• Published 19th Dec 2018
  • 1,107 Views, 120 Comments

Drabble Kaboom! - Alex Warlorn



A collection of drabbles that were written on request, too short for full stories, a final farewell.

  • ...
7
 120
 1,107

PreviousChapters Next
GM Starlight outwits meta Rainbow Dash

Starlight Glimmer sat behind the Oubliette Screen this time. The mane six adventuring.


Rainbow Dash thanks to mix-maxing had put together a beefy half-ogre barbarian super character. Said barbarian had smashed through the doors, locks and traps that Fluttershy's rogue could have handled. Pounded the information out of the NPCs that Rarity's bard could have charmed. Crushed the wild beasts that AJ's ranger could have tamed or snipered. As for Twilight's wizard and Pinkie Pie's sorceress (in their character rivalry actually fun), Rainbow barbarian in universe was 'nice' to them for being able to do pretty firework as the 'real warriors' get the job done.


Rainbow Dash wasn't stupid, she knew Starlight was planning some comeuppance.


First Starlight had the heroes encounter a slew of mushroom men whose spore could cause hallucinations. Then finding out the were enslaved as part of a witch-weed ring by a band of orcs in the Old Abandoned Fortress (build by the Abandoneds centuries ago by Old Abandoned The First).


The heroes had entered the fortress, taken care of the token resistance at the front gate, and entered the dark hallway. Rainbow Dash's character went first on the plush red carpet. And she stepped on a pressure plate with a glowing symbol. And a dart hit her character right between the eyes.


Starlight said with a straight face, "Rainbow Dash, you turn around to see a blue carpeted hallway, and five towering half-dragon orcs, armed to the teeth, growling angrily at you.


Rainbow Dash laughed. "Oh no. Whatever shall I do? Well. I guess I have no way to win. So I drop my weapons and give them a big hug." Rainbow just grinned.


Seabright said calmly, "You find your arms aren't as strong as they were before as the poison of weakness takes effect. The half-dragon Orcs chop you to pieces. Girls, you wonder where the barbarian went after she stepped on the teleportation trap she so helpfully set off for you."


"WHAT?! YOU! BUT! BUT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A HALLUCINATION!"


"I never said it was anything of the sort Rainbow Dash."


"KILLER OVERSEER!"


"I told you the hallway's carpet was red, and then I told you it was blue. And you stepped on a glowing symbol. I thought the hint was obvious."


"Come on girls! You gotta retrieve my body! We're teammates!"


"Well Rainbow, in universe all we know is that you stepped on that rune and vanished, it could have vaporized you for all we know," Rarity said, "Best not to risk it."


Fluttershy said, "My rogue is chaotic evil, she'd never blindly risk herself for someone whose done nothing but insult her."


"Pinkie Pie and Twilight's characters would know what it is!"


Pinkie Pie said, "I'm sorceress, we do magic as an art, not as a science. And if Rarity thinks it vaporized you, I'll hold a funeral party for you in town."


Twilight said, "We don't have time to examine and figure the nuances of the rune in the middle of enemy territory, sorry Rainbow."


"My true neutral ranger wouldn't wanna rock the boat, so she'd go with the majority vote," AJ said calmly.


A bit later, the heroes rescued a generic human fighter, who had taken a blood oath to slay all half-dragon orcs.


Rainbow Dash wasn't stupid, she'd known Starlight was planning some comeuppance. But Starlight knew that Rainbow Dash knew!

PreviousChapters Next