• Published 30th Aug 2016
  • 388 Views, 22 Comments

STAR-BOUND (Complete.) - QueenMegumin



Sky Ranger, and a planet full of ponies. Will he come home? (Inspired by Starfall)

  • ...
8
 22
 388

The Return of Bubblegum and Cupcake

The Cortana started to shake from the shock wave. I dropped the microphone and quickly picked it up before the shock wave became more intense. "Sorry about that, this is Sky Ranger of the SR Cortana, does anyone here respond?" No response. "Hello?" Dammit! I might be the only one with comms. "PAS, are we set for the mountain?"

"Yes Sky Ranger."

"Well, i'm tired and i'm going to take a nap, wake me up once we arrive there." I said before walking towards my old bedroom.


The entire CAB shook, Bubblegum could see the giant star ship crash into the Everfree forest. "I think were having some system errors in the engine bay... I'll go check it." Bubblegum said trotting off.

"Okie dokie Bubblegum!" Cupcake said.


Keen woke up next to the Aurora. He quickly turned on his comms. "Hello! Is anyone there!" Keen shouted into the microphone, he was sick. He heard a explosion and thats what woke him up.

"Keen?" Someone said from the speaker.

"This is 2nd Officer Keen, who am i talking to right now?" Keen asked.

"This is Jay from the SR Aphelion." Jay said back.

"Well, what the hell happened here?" Keen replied.

"Well, the ship's dark matter core went off, exploded and-" The Aurora started to shake, it seemed to be slowly heading up into the clouds. "Keen, do you have a RAD suit?"

"The PRAWN Exo should be RAD resistant." Keen said.

"Get outta there now!" Jay shouted. Keen turned around to see the Aurora toppling above him. He knew there wasn't enough time to run.


Cupcake heard a groan from the Medical Bay, she poked her head in to see Bubblegum with a broken wing and a broken foot. "Bubblegum!" She said galloping over to her.

"Cupcake.. I'm fine, I planned for this." Bubblegum said.

"But..." a tear fell down Cupcake's cheek. Bubblegum pulled over a prosthetic wing and foot.

"Cupcake, I need you to leave the Medical Bay, Now." Bubblegum said in a commanding tone.

"I'll be waiting outside." Cupcake said, dropping another tear. Bubblegum did plan for this, as she brung the Medic-Bot on board. Bubblegum was sorta excited for this, imagine what she could do with a robotic wing and hoof! She told the bot to put her to sleep while he took off the broken limbs and replaced them. She completely forgot about the massive scar left on her face from the explosion.


30 Minutes before the Aurora Exploded.

"Cupcake! Help me put this on the CAB!" Bubblegum shouted.

"Bubblegum! Look out!" Cupcake screamed. I piece of the structure fell off and hit Bubblegum.

"GO WITHOUT ME CUPCAKE! Look after the CAB!" Bubblegum said.

"No way!" Cupcake said, using her magic, she lifted the scrap off of Bubblegum and helped her onto the ship.

"Get ready! This is gonna be a bumpy ride!" Bubblegum said, grabbing the helm. After a massive shake and a ton of metal scrap hitting the CAB, they managed to escape through the Pond and into the air.

"How does that even work Bubblegum?" Cupcake asked.

"That's a secret i'll keep to myself." She said.

The entire CAB shook, Bubblegum could see the giant star ship crash into the Everfree forest. "I think were having some system errors in the engine bay... I'll go check it." Bubblegum said trotting off.

"Okie dokie Bubblegum!" Cupcake said.


Bubblegum walked out from the Medical Bay, she looked perfectly fine. "Hey Cupcake." She said.

"Bubblegum! Your alright!" Cupcake said in glee.

"Well, With a bit of Pegasus power here and there, I could camouflage the robotic parts with my own skin." Bubblegum said, looking pleased.
"I think its time we go see Celestia." Bubblegum said, trotting off to the main deck. With Cupcake following shortly behind her.


Celestia was writing a note to Bubblegum and Cupcake's parents. It read Dear Mrs Kiss,Mr Kiss,Mrs Sprinkles and Mr Sprinkles. I want to inform you that currently Bubblegum and Cupcake are Missing in Action. I want to inform you that I will have my best guards find their bodys and bury them once this is over.
From, Princess Celesita.


"Keen?" I got a signal from Keen's PRAWN Exo, I was still wondering where he was, I had no signal from him since he left the Aurora.

"This is APS from the SR Aphelion, Im sorry to say-" Explosions from the microphone.

"APS?" I said, no response. "Aphelion? APS? Jay?" Nothing....

"Jay here, sorry, we saw a convoy and we saw Keen's PRAWN. Keen is KIA." Shit! We lost the only high rank from the Aurora that's left.

"I'm about to land. I just had a nice rest.. I'll see you there?" I said.

"Yeah." Jay said. I quickly took the manual landing controls and landed it at the plateau that was nearby the Co-Ordinates.

"Look. Just don't crash the Aphelion. She just got fixed. See you soon. Ranger out." I ended the comm link.

"Sky Ranger. Im detecting a massive structure nearby this mountain on the other side." PAS said.

"Open the Hatch, keep on full alert." I said, twisting the valve on the main door.

"Airlock is open." PAS said. I went in and left the Cortana. It was sort of peaceful. Nice view, there was a nice forest. Didn't really look that creepy or spooky.

"Ranger's Log 004. I'm currently in some sort of plateau. The Aurora has crashed and sent out Radiation. I-" I heard the sound of a propeller. They landed next to the Cortana, and two ponies walked off from it. I pointed my blaster at them.

"Wait! Dont shoot!" The winged one said.

"Give me a reason why." I said.

"Im Bubblegum, And this is Cupcake." the winged one pointed to the one with a horn.

"Hia!" Cupcake siad.

"Great. I know your names. Still not a reason not to shoot you." I said. Charging my blaster. "Wait a second. You were the ones who stole my Pulse Drive!" I shouted. Shooting a warning shot into the ground.

"Wait! We can help you get out of here! and fix your big ship!" Bubblegum said.

"Prove it." I said.