• Published 19th Dec 2018
  • 1,106 Views, 120 Comments

Drabble Kaboom! - Alex Warlorn



A collection of drabbles that were written on request, too short for full stories, a final farewell.

  • ...
7
 120
 1,106

PreviousChapters Next
Dashie and the 'Kitty' (birthday gift to Gdilzillawolf1)

Junior Speedsters Camp had come and gone... maybe faster for Dash than others... but that was fine, Rainbow Dash already knew everything she knew about flying, she'd done the Sonic Rainboom after all, that everypony said before was impossible! And she'd gotten her cutie mark, on the same day as one of her two best friends. The only real problem was not seeing Gilda again, but hey, it wasn't like she wasn't gonna see her again for years or something. Just like the Sonic Rainboom that she'd pull off again in no time she was sure.

But right now, she had to deal with visiting this strange alien world called the ground. One that Fluttershy seemed to be completely brainwashed into loving. Seriously, Dashie had seen how scared Fluttershy was around, well, everything, and yet she acted patient and fearless around these weird nasty creatures? Dashie still didn't understand her sometimes. And she was reading BOOKS about them, BOOKS, reading was for eggheads!

Well, if FLUTTERSHY could be fearless around all these weird beasties, why should Rainbow Dash be scared of any of them?

What was this one? Let's see. It was furry. It had four legs. Little claws. Tiny sharp teeth. A furry tail. A little round nose. Beady eyes. A mouse? No, those were much smaller and didn't have fur on their tails. A dog? No those had floppy ears... sometimes, Dashie didn't understand how things that looked so different could all be considered the same species. A raccoon? No, those had stripped tails. Badger? Weasel? Oh wait, of course, it was a cat! How were you supposed to approach these things again? Oh, right.

"Here kitty kitty, check out the great and awesome Rainbow Dash!" Dashie flew in close in the animal's face.

"Rainbow!" Fluttershy squeaked. "Wait, stop!"

"Don't worry Fluttershy, I'm not scared of some old cat!" Dashie said proudly with a smile. Dashie began coarsely petting the animal's fur, right now it's white and black striped tail, that it was now sticking straight up as it pawed the ground and hissed. "Hey! What's with the look there ya dumb cat? Don't you turn your back on the Dash!"

"Rainbow! That isn't a cat!"

Dashie looked dumbly at her. "It isn't?" And she looked back at the animal and leaned in closer. "Then what is it?"

Then a green cloud covered Rainbow Dash obscuring her completely.

"It's called a skunk! If it gets angry or frightened it uses a spray of stink to help it run away!"

"AGH! Can't see! Can't breath!" Little Rainbow Dash bumped and tripped like a clown doing pratfalls in the cloud of skunk spray, trying to use her wings or hooves to cover her nose in various comedic ways.

Fluttershy took a deep breath, dove in, and led Rainbow Dash out of the cloud.

Rainbow Blitz (having begged to be the one to look after the fillies that day), came zooming in leaving a rainbow trail behind him, taking the fillies with the nearest doctor's office. Where a tomato juice bath awaited Rainbow Dash (actually a myth to those who actually knew what they were doing... all it actually did was stain RD's blue coat purple).

---

"And that's the story of Rainbow Dash's first visit to the surface!" Fluttershy told Discord.

"Oh! Oh! Oh! I've got to use this later!"

"Dissy, remember what you promised," Fluttershy admonished.

"Yes yes, no using any information I gain from you to blackmail, prank, or otherwise torment your friends, I remember," Discord rolled his eyes, hiding a notebook behind his back.

---

"Hello everybody! I've chosen on this costume randomly for Nightmare Night! You always told me I was a stinker!" Trixie declared, she had no idea why Discord had paid her to choose a giant skunk for Nightmare Night, but Trixie needed the bits.

Rainbow Dash fainted with an oddly goat-like noise.

Gilda hadn't see what the big deal was, Griffins ate skunks, especially the ones with an owl front half.

"IT WASN'T A PRANK! IT WAS SHOCK THERAPY! I SWEAR!" Discord declared as Fluttershy gave him a tongue lashing putting two and two together.

Some Wonderbolt fans had tried to 'get back' at Trixie (unaware she'd been a patsy for Discord) and dress up as an Ursa Major... then Trixie needed Starlight's help to turn them back from talking teacups after Trixie's fear induced 'fight or flight' response.

Discord spent the next two weeks babysitting an age regressed RD as punishment and therapy to RD. Including playing with an animate plushie skunk from the sock puppet universe.

"Kitty!"

~ Fin

Author's Note:

"Filly Fluttershy tries to warn Rainbow not to scare a skunk, but she doesn't listen."

Birthday gift to Godzillawolf1.

PreviousChapters Next