• Published 19th Dec 2018
  • 1,107 Views, 120 Comments

Drabble Kaboom! - Alex Warlorn



A collection of drabbles that were written on request, too short for full stories, a final farewell.

  • ...
7
 120
 1,107

PreviousChapters Next
Request: Rarity dragon conquers Equestria

Brutality Inc Requested a drabble where Rarity became a Five Headed Dragon and Conquered Equestria




Spike flew among the streets of Canterlot, or what had been Canterlot. Now instead of the center of Equestria's art and culture, hordes of juvenile and teenage dragons, who before had been ponies, zebra, hippogriffs, and other hooved creatures, tore through their own homes and businesses, raiding others, building their own hordes, growing bigger while the weaker stayed small. The flames had swept through Canterlot, through Cloudsdale, through Ponyville, though Hoofington, though Manehatten. Equestria couldn't hope to support such a large population of dragons. As much as Spike no longer took shame in being a dragon, even he had to admit that his species was high matenience compared to smaller creatures.


But it didn't matter, the flames of conflict would weed out the chaff, leaving only the most powerful to lord over what was left.


Ironically, Dragon Town of Fillydelphia had remained a small pocket to resist the flames, Mina and her fellow 'exiles' pushing back against the brutal social darwinism they'd abandoned the Dragon Lands in the first place for.


Spike flew to where the central keep of Canterlot had been. The city was deceptively bigger from what you saw from Ponyville. The castle top roof had been torn asunder. Using it as a perch was a dragoness the size of a mountain herself, with five heads of different colors, and adorned in countless jewels that made her sparkle like the night sky.


"Oh Spike! How wonderful of you to finally come to me. Are you ready to become my King as you were always destined to be?"


"Rarity, if you're still in there, please, you have to stop this."


"Oh silly Spiky-Wikey, of course I'm in still here. And so are the incarnations of me who lived as Orchard Blossom (formally Big Mac thanks to a little forbidden magic), Coloratura, Tree Hugger, and Blue Nile, though you never met me there, since she due to an accident of fate, I was born in Ponygypt and immigrated to Manehatten. White, Red, Black, Green, and Blue. But collectively, you can call me by my real name Spiky dear, Queen Tiamat."


"... " Spike shuddered. "Then how about you let the others speak?"


"I am speaking Spike. We're who we've always been, myself, I'm who I've always been. This isn't some possession or brainwashing. I've simply remembered myself. All five of me have remembered myself. None of us are gone, I simply realized that the other four were me all along five times over."


"So... you were all a five headed dragon in your former lives? And... some magic made you all become that again?"


"Oh nothing so random as that dear. Eons ago, when I saw dragons in-fighting would forever distract them from the rise of Ponykind, I realized the only way I could hope to conquer Equestria was from the inside. So I gave up my divine form, and through five mortal ponies I'd reincarnate into five ponies. I certainly never expected one of me to reincarnate as a stallion, let alone that my self White would become the strongest willed. I suppose I have you to thank for that Spikey-Wikey."


"You were always strong-willed and driven by yourself Rarity, that's part of what I admired about you," Spike said simply.


"Thank you dear. And since I know you always worry about others, don't, Sugar Belle is a happy little jewel in my collection. I still love her as much I love you. But I appreciate that she'll serve better as one of my consorts than a true King like you to rule at my side. No need to burden her with such things."


"So... I'm going to share you with other ponies then?"


"Oh my sweat silly Spike no, and you won't be sharing me with other DRAGONS. They'll be merely to physically please me and provide me additional clutches. There are five of me after all. It would be selfish and wrong for me to expect you to satisfy all five of me. It'll be awkward for Applejack, being now her big sister and her foalhood friend... but that's the trouble with reincarnation we suppose. But my flames have already upgraded all of Equestria to my loyal subjects and beloved children. I hope Discord is not too petty at me upgrading Fluttershy, I know how she feared our kind Spike, but I've fixed that now that she's joined us. I have fought him to a stand-still before. There's a reason the Dragon Lands were never under his claws."


Spike felt faint. "You... fought DISCORD... the guy who can rewrite reality with a gesture, Mr. 'I can do anything!', one on one... to a DRAW?!"


All five head grinned down at him, showing their fangs the size of trees. "Did it just sink in sweetie? I know change is scary, and big changes like this all at once are even scarier. I won't ask you not to be scared Spikey Wikey. I'll just ask you to be understanding. Whatever future Equestria was on, it just ended. Now it'll be the future dragonkind writes. Deviants like Mina and her ilk will be tolerated as long as they don't challenge my rule. And there will be some collateral damage as a new pecking order is established among my children, but no conquest has ever been neat and tidy."


"But won't the griffins, Thorax, the Yaks, and the Hipoogriffs, be upset at what you've done to the rest of the student six?"


"We don't see them complaining," Tiamat red head let out a puff of blue flames forming a circle creating an image.


"Yona understand now! Dragon's true perfection!"


"I don't need to change shape anything, this is the only shape I need!"

"Leave nature by itself? HAH! That's dumb. Nature needs to be conquered!"


"Hey Smolder, we still on for tonight?" One blue dragon asked.


"Uh... this is super cool and everything, but also super weird." Smolder said awkwardly. Gallus hugged and nuzzled. "But not bad."


The portal closed.


"See?" Said the five heads.


"What happens when their families and kingdoms are angry at what you did?"


"More territory for me. I know I know, we can't be everywhere at once. It's why Discord didn't conquer the whole planet. And my babies are known for fighting each other, not together. But there's more to me than sheer brute force. Come my children."


Several teenage white dragons who had been royal guards marched in lock-step in formation to their queen, a white glow in their eyes. They stood at attention. Spike's jaw fell and his eyes widened as they grew into full sized full dragons on the spot, having to take to the air to not crush everything, flying on a formation that cast a shadow over everything.


"I have the power to bring order and direction to my children when needed. I don't do this for petty amusement. Just so you understand dear that we have nothing to fear. I can keep dragons at a manageable size until their true might is needed. And with this much more magic, crystals will grow stronger than ever. Rock farms are about to be a booming business."


"... Rarity, can I have one request? Can you make an elder dragon? I mean, big and powerful as Torch?"


"if that is what my dearest wants..." Tiamat breathed all five of her heads on Spike, who grew gigantic in seconds, growing as big as she was, but longer, thinning, his wings remaining relatively small, more like fans along his body, and a pair of whiskers grew from his muzzle. He rose up without any need for his wings to look her in the eyes.


"BAHAMUT?!" Tiamat gasped.


The giant purple dragon sighed. "It was a gamble, but I thought I'd be able to incarnate near one of yours... though I knew I wouldn't be able to assume my full power in time, without your help Rarity. And I think you're so drunk on remembering your true power, you've forgotten part of what made Equestria desirable. NO expansionism or social darwinism for you."


"... This isn't fair, you know we can't fight you Spike!"


"That was the plan, though I now hate myself for such a scheme, my own memories only returning to full consciousness now. This scheme was cruel to your feelings... and I was awful for planning it. But you can't destroy all that makes Equestria -Equestria- in order to add it to your horde."


"You know there is no undo button for my dragonization flames, and they'll break into a violent panic if my presence leaves their minds right now."


"I knew that already. But I couldn't stand by and let the kingdom I love be reduced to rubble by the one I love because she couldn't see her children would burn it down by the time they'd settled."


"... Fine." Tiamat sent out the telepathic command, and the dragons stopped robbing and brutalizing each other, wandering off to resume a semblance of their former lives. "So I take you don't want to be my king then?"


Behamut leaned close. "I never said that."

PreviousChapters Next