• Published 14th Nov 2012
  • 5,178 Views, 593 Comments

PonyFall: Mile High Apple Pie - Flint Easthoof



SHTF Applejack along with the rest of the mane 6 and then some end up on earth.

  • ...
15
 593
 5,178

It Ain't Food

April 18th, 2012

I remember the smell when I walked out of the McDonald’s into the Chicago air. It smelled like shit. Shit wrapped in smog, urine, body odor and god knows what else. A ghastly combination of odors that reinforced my hatred for the urban lifestyle. So, like any sane human being, I did whatever I could to rid my nostrils of the putrid stench by lighting up a Marlboro and leaning up against the wall.

It took a little while, but after a few minutes I managed to quell the rage that had built up inside of me through my ‘interaction’ with her bitchiness, Sarah. Something about her just made me want to punch a baby, yet at the same time, I wanted to take her home and bang her like a steel drum, and that notion bothered me to no end. Here I was trying to help a pony gone sapien on her journey home, and I was feeding a thought process based solely around sex.

So lost in my own head was I, that I hadn’t even noticed the shady character standing a little too close to my bike. So close, in fact, that he was rummaging around in my saddlebags like a racoon in suburbia. Knowing that he was likely some cracked out tweaker, I did what any ill-behaved redneck would, I reached up and felt around my jacket where I had stashed the 1911, and with grim determination, wrapped my hand around the business end and briskly walked up to him. He didn’t hear me walk up and pistol whip him in broad daylight.

I don’t know when he woke up, but I’m sure that coming back to consciousness soaked in another man’s piss with the contents of his wallet strewn about his person and his crack pipe shattered next to him would qualify for a very bad day. Either way, I walked away with an extra forty dollars, thanks to some idiot who thought it was a bright idea to pilfer somebody’s stuff.

“Welcome back,” Cody said dismissively as I walked up to the the booth and leaned against the wall.

I shrugged “Good to be back I s’pose.” I noticed that they hadn’t said much, so i decided to get them talking. “Ya’ll have fun while I was away?”

“Well, it weren’t no Pinkie Pie Party, but it was alright,” Applejack said with a small smile.

Cody seemed a tad off-put by AJ’s comment “Hey, it’s the thought that counts, right?”

“Yeah,” Dash decided to pipe up this time. “You’re right.”

So it wasn’t exactly a crazy hootananny, but I suppose it was more of a ‘glad to know you’re alive, let's just bask quietly in the good news’ type of deal. “I see... Well, I figure it’s high time we got ourselves a room for the night,” I mentioned as I pulled my wallet out and started counting how much money I had. “What do you guys think?”

“Can me an RD share a room?” Applejack asked with an expectant grin. I wasn’t exactly surprised by this notion, it just so happens that bronies have branded an idea into my head that I didn’t exactly want to know the truth about.

“I don’t see why not,” Cody supplied whimsically, God only knows what perverted thoughts just ran a trail of wildfire through his tiny noggin. “What do you think, RD?”

“What do you think? Of course it’s alright!” the former pegasus practically shouted. Notions be damned... I suppressed a laugh as a thought of two scantily clad, former ponies bounced around a hotel room performing an assortment of things ranging from a G to an R rating.

“Well as long as you two aren’t having crazy cowboy buttsex,” I replied with a smirk. “It’ll be alright. “ I looked over at Cody as he sat wolfing down some french fries. “Guess that means me an’ Cody’ll share a room an’ Sarah can sleep in the dumpster outside.” She needed to know who was the boss around here after all.

“Screw that. I’m renting a room of my own where you guys aren’t invited.” She said it in such a way that, if I gave half a damn, I might have gotten a little choked up. “With the exception of RD and AJ, of course.”

“Yeah, have fun with that.” I waved her off and looked to Rainbow, who seemed preoccupied with notions of hanging out with one of her best friends for a whole night. “So Dash, you wanna ride with me on the way there? I bet you’d like it.”

“Sure, I guess.” Dash shrugged. “Why do you ask?”

“I reckon it’s the closest you’re gonna get to flying while you’re here.” Truth be told, it really is when you don’t have wings. You’ve got the wind in your face and you just float across the ground nice and smooth. It’s like flying, just... Not.

Dash looked at me as if I’d shot her dog. “Are you serious!?”

“As a heart attack.” I nudged Applejack with a smug grin. “Tell ‘er AJ.”

Applejack sat quietly for a second. I suppose she was doing her best to compare riding to something she’d never truly done before. “Ah don’t rightfully know, havin’ never flown before. But I figure he’s just about right.” She shrugged and went back to picking at her food. Something definitely seemed off about her. There was no way of knowing what exactly was going on, but I didn’t think she would be this quiet and antisocial, especially around her best friend.

