• Published 27th Jul 2016
  • 679 Views, 15 Comments

Truths of a prophecy - Cookiedash



Before the Princesses, the Chaos brought havoc on equestria, there was no harmony and the land was being destroyed. The ponies only hope was to seek an ancient prophet deep in the woods. Now, after thousands of years, the Chaos is back.

  • ...
1
 15
 679

PreviousChapters Next
The maze, part 2

Twilight galloped through the winding paths of the maze, desperately trying to find the center. What felt like days had passed since entering, though she wasn't sure, as the sun had stayed in the exact same position the entire time. Each pathway looked the same, every wall showing the exact same details. If she were Rarity, she might have been able to pick out the tiniest differences, but Twilight wasn't Rarity, and she couldn't pick out the tiniest differences if there were any. She rounded another corner, but, like every other path she had tried, it was a dead end. She groaned in frustration.

"UGHHH! Why is this maze so hard?" She stomped around in circles several times to vent out her anger, before deciding to slam her face into the wall instead, "EV, ER, Y, PATH, IS, A, DEAD, END!" She yelled, hitting the wall with her head to punctuate each syllable. Just then, as her sore muzzle was resting on the concrete wall, she thought she felt it begin to shift. She jerked her head up and stared at the wall hopefully. Fortunately, luck was on her side and the wall, began to crumble before her. After it fell away, she found herself in yet another passage, but the walls of this one, were made from hedges, instead of concrete. A very startled looking Fluttershy was also there.

"T-Twilight?" Fluttershy stuttered

"Oh, hey Fluttershy! Am I glad to see you." Twilight said.

"Not as glad as I am to see you!" Fluttershy almost shouted and launched herself onto Twilight, locking her in a vice like grip, "I don't know how much more of this maze I can take! There were flying vampire pigs a-and Bunny ghosts and a really ugly, scary face!"

'MY FACE IS NOT UGLY!' Shouted a voice from nowhere.

"EEP!" Fluttershy screamed and dove behind Twilight "S-s-s-sor-rry m-m-mr scar-r-ry v-voice." she whispered.

---
Luckily for the CMC, they were kept together when the walls built up between everypony. They looked at each other, all three of them were earth ponies. Scootaloo had lost her wings, and Sweetie Belle had lost her horn.

"Ah guess th' instructions weren't jokin' then. Wonder wha' sorta magic stuff it's got ta do all o' this." Applebloom wondered

"I bet it's an Evil villain that we'll have to defeat with our elements! We can send them packing!" Scootaloo said

"Yeh! And maybe we'll be using our elements." Added Sweetie Belle.

"Well, lets get ta th' middle so we c'n git outa here." Applebloom said, before running off "Come on!" Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo looked at each other briefly before charging after their friend.

The CMC ran down hundreds of paths, each one twisting to a dead end. Everywhere looked the same and even Scootaloo, with her natural pegasus senses, found it hard to determine where they were going, she was pretty sure that they had gone down that tunnel several times already, but now Applebloom was urging them to go down that same path.

"Come on gals! Ah'm sure we ain't gone down this 'un yet." She said, slightly nervously

"Ughh, Applebloom, I think we've gone down that one, like, twenty times already." Scootaloo said

"No we ain't! Look, there's two weird shaped bushes at th' entrance, an' they havn't been on any o' the tunnels we've gone through."

"The more I think about this place, the more I think it's playing tricks on us." Scootaloo sighed

"Yeh, this place gives me the creeps." Sweetie Belle agreed

"Well, hurry up gals! We ain't gonna get nowhere if we're jus' sittin' here doin' nothin'"

"Fine, we'll go down that tunnel, but then we're trying that one." Scootaloo said, pointing at a narrow passage-way opposite the way they we're facing.

"Alrighty! Let's go!"

---
Applejack was staring at Pinkie Pie, the pink party pony was jumping up and down with joy upon finding Applejack. Applejack wasn't sure why, they hadn't been in the maze that long. Had they?

"Oh Applejack, I'm soooo happy to see you! When we were first trapped I was all like 'AGHHHHH!' And then Twilight calmed us down, and we all ran down the paths and then I came across this huge clearing with a massive creepy-scary statue in the middle of it and I was all like 'AGHHH!' again and I ran off and then I got caught in th-"

"Hold on there Pinkie Pie. Did ya say that ya found a clearin' with a big statue init?"

"Yup. Well, technically, I said 'a massive creepy-scary statue' But you're close enough."

"An' ya didn't think ta look fer a big blue orb thingie?"

"No, It was scary and It looked like it was going to eat me!"

"How long 'ave we bin in 'ere?" Applejack asked,

"Well," Pinkie said, pulling out a watch from nowhere "It was 12:30 when we entered and the sun has stayed in exactly the same position, but my watch says that it is now 19:03, or three minutes past seven O' clock."

