• Published 14th Nov 2012
  • 5,173 Views, 593 Comments

PonyFall: Mile High Apple Pie - Flint Easthoof



SHTF Applejack along with the rest of the mane 6 and then some end up on earth.

  • ...
14
 593
 5,173

East Bound and Down

April 17th, 2012

After getting shot in the ear and a night full of arguing over rodeo with Applejack, I had gone to bed without even trying to take my clothes off. I was far too tired to care, that and the next day I had some things to take care of. Starting with a phone call.

It was probably around nine in the morning when I awoke. I could tell right away that today was gonna be pretty good. Simply because I could hear out of my left ear again. Thus, my first order of business came into play. Call whatshisbucket about taking Applejack to Indiana.

I picked up my phone and tapped the ‘contacts’ icon and scrolled down until I came upon ‘Punkass’. Tapping the icon next to the name, I brought the phone up to my ear and listened to the plethora of tones emanating from the tiny speaker.

“Um, hello? Who is this?” The voice came a few seconds into the dreaded standard issue ringtone.

“You know damn well who it is,” I challenged.

“No, not really.”

“The funny lookin’ redneck takin’ care of Applejack you retard.” How could he not know? Seriously. “Can’t you tell by the accent?”

“We didn’t even voice talk. It was an IRC! How the hell am I supposed to know?

“Y’ever given your phone number to another hick?” Sometimes, I feel like I’d make a wonderful lawyer. I made my way toward the bathroom and lifted the lid of the toilet. using one hand I undid my fly and in a sense commenced to bleed the sea monster while still talking on the phone.

“Good point, but still you could be a little friendly instead of being like an asshole.”

I didn’t really have a whole lot of time to mess with his head, so I cut to the chase. “What can I say? I’m an equal opportunity asshole. Anyway, where you gonna be in say... A few days?”

“Chicago I think, having a school trip over there or something. Why?”

My mind went blank for a second and I paused. Then it came to me, Sliverbutt said he lived in Indiana, Chicago isn’t in Indiana. “Dash gonna be with ya?”

*ZZZIP*

“Of course, I have to take care of her. Will Applejack be with you?”

“Yep, so I’m gonna start heading up to Chicago somethin’ ricky tick,” I said. “Figure it’d be good for Dash an AJ to see each other.”

“Sounds like a great idea. I’m sure Dash would like that.”

“Cool, well I’ll let AJ know an start heading up there. Got any idea where ya’ll are gonna be when it comes to Chicager?” Yes, I pronounce it ‘chi-ca-ger’ at times just to mess with people.

“Not sure, I’ll tell my friend to take me to a restaurant or some place over there.”

“Alright cool, I’ll call you again when I hit Chicago.” I got ready to hang up the phone when I realized something, I didn’t know his actual name. “By the way, what’s your name?

“Cody,” He replied quickly.

“Right on, well my name’s Garrett so yeah... Anyway, later mate, have a good’n.”

“Yup, you too.”

I ended the call and tossed the phone onto my bed. After giving my shirt a quick sniff, I decided that since I had only worn it since I got back home and pulled it out of the dresser, it was clean enough. “Why do I smell so good?” I wondered aloud briefly. I soon shrugged it off and went upstairs to find Applejack.

Just like the past few nights, she was cuddled up with Dozer on the bed, completely passed out with a small puddle of saliva next to her mouth.

“YO APPLEJACK!” I shouted as loud as I could. Thankfully, this was more than enough to wake the sleeping beauty and send her flailing to the floor with a soft thud. “You alright?” I laughed as I strode over and helped her up.

“What in the hay was that fer? Ah was dreamin’ ya know.” She stomped her foot in frustration in such a way that it was actually more cute than menacing.

“You were also drooling like Dozer. Anyway, get yer shit together. We’re leaving.”

“What? Why? Where to?”

“Chicago, Illinois. We’re gonna go see Rainbow Dash.”

~

“So yeah, if you can take care of Dozer for a while it’ll be greatly appreciated.”

“Yeah, I can do that, it’s been awhile since I’ve seen him anyway.”

“Thanks a bunch. I’ll catch you later.”

“Bye!”

I hung up the phone and set it on the receiver and looked at Applejack.

“You ready?”

“Yup. got everythin’ Ah need right here.” Applejack hoisted one of my old backpacks with a smile.

“Good.” I looked down at Dozer, who was quietly watching us. I crouched down and put my hand on his head. “You be a good boy alright?” No response, not that I expected one. I scratched him behind the ear for a bit and opened the sliding glass door for when he needed to do his business.

“Ah’m gonna miss ya Dozie!” AJ bent over and pulled his hulking body into a tight hug. She’d gotten really attached to him in an extremely short period of time. Not that it surprised me, he was an amazing and very friendly dog.

Walking around the two, I pulled the cargo bag that I had packed with a bunch of supplies we would need, along with some spare clothes, and brought it into the garage. I fixed it onto the sissy bar luggage rack and made sure everything was strapped on tight.

Reaching into my back pocket, I checked how much Copenhagen I had left, then I pulled out my wallet and made sure all the money I had withdrawn from the bank and borrowed from my neighbors was still there. One thousand three hundred forty dollars in cash, most of which came from my savings account.

With everything squared away, I called Applejack to and opened the garage door, then sat on the motorcycle and started walking it out to the end of the driveway. As she came out with the bag on her back, I motioned her over to me.

“You ready?”

“Yup!” she replied in a chipper fashion.

“Cool, wait here for a second.” I got off the bike and walked up the driveway and pressed the button, allowing the door to come screeching down.

Once I got back to the bike, I sat down on it and watched AJ as she got on behind me. I started the bike, popped it into gear and began our exciting journey to Chicago.

~

I hate Kansas, I really do. People think Nebraska is a boring drive, but Kansas is even worse. There is literally nothing in this god-forsaken land except cows, wheat fields and power lines. And our trip would involve one and a quarter days going through it purely because of the helmet law in Nebraska.

We had stopped a few times the first day to refill the gas tank and let the engine cool down in the spring heat of Kansas, and happened upon a small Diner just off I-70. As it turns out, not only did we find a nice place to eat, but we also met a rather unique and unpredictable person. A man so odd and intriguing, yet somehow vaguely familiar, that not once did I think we would come upon him in our little journey to the Midwest.