• Published 19th Dec 2018
  • 1,107 Views, 120 Comments

Drabble Kaboom! - Alex Warlorn



A collection of drabbles that were written on request, too short for full stories, a final farewell.

  • ...
7
 120
 1,107

PreviousChapters Next
Patch meets the 'Last Unicorn' (gift to Godzillawolf) (Pony Tales)

Patch and one of her friends run into The Unicorn/Amalthea but only Patch can see her for what she really is.

"Thanks for coming Patch!" Bright Eyes cheered.

"Yeah yeah, I came because at least a prince who fought a dragon sounds cool."

"Patch there's no such thing as dragons."

"And no such thing as ghosts or flying ponies either."

"Exactly!" Bright Eyes nodded.

Patch sighed.

"Hello dears, welcome to the Always Spring nature reserve and memorial to Prince Lyre. I'll be your guide Amalthea."

"Wha..." Patch stared. "You're a a unicorn?!"

"Patch don't be weird."

"You can't tell me that's a costume!"

"What costume?"

"Oh come on! Can't you see her horn?!"

"What horn?"

Amalthea's eyes widened. "Yes, I am a unicorn, but no one has been able the see the real me in centuries. Most people mentally block themselves from comprehending what they see and just see a normal pony."

"It's alright miss, you don't need to play along with Patch's games."

"It's not a game!" Patch snapped.

"It most certainly is not... " Smiled the unicorn. "Since you can see me, care to hear some first person accounts of Prince Lyre?"

"You know Prince Lyre?! Cool! Did he really slay a dragon?!"

"Yes... and all it took was one look from me for to feel sorry for it."

"Sorry for slaying a dragon?"

"That's what he said."

Bright Eyes raised a hoof. "Uh, miss, I came here for REAL facts, not fairytales."

"Simply because tales were told by fairies doesn't mean they are fictional."

"Fairies are fictional!"

"And the Green-Wing was supposed to be extinct, and yet you found a flock of them anyway and saved them from extinction."

Bright Eyes blushed. "Oh! You heard about that, thanks!"

"My pleasure, now as I was saying about Lyre-"

Bright Eyes stopped herself from rolling her eyes at the strange game the guide and Patch were playing together... did Patch set this up ahead of time? Or was she just humoring Patch? Maybe if she ignored the dragon slaying part she'd pick up on real fact after all, so Bright Eyes choose to listen along with Patch.

PreviousChapters Next