“There ya go.” I pulled myself away from the wall and started stretching my arms. “So whenever y’all are ready, we can head out.”

“Alright, but first let the girls finish their meals,” I heard Cody say as I cracked my neck. “I know Rainbow Dash hasn’t eaten since we got here except for the snacks we packed, and that’s because Sarah drove non-stop to reach Chicago.”

You poor bastard’ my mind cried in sincere sorrow for the boy. But given his answer, I had to respond as per my demeanor toward the person in question. “Well...” I couldn’t help it. Cody had set me up and I had to go with it. “That’s why you shouldn’t let women drive.” I finished with a laugh that ended in a series of coughs.

Sarah made an attempt to kick my leg, but I managed to shuffle out of the way. “I blame the traffic. Now shut up and sit down like us normal people before you start attracting attention.”

“Well, I happen to like attention.” I tried to ignore the fact that some girl was just trying to order me around. But it wasn’t easy, so I opted for an alternative. “In any case, I’ll be outside waiting for ya’ll.”

“So you’re not going to eat?” Cody asked as I turned on my heel to start walking back outside.

“You must be blind,” I quipped as I turned back around and motioned to where I had sat earlier. “Cause I already ate.”

“You sure? I can see food where you sat and I know for a fact that an awesome pony like myself can see perfectly clear.”

‘Don’t let that notion get to your head,’ My mind sang “Lettuce ain’t food...” Argue with me all you want. That stuff is for rabbits and people who are too scared to grow a pair. Besides, I like my beef still mooing at me when I go to eat it.

Rainbow looked dumbfounded. Truth hurts, I know. “What?! It is too! We wouldn’t be eating it if it wasn’t food, genius.”

“Do I look like a rabbit to you? I eat food, not plants.” I will not be subjected to the horror that is healthy food mixed with fatty, sub-par fast food ‘cuisine’. It’s as simple as that. However, if you throw biscuits into the equation, especially the flaky kind or the ones you get from Red Lobster, the only thing you’ll get from me is the constant sound of chewing and moans of ecstasy that bordered bedroom noises.

“Oh, so you think we’re just animals to you? Huh?” Rainbow made a show of standing up and slapping her hands down on the table for emphasis. It spoke volumes of her tendency for hot-headedness, not that it bothered me all that much.

‘Way to take things out of context Dash.’ I was beginning to wonder whether or not light hearted banter and joking was, in fact, not a universal language. “If you wanna be an animal, that’s your prerogative. I just happen to know what tastes good an’ what don’t.”

“Peroga- What?” Something was telling me that Dash, no matter how much she liked Daring Do, had yet to pick up a dictionary, and it seemed that speakin’ fancy, as Applejack would say, was a surefire way of getting her off track and confused. “Speak Equestrian please.”

I waved my hand around to try and come up with an easy way to define ‘prerogative’, “It’s a fancy word for ‘your deal’.” For once in my life, I actually felt relatively smart. “An’ I ain’t speakin’ Equestrian, I’m speakin’ ‘Murican.”

Without missing a beat, Rainbow Dash shot back. “Equestrian... ‘Merican or whatever. Same difference.” She finished with a violent bite of her salad.

“Anyway, like I said.” I motioned toward the exit. “Outside. Waiting. Ya’ll have fun in here.”

“Why you...” I didn’t really think of it before, but Dash gets cute when she frowns. I just figured I should point that out, what with the way her cheeks get flushed and she sticks her bottom lip out a bit. “Fine, have fun doing your boring stuff. I’ll be eating this salad you call ‘plants and not food’.” Her tone made it clear that she was not quite done discussing her leafy greens, much to my chagrin.

“Well don’t let fear and common sense hold you back,” I said with a wave as I turned tail to walk out the door. I stopped at the door and gave Dash one last look before I called in my trump card. “Also, you got a fly on your salad,” I said with extra emphasis on ‘salad’ simply to irk her.

I could still hear her as I walked through the entryway. “A fly? Hey, get out of here! This is my food!” I could only imagine she started swatting wildly at the pesky infectious insect with a newfound fervor.

As the rest of our little crew stumbled out the door, I started the bike and motioned for Dash to hop on. I could tell she was hesitant just from the roar of the engine, but after Applejack gave her a reassuring nod, she climbed on with me.

“Two things!” She shouted over the deep rumble being emitted by 1500 cc’s of American Steel. “First, how the hay can you be around this thing? It’s so loud! And second, salad is so food!”

