel turns every fifteen minutes in this series, I wouldn't be surprised if she still did everything in her plan for the good guys anyway.

This oughta be great, though. Maybe instead of half the things in Equestria having references to MGS, half the things during the Tanker and Plant chapters of MGS2 could reference MLP episodes.

I mean, MGS loves bringing literally every minor plot point in so many full circles, it's basically pacing in the same area until it's dug a three-foot circle hole in the ground. XD

Oh Celestia did I just get a lot of notifications!
2456483
I'm pretty sure I mentioned it in a previous comment somewhere, but I thought of the bees reference mid-way through writing the chapter. I did intentionally work my way towards the "Only one Boss, only one Snake," though.

2457029
It's a comedy; don't think too hard about it.

2457089
Filly, please.

2457129
I don't blame you if you dislike the climax; I really struggled to write it and I'm not that happy with it.

2457181
...It was beautiful? :rainbowhuh:

2457202
I'm still really unsure as to whether I'll write a sequel. I mean, I had great fun writing this, but pulling off a sequel would be so hard!

Glad to see you enjoyed it! :twilightsmile:

Yeah, I tend to read fanfics that are complete instead of in progress, so I have a tendency to...well, be very late to the party, hence the comment flood. But, I don't mind as it gives me something good to read for a few hours.

Whether you eventually make a sequel or not, you still have a damn fine story here and you should be proud. ^_^

Best Comedy Solid Snake Ever! Thank you DoctorSpectrum for this nice story.

Will there be a sequel?

Hope u get good ideas for a sequel

This story was in the words of Cambell :excellent. I absolutely enjoyed it. I give this story my David Crespo stamp of approval.

okay... I was thinking it could not be even more crazy and stupid the stupid, and then I read the epilogue... CONGRATULATIONS

Looks like someone's not taking his Chronic Backstabbing Disorder meds...

Luna you bloody traitor! :flutterrage::twilightangry2:

*Slow claps* That.. was awesome, and hilarious. I enjoyed every moment of it. You sir did a god job!

You seem to have an uncanny amount of Vinyl and Octavia fanfictions :ajsmug:

That left too little questions for a metal gear related ending. Literally unreadable.


Nah, I'm kidding. This was a fun ride.

✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅ Help
✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅This
✅✅⬛️⬛️⬛️✅✅⬛️⬛️⬛️✅✅Creeper
✅✅⬛️⬛️⬛️✅✅⬛️⬛️⬛️✅✅Explore
✅✅✅✅✅⬛️⬛️✅✅✅✅✅Fimfiction
✅✅✅⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️✅✅✅by
✅✅✅⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️✅✅✅Copy
✅✅✅⬛️⬛️✅✅⬛️⬛️✅✅✅And
✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅✅Pasting

I send this lil bud to the recommended story to the top right of this one to continue their journey

Login or register to comment