• Published 27th Jul 2016
  • 679 Views, 15 Comments

Truths of a prophecy - Cookiedash



Before the Princesses, the Chaos brought havoc on equestria, there was no harmony and the land was being destroyed. The ponies only hope was to seek an ancient prophet deep in the woods. Now, after thousands of years, the Chaos is back.

  • ...
1
 15
 679

PreviousChapters Next
Cutie mark crusaders-Prophecy completers! YAY! (Part 4)/the fourth prophecy-found

Scootaloo flopped down next to her scooter. Her two friends got out of the wagon and went to her side. Currently, the three fillies were in the middle of the dry lands. The weird build was still a good mile or so away. It had been further out than they had originally thought. Now, they could see it better, it was much, much bigger than they had anticipated and it had several swirling spires dotted around. The smoke seemed to come from one of the spires. A large fence seemed to crawl it's way around the building, a few hundred feet away from it's walls. The three had only been traveling for forty minutes, but the heat from the sun seemed to blaze down on them, draining all of their energy. The wagon provided little shade and the three had no water, but they soon got up and carried on. Twenty minutes later, they had reached the fence. Bushes and a few trees surrounded it, so they had plenty of shade and hiding spaces.

"Right, how do we get in?" Scootaloo asked

"We could use the entrance." Sweetie Belle suggested, pointing at a gap in the fence that was being guarded by two large stallions.

"Nah, that's too easy, we gotta sneak in!" Scootaloo said

"Why?"

"Because it's more fun this way!"

"Yeh! An' we might git our cutie marks in bein' sneaky!" Applebloom said.

"Ok, well, there's an open window over there, if we can climb over the fence and get to the wall before anyone sees us, we'll easily get through the window." Sweetie Belle remarked.

"Alright Sweetie Belle! Come on! Let's get over this fence!" Scootaloo cheered quietly

"An' how do we do that?" Applebloom asked,

"We climb over!" Scootaloo responded, then she went up to the fence, slipped her fore hooves into the wire mesh and pulled herself up. Then she began to move one hoof in front of the other, she slipped her hind hooves into the mesh as well, and began to push upwards with them. When she reached the top, she hoisted herself over and dropped to the ground. Then she turned to face her companions who hadn't moved yet. "Come on! Hurry up and climb over!" Then, she ran to the window. It was too high up for her to climb in by herself, so she waited just underneath it for her friends to climb over the fence.

Once they were all over and by the window, they started to discuss how they would reach it.

"We could stand on each others backs, then, whoever is in first could pull the others in." Sweetie Belle suggested.

"Tha's a great idea Sweetie! Ah'll go bottom, seein' as ahm the strongest, Sweetie Belle, ya go next an Scoots, ya go top." Applebloom instructed. So, Sweetie Belle carefully climbed on top of Applebloom, and Scootaloo climbed on top of Sweetie Belle. After a bit of wobbling, Scootaloo managed to grab a hold of the window ledge and pull herself in. Sweetie Belle climbed in after her, she didn't need much help as the window was, at that point, only just above her head. After they were both in, they pulled Applebloom up. All three fillies looked around. They were in a long corridor. The walls were made completely out of stainless steel, and so where the walls and ceiling. A few doors lay on the opposite side of the corridor and a ventilation system was embedded into the ceiling.

"Right, where to now?" Scootaloo asked

"Ah think we should move down the corridor." Applebloom said, pointing to the right.

"Let's go!" Sweetie Belle squealed and she ran off sown the hall, the other two chasing after her.

Five hours later, the fillies were lost somewhere on the second floor. They had so far, snuck past every guard they had seen (which came to a total of two) and they had managed to avoid the scientists working on some sort of giant robot in the laboratory. They stood, hidden in a small storage room, discussing where they were going to go.

"How do we find her though? She might not even be in here, she said she'd be in the castle." Sweetie Belle said

"Yeh, but we couldn't find the castle, and the dry lands and this building have appeared from nowhere. There's no way that this was here before." Scootaloo countered

"So your sayin' that it's magic?" Applebloom asked

"Or we could have just missed the castle." Sweetie Belle complained

"Hey, you were the one with the map! And you said we should have been there by now, so don't blame me!" Scootaloo snapped.

"You were the one driving! And I thought that pegasi were supposed to have the best sense of direction out of anypony!"

"They are! But only..only if they..if they can..can fly!" Scootaloo was struggling to say it, she didn't like admitting that she couldn't fly, even to her best friends.

"You still should have a better sense of direction than us two, so don't you put the blame on me!" Sweetie Belle was fuming. She knew she shouldn't be acting like this, and that it was nopony's fault, but she couldn't help herself. Something in her was trying to take over, it was battling her mind, and it was winning.

"WELL-" Scootaloo didn't get any further as a yellow hoof found it's way to her mouth and a country accent pierced it's friends ears.

"Stop fightin'! Both o' ya! It ain't nopony's fault, so stop actin' like foals!" Applebloom's two friends looked at her, apologetically, however Scootaloo had one more thing to say,

"But we are foals, technically." Applebloom just groaned in response and slapped a hoof to her face.

After finally deciding that they were going to the top floor, the Crusaders set off. But, however hard they looked, they couldn't find the stairs.

"Ughh. How'dwe even git up here if the're no stairs?!" Applebloom questioned.