“One,” I said back “I like ‘em loud. Two, no.” I decided to reject her chance at a rebuttal and popped into first then scooted off down the road in search of a good hotel for the night.

Thirty minutes, one extremely secure parking space and one slightly pissed off hillbilly later, I managed to find a nice hotel that didn’t cost an arm and a leg. I had decided that, given our location, it would be a good idea to pay the security personnel to watch the Hog like hawks throughout the night. I pulled out my phone and sent the address to Cody who, I assumed, would relay the information to Queen Bitch. Then I paid for two rooms, one for Cody and I, the other for Applejack and Dash. I also made sure that AJ’s bag was stashed in her room with RD, and all my gear was with me.

Figuring it’d be awhile till Cody found the room, I turned on the T.V. and navigated through the available channels out of curiosity. Then I found it, the Pay Per View section. I saw a title that struck my fancy and clicked ‘buy’. Who knew that a cooking show could be so hot and steamy?

Author's Note:

So I know it's short and all, but there's reasons for this. I need to keep things kinda tight until Silverness can get caught up. THEN, and only then, will the two of us be able to put our heads together and get things settled and figured out right ricky tick. So yeah, hope you enjoyed.

Comments ( 71 )

It's a new chapter. Of course I enjoyed.

Also didn't require much editing, so that's a plus.:twilightsmile:

2863616 That's because I get people to go through it beforehand and edit. Simply because I know it gives you headaches.

inb5 thumbed down because of the first word in the title.

2863624 Durr hurr Poneh F'all? Durr hurr down vetod!

2863629 Exactly, although it was nine down votes 5 minutes ago, it's now 10, so when buckwheat comes around it'll be 11. Makes me sad...

2863642 I'd love to see how many are legit and actually get some real feedback. You know, so the overall story can improve.

But hey! Poneh Flal, durr hurr!

2863646 Indeed, but that'll likely never happen, so meh. In any case, I noticed something rather funny. I've got 440 favorites on this and only 255 upvotes. :rainbowwild:

2863651 You know what that means...

215 people are just waiting for you to screw up. :coolphoto:

2863659 Yeah... Probably. lol

2863629 Odd, that seems to be exactly the same impression I got of that guy's ability to think...

Are you going to write a chapter where AJ and RD discuss about the episodes and how the events really happened in Equestria (something similar to the Crusader´s version of Ponyville Confidential)?

2863759 I dunno, but that's a good idea. I'll definitely look into it!

2863717
MY PIE!!!!!!!!!
WHOEVER KILLED MY BEATIFUL PIE WILL PAY DEARLY!

I note you didn't order a room for queen Bitch. I see what you did.

2864194 I ain't gonna pay no money that would allow it to lay eggs!

2863629 Is there a particular reason that people downvote this series without producing constructive criticism?

I mean, I enjoy the fanfic. It's an interesting concept, ambitious in scope (with regards to the amount of writers involved), and the plot goes from kinda funny (dealing with social norms and whatever) to depressing (I use the ponies in Australia as a reference, also Luna) to intense (epic escapes from America). What more do you want?

Also, salad could be food...if it has meat in it...

Red Lobster's biscuits... droool

Also, I realized that I hadn't yet up voted.

2864507 When the idea of PonyFall began, there were basically no rules and people were being given ponies left and right. We had 34 writers at one point.

With so many writers, there were bound to be quality problems. Unfortunately those weren't the only issues. Many of the stories got sexual very quickly and PonyFall looked like a bunch of wish-fulfillment crap. Most of the people down voting without reading are probably doing so based on the very old stories which haven't been a part of PonyFall for over a year now.

I eventually stepped in and spoke with the series creator and he agreed to let me perform damage control and right the sinking ship. We cut the writers down to 8, and I personally have a look at every chapter before it gets posted. I think these guys work hard and have come a long way, and don't deserve baseless down votes anymore.

2864507 Oh I know, I actually enjoy the occasional salad from time to time. I just figured I'd throw in the 'manly men only eat meat' trope. As far as pointless downvoting goes, I think it's from a bunch of butthurt neckbeards who couldn't get their jolly sausage pump goin' from either:
A.) Copious cloppy crap.
B.) They're jealous that their Twixie & Chrysalis rule 63 menage-a-trois clopfic didn't get more than thirty followers with a healthy dose of semen to follow.

But, that's just my opinion. Remember to take that preliminary grain of salt with how I speak.

2864546 Iknorite?! And it's about time you did... I was on the verge of tears. :rainbowkiss:

2864567 Ah yes, the good ol' days where anybody could write a PonyFall and not give half a rat's ass about what anybody said. I remember the one I had going before my 'recruitment'. I was even blessed with a Canterlot Landfill review. :rainbowwild:

2864718 Luckily for you I enjoy salt, and I think you're probably right in some regard. There's an awful lot of clop out there.