"We've bin in 'ere seven 'ours!?"

"Umm, maybe, I don't know, my watch has been going kinda fast then kinda slow, so, we might have only been in here for three hours."

"Ughh. Pinkie! Ya shoulda looked fer th' blue orb thing!"

"OOOOooohhhhh, so that's what Twilight was talking about."

"What? Ya mean..wh- Aghh! Pinkie! Ah give up. Can't git a lick o' sense out o' ya."

"Hehehe. Silly Applejack."

"Jus' show me where th' statue is."

---

"Ewewewewewwwwww! My hooves are covered in mud!" Whined Rarity, "This isn't fair. I've been wandering round this dastardly place for hours and the only thing of mild interest that I've come across is these flying pigs." She gestured to the mud pit in which several winged pigs were rolling about.

"Oink." Was the only response she received

"Oh, now look! I'm talking to myself like some sort of, of, lunatic!"

"Oink."

"Oh just be quiet. I am currently in the middle of a crisis. Just look at me! I'm covered in mud!"

'Priorities Rarity...' A voice said from nowhere

"Who said that?"

'Oh, nopony in particular...'

"What do you mean?"

'I mean, you shouldn't be concerned with me right now... I'm the least of your worries...'

"The least of my worries? I'm stuck in this endless maze, covered in mud, I'm talking to myself and now I'm hearing voices! And somehow, going crazy is the least of my worries??? I'll admit, being coated in dirt is a big issue, but how am I supposed to deal with it if I'm not even in the..the right state of mind." Rarity shouted, to which, she received no answer "Hello?...Oh good, I'm not hearing voices anymore." She wiped her brow and turned around, only to be ambushed by the flying pigs, "AGHHHHHHH! HELP! SOMEPONY! ANYPONY!" Five flying pigs were surrounding her now, one above her, one behind her, one on either side of her and the fifth trying to block her path in front of her. "AGHHH! ST-STOP YOU-YOU RUFFIANS!" The pigs ignored her and instead, decided to attack.
"AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"
---

'AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!' A scream sounded, making Night Walker jump. He fell to the floor, unused to having no wings.

"Darn, forgot I couldn't fly." He mumbled to himself as he got up, "What in the hay was that?" No answer came. After a few moments with no screaming, Night Walker continued to trot through the maze. As he walked, he began to think to himself

'Hope I don't run into whatever that was. *Sigh*, I wish my old friends were here, we could be having loads of fun, instead of wandering around this endless maze, probably about to be ambushed at any second. These new ponies are nice, but....I miss my friends.. and my family' He started 'I wonder if my little brother or sister ever had foals. Or my friends. I wonder if anypony who lives today is related to me. It's been over a thousand years, so I could be at least a-a-a, umm, if the average pony life is 80 years, then, 1000 divided by 80 is......12? 13? I think? so, I could be somepony's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grand uncle. Wow! I really need to find out. How though...I can't just check the records....can I? Where do they even keep the records? *Sigh*, Would Princess Celestia even allow me to stay in Equestria anymore? Come to think of it, where is Princess Celestia, why hasn't she come to stop Nightmare moon yet? Did Nightmare moon get rid of her? No, that can't be right, otherwise Nightmare moon would be controlling all of Equestria, not just the Everfree forest. Is Nightmare moon planning to attack the rest of Equestria, or is she just going to continue growing her army of beasts so she can ravage Equestria to nothingness? But what would the point be in that? Revenge? But then, what would she rule over? I suppose she might just want Equestria gone so she can invade other countries, but, what's the point in that? The only other countries Equestria has been in contact with are the Griffon Kingdoms and the Dragon lands, unless everything has changed and now Princess Celestia is making treaties with everywhere else...' Night Walker was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't notice the large clearing he had walked into, nor the tall, mismatched statue that held a pulsing blue orb to it's chest.

"Oof!" Was the sound Night Walker made as he walked into the statue, he stepped back and shook his head, then, he looked up, "GYAAH!" He shouted and jumped back, remembering this time that he had no wings. He stared up at the stone statue. The statue was of a biped creature who looked like all of it's different body parts came from a different animal. The arm clutching the orb seemed to belong to a lion, while the arm in the air belonged to an eagle. It's hind legs were that of a goat and lizard and it's tail was that of a snakes. It's tiny mismatched wings looked like a pegasus's and a bat's and it's head had stemmed from a pony. It had two antlers, one from a deer and the other from a dragon. It had big bushy eyebrows, a goatee styled beard and a single fang plastered onto it's laughing face.

"I-Is that...Discord??"

PreviousChapters Next