"Uhh, I don't even remember using stairs. I just remember going into that tiny, empty room when the door shut on us. Then, we pressed a couple of buttons to try to open the door, and it worked! Only, we where somewhere else." Scootaloo said, recalling the events of earlier.

"Do you think that it was a teleportation device?" Sweetie Belle asked

"Maybe, well, we gotta go find it again ta find out!" Applebloom exclaimed, then ran off. Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle looked at each other, then followed their friend. Eventually, they came across a very familiar room. The door was closed and it had two small buttons on one side. Scootaloo pressed the one with the up arrow and the doors opened. When the fillies got inside, the doors shut on them. Applebloom examined the buttons. Each of them had a number. The smallest number, the one right at the bottom of the tower, was '0' and the biggest number was '18', just above that, there was a big button, it said 'Observatory'

"Right, Scoots, wus yer favorite number?" She asked

"Nineteen, why?" Scootaloo asked

"Cause we're goin' to place number nineteen!" She responded, slamming the observatory button down. She assumed that that must be place nineteen since it was the next button after eighteen. The room began to shudder and then it seemed to move, something that the Crusaders hadn't noticed when they were in the room before. About a minute later, the doors opened. It lead out into another hallway, except, the outside wall was, instead of steel, made out of glass.

"Ah wonder what this thing is." Applebloom mumbled, walking out just after Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo.

"An elevator" Sweetie Belle said

"Whut?"

"It's an elevator."

"How d'ya know? An' if ya did, th'n why d'ain't ya tell us?"

"I didn't know, the elevator just has a large sign above it that says 'This is an elevator'"

"Well that's awfully convenient." Scootaloo stated. That was an understatement.

"A little too convenient if ya ask me." Applebloom said in response. They looked around, the hallway they weer in was small, it ended only a few hooves away from where they stood in both directions. The ceiling was made of glass, like the wall, but it curved outwards, a bit like a very long, and not very circular, dome. They looked out of the window. They could see for miles, all the way across the dry lands, out into the Everfree forest and they could even see Canterlot, faintly in the distance. The sun was beginning to set now and a dim orange and rose hue was spreading out across the sky, slowly fading into a deep blue.

"Looks like we should find Nightmare moon fast if we wanna tell her what we've discovered about the prophecy." Scootaloo sighed. The others nodded their agreement. So, the three wandered down the corridor and into a large room, hoping that Nightmare moon would be there. They were wrong. Nopony was in the room. The room was huge, and it had two doors. Sweetie Belle guessed that the corridor entered the room from both ends. The wall on the other side of the room was, like in the corridor, made out of glass. So was the ceiling, and it had the same curved shape that the corridor had. Where, on the other side of the wall, the elevator was, there was a fireplace. Like the rest of the building, it was very futuristic. But, unlike the rest of the building, it had patterns, engraved into the metal. No, not patterns, words, in an ancient language, but, not one that the fillies had ever seen. It wasn't ancient Equestrian, it wasn't Unirish or Pegalatin either, even if they couldn't read those languages, they still knew that it wasn't one of them because the letters, weren't letters at all. Just shapes and drawings. The only way they could tell that it was writing, was because of the way it was set out. Like a poem. Middle aligned, not closer towards the left or the right. Applebloom quickly grabbed a quill and some paper from the desk and copied the shapes.

'仁流想通过空气丝绸翅膀。
当树生长和仁知道,
他们将看到所有的伤口'

"What do you think it means Applebloom?" Scootaloo asked

"Ah'm not sure, maybe we c'n ask Nightmare moon."

"Well, let's go find her then."

"Hang on guys, take a look at this!" Sweetie Belle called from he other side of the room, pointing out the window. The other two walked over to her and looked to where she was pointing. On the ground below, was an enormous robot. It looked a bit like the one the scientists, the three saw earlier were working on. The robot could easily crush the biggest stallion underneath one of it's hooves. A bunch of ponies surrounded the robot, rushing about, doing...whatever it was they were doing. A few unicorns were lifting some large metal sheets onto the back of the robot. It was clearly not finished yet. But it was almost there. Some other unicorns, being held up by pegasi, seemed to be welding the metal pieces onto the robot. A few of the beasts that Nightmare moon had summoned also helped, they helped carry some of the unicorns, or heave the heavy metal up to the robot. Some ponies, were sitting on top of the robot, and appeared to be painting it. They were painting it dark grey, by the looks of things, and they also seemed to be painting on the armor that Nightmare moon's guards wore. The shape of the robot's ears were funny though. They looked almost like a ponies, but not quite, like very fuzzy pony ears. Somewhere to the right of the robot, more ponies were working on what appeared to be large bat wings. Big enough to fit the robot pony.

"Woah!" Was all that Scootaloo and Applebloom could say.

"Yeh, I wonder why they're building a giant robot. And how, even. A few months back, Rarity said that some scientists had been trying for years to build a robot, but it was all a failure, the closest they came to it, was making a moving leg, and even that only swung back and forth a few inches." Sweetie Belle said.

"Maybe it's just gonna be a statue." Applebloom suggested, "Ah mean, it looks a lot like a robot, but, maybe they just wanted it ta be realistic, ya know?" Sweetie Belle shook her head.

"I honestly don't see the point in that, it doesn't look anything like Nightmare moon! Why would they just build a statue of a random pony?"

"Ah don't know, it was jus' a thought."

"Well come on you two! We need to find Nightmare moon!" Scootaloo shouted at them, running off out of the room. Sweetie Belle and Applebloom just followed.

PreviousChapters Next