• Published 27th Jul 2016
  • 679 Views, 15 Comments

Truths of a prophecy - Cookiedash



Before the Princesses, the Chaos brought havoc on equestria, there was no harmony and the land was being destroyed. The ponies only hope was to seek an ancient prophet deep in the woods. Now, after thousands of years, the Chaos is back.

  • ...
1
 15
 679

PreviousChapters Next
The maze

Nightmare moon screamed at the wall. Her three prisoners had escaped and one of her guards had betrayed her. Albeit, he was inexperienced and a pushover, but her guard was small enough as it was, there was no room to lose anyone. On top of that, those three useless fillies were even more useless now that they had found their elements. 'Pathetic fillies, can't follow simple instructions' She thought. 'Well, at least I can't be defeated. Their precious element of loyalty is gone. Crushed under my hoof, like a fly.' At that point, a fly flew around her face before settling itself on the wall, and to emphasize her point, she slammed her hoof onto it, squishing it against the wall. Unfortunately, for Nightmare moon, fly's seem to have a sixth sense, and always know when they're about to get crushed. So, this fly, unscathed by the attempt on it's life, decided to sit itself on it's attackers nose, eliciting a scream of annoyance from her.

---

"Twilight?" Pinkie Pie said

"Yes Pinkie?" Twilight replied

"Where are we going?"

"To see if we can activate the elements."

"I know that, but, where?"

"Anywhere. Just, somewhere that will cause somepony to activate their element."

"Don't we need a scenario for that?"

"Yes, so we're going to find one."

"You know Twilight. This is getting dull for everyone."

"What?"

"I mean, we're doing the same thing over and over. Wandering through the forest, waiting for something to just happen."

"What else are we supposed to do?"

"Don't ask me. I'm not the one who controls what goes on in our world. Why don't you ask the almighty creator?" Twilight just rolled her eyes and ignored her pink friend's antics.

A few days passed, during which, nothing happened. No beasts jumped out at them, no guards came, Nightmare moon didn't try to take over Equestria again and none of the remaining elements had been activated.

"Ughhhh! Why isn't anything happening???" Twilight screamed, she was on her back, looking at the trees "Why is Nightmare moon waiting??? She has already gained enough power to take on Princess Cadence!!!"

"You want her to attack Princess Cadence?" Pinkie Pie's voice came from her right

"N-no, but, Nightmare moon should be strong enough by now, so, why is she wasting her time playing with us? What's her plan?"

"Maybe, she's doing just that." Pinkie Pie suggested

"Huh?"

"Toying with us." Twilight turned her head to look at Pinkie Pie, her mane had deflated, she was sitting still and she wasn't smiling.

"Pinkie, are you alright?"

"I'm fine Twi, I just, I-I miss Dashie." A tear threatened to roll down her cheek, "She was my bestist friend. She'd always help me, no matter what. A-and now, she's gone. Everything's so dull without her, both in the metaphorical sense and the literal sense." Pinkie cracked a small smile at her own joke, "Nightmare moon took her from us, a-and now, she's playing with us, rubbing her victory in our faces. She's holding back to make us feel like we're ok. But in reality, we're not." Pinkie sniffed, and shed a few tears.

"I'ts okay, Pinkie. We all miss Rainbow Dash. When all this is over, you can throw a party in honor of her, okay?" Twilight said, Pinkie smiled

"Yeh, Dashie would love that."

"And you can make it as colourful as she was."

"Yeh! Thanks Twilight."

"Thank me? I should be the one thanking you."

"Why?"

"Because you gave me the answer I was looking for."

"What's that?"

"That this is all just a game, and all we need to do is play along with it. She probably thinks that we can't use the elements now that Rainbow is gone, so she wont just go now, with her mall army. She'll build it up, thinking that we can't stop her, but, then, BAM! She wont know what hit her."

"Hehehe, You're beginning to sound a bit like me."

"Heh, yeh. Come on, we better get some sleep like the others. I'll wake up Fluttershy, it's her turn to keep watch."

Sometime the next day, after having repeated their usual routine, they finally found something interesting. A maze. At first, they tried to go around it, not wanting to get lost, but they soon found that the wall didn't end, it just kept going. It was like being back in the dream dome. They all headed back to the entrance and Rarity, as usual, found something 'simply dreadful' about the design, which lead to Twilight finding some instructions for the maze.
The instructions read-

Dear whomever finds this wonderful maze,
This challenge shall determine who can pass through to continue their path, and who will suffer here forever.
But, this is no ordinary maze, and as such, there are no ordinary rules,
1.NO CLIMBING OVER THE WALLS! This will automatically mean you fail and you will spend the rest of your eternity, and anypony else's whom you enter with, here, never able to leave.
2.NO MAGIC OR WINGS! Any creature with magical abilities or wings will have these things removed as you enter.
3.That includes you Applejack.
4.TO COMPLETE THE MAZE, YOU MUST FIND THE CENTER, PICK UP THE BLUE ORB AND TAKE IT WITH YOU TO THE END. Failure to do so will doom your existence to this maze.
5.NO TAKING THESE INSTRUCTIONS WITH YOU. Don't even try.
6.AT THE END, TO FULLY ESCAPE, YOU SAY THE NAME OF WHO CREATED THIS MAZE OUT LOUD, ALTOGETHER, 10 TIMES. Here's a hint, I am chaos.
7.Oh, and, watch out for the flying pigs.

"Flying Pigs? What's that gotta do with a maze?" Applejack asked

"And how did they know that you have super powers Applejack? Did you tell them? Are you secretly a spy, working for the enemy?" Pinkie Pie bombarded her with questions

"No, Ah ain't" Applejack said with an annoyed sigh

"Umm, how are we going to get through the maze Twilight?" Fluttershy asked

"Just like any other maze, but, without our magic, or wings."

"Like an Earth pony would darling. They don't need any magic to do things with style, so why should we?" Rarity said

"Why is everythin' all 'bout fashion with ya Rarity?"

"It doesn't hurt to look good sometimes."

"Yeh, Ah think we both hold differin' opinions on the definition o' sometimes."

"Rarity's right girls, and Paul.-" Twilight said, before Rarity could retort

"Umm, I'm a guy." Night Waker started to say, but was ignored

"-And, anyway Fluttershy, you're a pegasus, so, even without your wings, you would still have the best sense of direction out of us all."

"O-okay Twilight."

"Right girls, and Paul, and Night Walker, are we ready for this?" Twilight asked

"Darn Tootin'!"

"Of course!"

"YEPEROONIE!"

"CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS-READY!"

"Umm, not really, if that's okay, but if you want me to be, then, that's okay as well"

"Raw"

"D-do I have to have a special word that I shout whenever I'm ready? O-or what?"

"Then let's do this!" Twilight yelled and everypony, and timberwolf stomped one hoof/paw into the maze at the exact same time.

Unfortunately, the maze seemed to have a life of it's own, and separated the friends with walls. Everypony screamed. Paul howled.

"OK Guys! Calm down! We can get through this on our own. Right?" Twilight asked after most of the screaming had calmed down. When everyone gave their approval, Twilight said "Right, we'll all meet in the middle, and continue from there, we won't go anywhere, unless everyone makes it to the middle, okay?"

"Sound's like a plan ta me!" Applejack stated before galloping off, the others quickly followed suit, finding their own paths to travel along.

PreviousChapters Next