Also, I've never been to Red Lobster.

2864567 Ah, wish-fulfillment. The bane of many writers.

And I feel like the 34 authors thing has a internet-rule joke in there somewhere.

You're doing a great job of keeping the quality up, man.

2864851 Indeed. As far as Red Lobster biscuits go... YOU SHELTERED FUCK! Get your ass down yonder to one of them there establishments of red colored crustaceans or so help me god I will hunt you down and shove biscuits down your throat until you speak nothing but buttery goodness and biscuit chunks!

2863717 I broke EVERYTHING, and I'm NOT SORRY

All I did was read the chapter, honest!

2865106 Thou dost tread where he ought not! Prepareth thy anus!

2865176 I WILL TOUCH YOU IN YOUR BATHING SUIT AREA
I'm pretty sure this is public territory

2865333 Taking a break... Psh. Am I that bad? lol

Well, I'm not one of the downvoters, but I will say this: This is the only Ponyfall fic I've read where every word the protagonist says makes me want to put it back down his throat with a side order of teeth.

Just puttin' that out there. :pinkiehappy:

2866938 Good. That's the intention. :rainbowwild:

2864507
Pointless downvoting is just pointless downvoting, and nothing to do with the story. All the best stories always pick up a random amount of downvotes for seemingly no reason at all. Just as a general rule of thumb (from personal observation) if you have downvotes of between 5 to 10 percent of total votes (so in this case 10 -20 downvotes roughly), there's absolutely nothing to worry about, and nothing to do with you.

Haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate, right?

“In any case, I’ll be outside waiting for ya’ll.”

“Ya’ll have fun while I was away?”

Ya’ll have fun in here.”

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't y'all the correct spelling?

Mr. Garrett is quite the ladies' man. Though I suspect that unless they were to tell him otherwise, he wouldn't touch either AJ or RD inappropriately. Sarah on the other hand, I think by the end of this glorious adventure will end up with him. RD and AJ I doubt really feel any attraction to them since they aren't ponies; though they may wish they were at some point, once they get to know them. Like how the character himself sees clop only in the reverse.(They fall for the person not his looks)

I wonder what AJ and RD are actually going to do while in their room, I feel it would be quite contrary to the horny minds that peruse this site. Probably compare what has happened.

I love how cocksure you are. All that ego, and a strange magnetism towards hooligans and drug heads makes for a interesting road trip.

“One,” I said back “I like ‘em loud.

Huehuehuehue. :heart:

2869187 I honestly don't know. Autocorrect programs never pick it up...

2872184 If your predictions become reality, what does that mean for the future of mankind?!

2873486 Iknorite? :duck:

2874223 So many hue

2875015 I'm not entirely sure? :twilightoops:

Seeing as Big Mac had an alternate self already in this universe, that would mean all of them do. They could always attempt to get AJ & RD's way to Australia if need be, by taking their alternate self's stuff.

For example, RD's this universe self could be married to some NHL player and he happens to be playing in Chicago in the playoffs. They could have RD pretend to be her in order to get in then have a couple of them pretend to be the press and find + interview her while the other jots down her information behind her back. Additionally if they took her credit card, they may not notice seeing as they'd be multi-millionaires and tend to already buy strange things.

Then they'd have to hunt down where AJ's other self lives. In that case once they find her, all they'd have to do is have AJ walk up to her house Men in Black style and bring AJ along for some hilarity.

2875861 Dude... What? lol I think you've been watching Equestria Girls a tad too much?

2876372 lol, well you did hint at the alternate universe's AJ during that whole Big Mac sound-alike scene at the Kansas diner.

2876527 lol twas all but a big coincidence. :P

2863651
Just noticed I haven't given this story a thumbs up yet, oh well fixed that problem now. What can I say, I pressed the big star so I could track the story, and completly forgot to up vote it as well

2880461 It seems my tactic has worked! muahahahahaaaaa

Right on man! I was scared you weren't going to continue this gem :p
Speaking if hiatus; my story is still being written! I just need internet that works c: Thanks again for the help editing, mate!

However, if you throw biscuits into the equation, especially the flaky kind or the ones you get from Red Lobster, the only thing you’ll get from me is the constant sound of chewing and moans of ecstasy that bordered bedroom noises.

This guy knows what's up. :pinkiehappy:

2888463 Biscuits are my crack... :twilightsheepish:

Why aren't the Ponyfall writers updating anymore?:trixieshiftright:

Login or register to comment