• Published 27th Jul 2016
  • 679 Views, 15 Comments

Truths of a prophecy - Cookiedash



Before the Princesses, the Chaos brought havoc on equestria, there was no harmony and the land was being destroyed. The ponies only hope was to seek an ancient prophet deep in the woods. Now, after thousands of years, the Chaos is back.

  • ...
1
 15
 679

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 27

"Twilight! We can't jus' stop here! We gotta git movin' ta find those silly fillies!" Applejack complained.

"Yeh, Twi. Who knows what sort of danger they could be in!" Rainbow Dash agreed

"But what if they have already gone home? We could have missed them you know." Twilight countered, "Besides, Pinkie Pie says that we are probably going to be staying in here for longer than we thought, so the fillies are probably still here."

"Wait, your actually gonna believe Pinkie?" Rainbow asked in disbelief, "I mean, I know she has a weird way of knowing things, and, predicting things, but, you don't seem to be the kind of pony who would just let it happen instead of trying to figure it out."

"Oh, no. You're right about that. As soon as this is over, Pinkie Pie is going to come to my lab so I can examine her properly. I just want to test a theory I have."

"And that would be..."

"That Pinkie Pie is actually a unicorn from the future!" A small crazy smile had settled itself onto Twilight's face. Everypony looked at her blankly. Then, Pinkie Pie burst out of nowhere,

*GASP!* "That would be super duper amazing! How cool would it be to be from the future? Or a unicorn! I bet I could do some awesome tricks if I was, like, make a bunny appear out of a hat! Or, make a second me! Oh wait, I could already do that with the mirror pool. Oh well. If I were a unicorn, I would be able to do so many things at once! I would be able to get my parties set up much quicker! And I would be able to bake at the same time! And If I was from the future the maybe-"

"Please somepony shut her up!" Twilight cried out. The others just looked at each other.

"All sorts of different spells! And they'd be superific! I could mphh mph!" her waffling was cut short by an orange hoof.

"Look sugarcube, Ah know yer excited, but c'n ya please jus' be quiet?" Applejack asked. Pinkie Pie nodded her head happily. When Applejack removed her hoof, Pinkie Pie just bounced of, not making a sound.

"Thanks Applejack." Twilight said, "Come on, we have to get some rest. I know you three want to keep looking for your sisters, but we can't just go on all night, we'd be too tired by the time we found them to protect them if they are hurt." Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Rarity looked at each other, then back to Twilight and nodded.

"Umm, Twilight?" Fluttershy asked quietly, "Don't you think one of us should keep watch? This is the Everfree forest after all, and, if all of us are asleep, then who knows what could happen." Fluttershy's eyes seemed to gaze somewhere beyond Twilight, obviously fantasizing about what dreadful things could happen. Twilight looked at her, thought about it for a few seconds then said,

"You're right, it would be best if we each took a shift in staying awake to keep a look out. Pinkie Pie, can you take the first shift?" The pink pony opened her mouth to speak, then closed it and nodded her head. Then she pointed at Rarity, then Fluttershy, Twilight, Applejack and Rainbow Dash. The others just looked at her, unsure of what she meant.

"Uhh, Pinkie?" Applejack said, confused. Pinkie Pie just rolled her eyes and repeated the actions, slower and with more force.

"Again please Pinkie." Twilight asked. Pinkie Pie grunted silently and repeated the actions again. With even more force and she mouthed some words as well. It was at this point that Twilight realized she had taken Applejack's request to heart and was being quiet. "Aghh! Pinkie Pie, you can talk now, you know!" She shouted. Pinkie just blinked at her, then sighed with relief and said;

"Thank Celestia, it was really hard to try and tell you guys all that without talking. Anyway. I said, I will take the first shift, then I'll wake Rarity so she can take hers, then she can wake Fluttershy, who can wake Twilight, who can wake Applejack who can wake Rainbow Dash!" Everypony looked at her the at Twilight. Twilight nodded in approval.

"That's a good idea, ok everypony, we'll set up camp here."

An hour later, everypony was in sleeping bags, huddled around a small fire. They were chatting together, telling stories and all the what you do on camping trips.

"'Oh. You seem to have found the next gift.' The voice suddenly said. She stopped in her tracks." Everypony shuddered. They were listening to Rainbow Dash tell a horror story. They now regretted daring each other to see who's story could be the most horrific. Rarity had fainted long ago, and Fluttershy seemed close to the same fate. Twilight looked ill and Applejack wasn't faring so well either. However, Pinkie Pie listened intently. Dead set on completing the dare. Her story was just after Rainbow Dash's. It was going to be the last one. But, she wouldn't be able to tell it if she fainted after listening to Rainbow Dash's story. Rainbow Dash's story was filled with more gore than the innocent ponies had heard or seen before. It was like Rainbow Dash lived in another world, one filled with hatred and death. Actually, that was probably true. Pinkie Pie had always thought there was something fishy about the rainbows at Rainbow dash's house, and how Rainbow Dash never liked to talk about her family or past. Before, Applejack had just thought Pinkie Pie was being silly, but now, after hearing how much gore Rainbow Dash could put into two minutes worth of a story, she was, just maybe, starting to believe Pinkie Pie. And the story hadn't even finished. Applejack was brought out of her thoughts when Twilight and Fluttershy both fainted. Applejack looked at Pinkie Pie, who was looking as if she were about to throw up, Applejack knew that Rainbow Dash had to stop, before Pinkie and herself passed out to. Applejack looked at Rainbow Dash, who had stopped telling her story when Fluttershy and Twilight fainted.

"Umm. Maybe I put a bit too much detail into that" She said sheepishly, not even fazed by how gory her story was.

"Ya think?" Applejack raised an eyebrow, "Ah think ya'll should stop now, we don't want nopony sick before tomorrow." Pinkie just lifted her head and said,

"I think it's too late for that." Applejack just stared at Rainbow Dash in disbelief, what had she said?

"Oh come on! It wasn't even that gross!" Rainbow Dash complained.

"Chopping somepony's lim-" Pinkie was cut off by Applejack, who decided that she did not want to know what Rainbow Dash had said.

"Ah think we should all go ta bed now."

"Aww, but Applejack! I didn't get to tell my story!" Pinkie Pie whined.

"And I didn't get to finish mine!"

"NOPONY WANTS TO HEAR WHAT YOUR INSANE, DISTURBED BRAIN CAN COME UP WITH!" Pinkie Pie yelled. Rainbow Dash just flinched back.

"I'm not disturbed." She grumbled under her breath, but Pinkie and Applejack both caught it. They both stared at her in that look that says, 'yes you are', but they didn't say anything.

"Well alright, Pinkie, but make it quick." Applejack said. Pinkie cheered up and began telling her story. By the time she was finished, it was morning and everypony but herself was alseep. She wasn't even tired anymore. So, she prodded everypony awake, well, she kicked Rainbow Dash awake and said

"Thats for keeping me up last night."

Once everypony was awake and they had had some breakfast, they got moving. Rarity was glowering at Rainbow Dash all through breakfast, but she didn't say anything. The six carried on along their path. Trying to find the fillies. When they got to where the middle of the Everfree forest was, they stopped. There, in front of them, was not a forest, but a desert. A desert of dry land, in the distance, they saw a large building.

"Do you think that the fillies are in there?" Rarity asked.

"Maybe..." Applejack replied.

"Well, we're not going to find out by just standing here and wondering." Rainbow Dash said, flapping her wings and shooting off towards the building.

"Rainbow Dash! Wait!" Twilight called after her, but she was already gone. The others then started to gallop after her, towarss the weird, curvy building.

PreviousChapters Next