• Published 27th Jul 2016
  • 679 Views, 15 Comments

Truths of a prophecy - Cookiedash



Before the Princesses, the Chaos brought havoc on equestria, there was no harmony and the land was being destroyed. The ponies only hope was to seek an ancient prophet deep in the woods. Now, after thousands of years, the Chaos is back.

  • ...
1
 15
 679

PreviousChapters Next
Winning the battle but losing the enemy

Twilight's quick search for the sixth element has resulted in failure. She couldn't find it. She was depressed. They couldn't defeat Nightmare moon without the elements, but... They could run her off the throne. At least for a while. Twilight knew more than one alicorn. Her foal-sitter, Princess Cadence, was an alicorn. She was the princess of Love, and very powerful indeed. Most ponies didn't know how powerful she was, mainly due to the fact that she didn't perform much magic. But Twilight knew that she was just as powerful as Celestia, if not stronger. Her love magic could spread through everypony, the more ponies it spreads through, the stronger her magic. If Twilight could get her and ask her to help overthrow Nightmare moon, then she could Take Celestia's place while Twilight and the others try to work the elements. Sure, Princess Cadence might struggle to control the sun and the moon, but if she didn't then Nightmare moon would win. Quickly Twilight came up with a plan and shared it with the others. Soon everypony was in place.

"I hope this works Twilight, even with everypony in Canterlot helping, defeating Nightmare moon and her minions would be quite a challenge." Princess Cadence fretted.

"I know, but it's our only shot. You deal with Nightmare moon and leave her minions to us. We might not have everypony in Canterlot helping, but with the ponies we do have we can probably hold off her minions while you face Nightmare moon herself. After that, you'll have to take the throne until Princess Celestia comes back, nopony else can." Twilight said. Then she counted down in her mind from five. 'Five, four, three, two, one. Time to put my plan into action.' Twilight had positioned everypony helping in a circle around the throne room, that way, there was no escape from the magic. It was also set up so that Princess Cadence's magic could easily be transferred from pony to pony. The circle closed in against the walls of the throne room as much as possible, while Twilight and Princess Cadence walked forward into the room. They knew there was going to be an ambush, so Princess Cadence had already started to spread her magic. As soon as the large doors opened, A dark blue magic beam shot at them, followed by a multitude of others. Twilight quickly cast a shield spell that repelled most of the damage. Princess Cadence then shot her own magic beam at Nightmare moon while Twilight attacked the beasts.

Nightmare moon was shocked at seeing Princess Cadence. She didn't know that there was another Princess and therefore had not prepared for one. This gave a massive advantage to Princess Cadence as her magic was a lot more effective than Twilight thought. Everypony outside, Princess Cadence's magic still flowing through them, came in afterwards, the unicorns firing spells at the beasts and the earth ponies acting as shields. The pegasi went into a front line attack bucking and punching at the beasts. Many were swiped away, but the magic flowing through their bodies intensified as each pony defended their loved ones, and their attacks grew stronger. Soon the beasts were overwhelmed. Their own magic, not being enough to compete with a magic that strengthens when somepony is hurt, was useless and they were resorting to physical attacks, which weren't doing much damage either. They couldn't escape as the circle of ponies still stood. In the middle of that Circle, Princess Cadence was locked in battle with Nightmare moon. Twilight, no longer faced with any beasts added her own magic to Princess Cadence's. Nightmare moon was losing, and she knew it. Her army was more or less defeated. In truth, it hadn't been very strong in the first place, there weren't many soldier beasts, and the guards that now worked for her were useless. Upon seeing this, Nightmare moon decided to run from battle before she could come to any harm. It wasn't that she was a coward, no, she was far from that, but she knew that, if she got hurt, then she'd have no chance of regaining power. At least now, she wasn't injured, she could re-build her army and she could get stronger. Then she could take the throne again, being prepared for Princess Cadence's power. Nightmare moon ran into the Everfree forest. She hid there, in the castle of the two sisters, and had it repaired.

Princess Cadence took power of the throne. She then dropped the moon and raised the sun. Nightmare moon had fled, Princess Cadence had won. Though, that wasn't the case. It seemed to be the case, but Twilight knew better. 'Nightmare moon will come back for more, we need to figure out how to work the elements of Harmony quickly.' She voiced her opinion to her friends who agreed.

"We need to get rid of her for good! She's going to get stronger the longer we leave her. That coward, she can't bare to take her beating, she knew she was gonna lose so she ran!" Rainbow had voiced.

"I'll agree with you about her getting stronger the longer we leave her, but I'd say she's far from a coward." Twilight responded

"I think we should work on that prophecy Twilight, If it does have something to do with Nightmare moon, then we're going to want to find out sooner rather than later." Fluttershy said.

"You're right, come on girls, we'll leave Nightmare moon for now, she can't do any more damage while she is still healing. Let's figure out this prophecy."

PreviousChapters Next