• Published 27th Jul 2016
  • 679 Views, 15 Comments

Truths of a prophecy - Cookiedash



Before the Princesses, the Chaos brought havoc on equestria, there was no harmony and the land was being destroyed. The ponies only hope was to seek an ancient prophet deep in the woods. Now, after thousands of years, the Chaos is back.

  • ...
1
 15
 679

PreviousChapters Next
Giant robot ponies

The group were wandering through the dry-lands again. Everypony was thirsty and dehydrated, but they pushed on. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy scouted the skies for any signs of water, careful not to go to high so they wont lose sight of the dry-lands. Soon, their sharp, eagle-like, pegasus eyes, spotted small stream leading out of the Everfree into the dry lands. There was a bit of grass around the stream, and a few trees. They turned back to inform the others. Who eagerly set off to the stream.

So, after a long drink, they set off again. Following the two pegasi as they now scouted for the castle.

"See anything yet?" Twilight called up to them

"No." Came the faint reply

"Ya'll'd think tha' with th' castle bein' so big, it would be pretty darn easy ta spot, 'specially fer a pegasus." Applejack stated

"Yeh, but Nightmare moon has probably put a special spell on it, like an invisibility spell or an aerial cover." Twilight responded

"Well I think it would be much better if she covered her castle in candy! MMMmmm Candy..." Pinkie drooled

"Darling, while that is a rather good idea, don't you think it's a little impractical?"

"An' a castle made o' fabric aint?"

"Well of course not. My idea is simply divine." Twilight just rolled her eyes and picked Pinkie Pie up with her magic. Then she placed her on Paul's back. Just then, Rainbow Dash, closely followed by Fluttershy, shot down towards them.

"Did you see it?" Twilight asked hopefully

"Nope, but it looks like she sent an awesome, I-I mean a totally not cool giant robot."

"What!?"

"Yeh, It's huge! And moving towards us quickly." Just as she said that, a large figure appeared in the distance. It was getting closer every second.

"Wha- how are we gonna fight that?!"

"Don't worry Twi, I ain't goin anywhere."

"Me neither" Pinkie said

"If ya'll're stayin' then Ah will too." Applejack said

"I suppose I could stay, if you all are." Rarity said, in her 'alright, but you owe me' voice

"Oh, ok, I'll stay too." Fluttershy mumbled

"Raw" Was Paul's reply.

"you guys do know that your attempts are futile, tight?" But Twilight went unheard as the others formed an attack line. "Ughh, fine." Twilight walked into place beside Pinkie Pie and they all took a defensive stance.

When the robot was only a few hundred hooves away, they all charged. Twilight shot a magic blast of fire at the head, but some other magical force absorbed it. "What?" She shot another fire beam at it and the same thing happened. "Hmm, looks like Nightmare moon is taking precautions."

"Yo Twi! Look out!" Rainbow Dash called, knocking Twilight out of her thoughts. Twilight then saw a massive robot hoof being swung at her, she only just had enough time to dodge. She looked up when she was out of the way of the hoof and thought she saw a figure inside one of the eyes.

"Rainbow Dash!" She called "Can you fly me up?"

"Sure!" was the reply and in less than 2 seconds Twilight was being lifted up into the air "Where do you wanna go?"

"I need to see something, take me up to it's eyes." As soon as she looked into the robot ponies red eyes, she saw that she had been right. There was a pony inside the head, controlling the robot. Focusing hard, Twilight reached into the mind of that pony. She saw the battle plans, and she knew what his next move was. Keeping half a mind concentrated on the pony, she quickly told Rainbow Dash to "DUCK!". Rainbow flew downwards on instinct, just missing a hoof that had reached up to the face as if to swat an annoying fly away. "Put me down on the ground Dash! I think I got an idea"

"great! What is it?"

"I'm not sure if it will work, but I need to talk to Applejack."

"You're the boss." Then, Twilight was put back on the ground, next to Applejack

"Howdy Twi. How ya holdin' up?"

"I'm fine, I think I have a plan, but I need your portal power."

"Mah portal power? why? Ya know ah don't like usin' it."

"I know Applejack, but this might be the only chance we have at stopping the robot and getting away."

"Ok Twi. Ah trust ya."

"Good, can you make a portal big enough to fit at least one of the robot's hooves into?"

"Tha's pretty big, but ah c'n try. Wher d'ya wann'it sent ta?"

"Anywhere in the Everfree."

"An' where d'ya wan' me ta put the portal?" Twilight thought for a second, she was reading the robot's 'mind' to see where it was going to put it's hoof.

"Right here." She said, shooting a small magical blast somewhere on the ground. She was careful not to let the magic go too close to the robot.

"Alright." Applejack began staring where Twilight had pointed. She saw the air around the point ripple and a tiny tear opened up. Then, it began to get bigger and bigger. It was about half the size of the robot's hoof and it was starting to slow down it's growth spurt. The hoof was getting closer now, if the portal didn't quicken it's pace, then it won't to anything. So Applejack put one last push into her focus and the portal shot open even wider, just as the robot put its hoof down, and fell into it. The robot stumbled, but didn't trip over, it started to pull it's hoof out, and Applejack quickly started to close it, but it stopped when it met the metal hoof.

"Applejack! It worked! Now, can you get us a portal to safety? That robot will eventually pull free and we won't have enough time then!"

"Ughh *pant* Okay." Applejack finally said, trying to recover from focusing so hard. Then she stared at a single spot and once again, the air around it rippled, before a tear started to form. On the other side, was Nightmare moon's castle. They were heading right outside it. The portal was slowly opening, Applejack was clearly exhausted, but she pushed on nonetheless. The others were starting to join them now, realizing what was going on. Only Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy stayed at the robot, hoping to distract it long enough for Applejack to open the portal. As soon as the portal was open, the robot managed to yank it's hoof free of the other one. Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash flew over to the portal as fast as they could, with the others already filing through. Suddenly, Fluttershy flapped her wings out of sync, just a tiny bit and she fell to the ground. The robot saw this and immediately took action. It moved it's hoof over Fluttershy, to stomp on her, but Rainbow Dash pushed her away just in time, taking Fluttershy's place and disappearing underneath the gigantic hoof. Everypony screamed and Paul jumped out of the portal and ran over to the hoof, which was being lifted up. Fluttershy was frozen in shock. Tears streamed down her face. Her best friend, her only friend in flight camp, had just died. Something was odd though. Nopony but Paul noticed it, when the hoof was removed from the ground, there was no flat pegasus, no pancake. Nor were there any signs that anypony had been squashed. Paul didn't know what to do, the only pony, other than Pinkie Pie, that he had actually become friends with, was now gone. The only pony who could talk to him and understand him in both her own and his language, was dead. He felt himself being picked up by something, he assumed it was Twilight using her magic, and he saw the hoof smash down again, where he had stood moments before. He felt himself being pulled into the portal, and he watched it close. Shutting on one of the two most important ponies in his life, forever.

Author's Note:

not the greatest chapter, but my mind is almost completely drained of ideas.

PreviousChapters Next