• Published 27th Jul 2016
  • 675 Views, 15 Comments

Truths of a prophecy - Cookiedash



Before the Princesses, the Chaos brought havoc on equestria, there was no harmony and the land was being destroyed. The ponies only hope was to seek an ancient prophet deep in the woods. Now, after thousands of years, the Chaos is back.

  • ...
1
 15
 675

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 2

A few years had passed since Tia had finished University, She was a young mare now and her little sister was just starting College. The war against the griffons was over and a peace treaty had been declared. The battle against king Sombre had been won, but at a cost, the Crystal empire had been lost, according to the books on the Crystal empire, this had happened every thousand years, they never found a way to defeat king Sombre completely. The war against the Chaos was still going though. It was a tough battle.

Tia had been born a few years after the war had started, and on that day a solar eclipse had occurred, giving the ponies of Equestria hope. Luna had been born a few years after, on that night, a lunar eclipse had occurred, this gave the Chaos hope. Tia's parents had never admitted to Luna that she was something that was considered evil, they had always though that the signs were wrong and she did not represent the chaos. They had never admitted it to Tia either, she had just overheard them talking about it. Tia knew that one day, she would have to go against her sister in a battle of good and evil, but she hoped that day would never come.

At college, Luna was studying magic, she had always wanted to be good with magic, but since her parents died fighting the Chaos, and with her sister away all the time, she had no-one to teach her. She was slacking in class, everypony else could use their magic well and had already moved on to the extreme advanced spells, Luna, however, was still learning basics of advanced, and was struggling. She was lucky enough to have made it through the examining board. If she had gotten a lower score than she had, then she would have had to study something else. All her class-mates laughed at her as she, once again, failed to do a teleportation spell. There were 5 other students in her class. Only the unicorns who could perform advanced magic were allowed in and to actually have the chance of doing the test, you had to be able to perform basic stuff with so much ease that you could lift an Ursa minor for 15 seconds! The examining board for the test didn't actually have an Ursa minor so they used weights to substitute for the weight. Luna had passed this one well, she could manage to pick up the weights easily and she could hold it for 30 seconds, that was double the time! But she felt nauseated afterwards. The actual exam, she had passed with a stroke of luck. She was told that all she had to do, was teleport from one side of the room to the other, pick up the egg and teleport back to the other side with the egg. Luna had, after many times of trying, managed to teleport herself to the other side of the room and pick up the egg. She could not however teleport back. She had kept trying but she found herself unable. In that era, the judges were allowed to be as harsh as they wanted, as these judges liked to be mean. They laughed at her trying to wind her up. They called her useless and unwanted. All these comments had hurt Luna, and she found it difficult to suppress her feelings. She did not want to give them the satisfaction of making her mad. It happens to be that a unicorns magic can, very rarely, be channeled in certain ways depending on the emotion of the unicorn. At that time, Luna's magic was being channeled by her anger. All her anger that she was keeping bottled in came pouring out of her horn as magic. It was only a small burst of magic, but it was still enough to teleport her back to the other side of the room and hatch the egg. All the judges stopped trying to wind her up and stared at the young mare who had managed to finally teleport herself after many times of trying. She had made it through and she was very pleased. Though afterwards, she found that she still struggled with her magic.

Tia looked at Philomena. Philomena was a phoenix, she was the phoenix that Luna had hatched from the egg during her entrance exam. Luna had given her to Tia on her birthday as a present. Tia said goodbye to Philomena and set out to go to work. Tia worked as a guard. She went round Ponyville anytime there was an attack and set up as a defense around a ponies home, during the attack, she had to defend that home with her life. She learned about the importance of everypony and what they mean, she also learned something else, the magic within ponies. Everypony, no matter whether they were an earth pony, Pegasus or a unicorn, had some sort of magic.

Luna was finding it difficult to concentrate, all her class-mates were watching now, laughing and jeering as she once again failed to perform the teleportation spell. Even her teacher, Mrs. Glowheart, was laughing at her. Luna once again tried to bottle up her emotions. She wouldn't show her class-mates she was upset, because that would make it worse. Again and again she tried to teleport but she just couldn't do it. Her class-mates laughed harder and harder and started to make fun of her. Mrs. Glowheart was supposed to be one of the nicest ponies, but to Luna, she was the devil. Mrs. Glowheart made all the other ponies laugh at her, it was allowed in that time, a time when teachers could harm the children and more or less do what they want to them and no-one cared. Luna felt the anger building up in her and she desperately wanted to let it out, but she couldn't, because everypony else would laugh at her even harder. So, instead she tried to perform the teleportation spell once again, this time, all her anger was channeled to her magic and she let out a magical outburst. This magical outburst teleported Luna to the other side of the room, the teacher to the woods, the other students to the examining room and it brought the moon up next to the sun.

All over Equestria, ponies were astonished to find the moon suddenly brought up next to the sun. Tia looked up and saw the moon. Instantly she knew who had done it, and also knew that the signs had started to come true.

Luna seemed quite pleased with herself. Mrs. Glowheart and the other students had returned and instead of shouting at her for what she did, they apologized for upsetting her, as if they were afraid of what she might do. Luna found that she still couldn't teleport, but she could do many other tricks, such as turn herself into a multitude of different creatures, give herself temporary wings and sometimes, move the moon, even if it was just the slightest movement. When she had gotten home from college that day, Tia had questioned her about it, Luna had simply told Tia that she had had a magical surge, and knew nothing more. Each day, Luna went to college and kept practicing her magic, and each day, all the other students stayed away from her. Luna got better and better at magic, and, even though she could not teleport, she eventually, became the best in her class.

PreviousChapters Next