• Published 27th Jul 2016
  • 679 Views, 15 Comments

Truths of a prophecy - Cookiedash



Before the Princesses, the Chaos brought havoc on equestria, there was no harmony and the land was being destroyed. The ponies only hope was to seek an ancient prophet deep in the woods. Now, after thousands of years, the Chaos is back.

  • ...
1
 15
 679

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 34

"I c-can't b-b-beleiv-ve Dash-shie's gone." Pinkie choked out. Her mane was flat and she was bawling her eyes out. Applejack sat next to her, patting her on the back. Rarity sat opposite, gently rubbing Fluttershy's back, and Twilight sat next to Rarity, calming Paul.

"I-it's all. my. fault!" Fluttershy sobbed "If I hadn't been so careless and lost track o-of my f-flying, then Rainbow w-wouldn't b-be g-g-one!"

"Shh Fluttershy dear, it was nopony's fault, Rainbow gave her life to save you. Though I do think that Applejack could have created a portal to here before, it would have saved so much time, and Rainbow Dash."

"Oh, so now yer pinnin' th' blame on me. Ah thought ya said yer weren' blamin' anypony."

"Well if you had made the portal sooner."

"It takes a lot o' energy ta create a portal. An' anyway, ahm still new ta this portal thing. It ain't mah fault."

"Well maybe if you had at least tried."

"Girls! It's nopony's fault. Stop arguing. Yes, Rainbow is gone, but we can't dwell on that now. She wouldn't want us to. She would want us to continue our mission and save Equestria from Nightmare moon." Fluttershy shouted, having stopped crying.

"Yeh, yer right Flutters, sorry Rares."

"I'm sorry too Applejack." Rarity replied, stiffly.

"Alright girls, and Paul. We need to get moving. We can morn for Dash later. Right now, we need to stop Nightmare moon." Twilight said, getting up.

"Twi's right. We gotta save dem fillies. Though how we're gonna tell Scootaloo 'bout wut happened..."

"We'll get to that when it comes. Come on guys, we have to get going, otherwise Nightmare moon will become too strong for us to handle."

"B-but how are we going to defeat her? Without Dashie, we can't use the elements." Pinkie said. That burst Twilight's bubble.

"Oh no... What are we going to do?"

"Way ta go Pinkie"

"What? Somepony had to say it."

"This is bad, this is really, really bad."

"Well, ya could have put it on 'er gently"

"How was I supposed to do that?"

"I must agree with Applejack, you could have said something a bit more...refined." Rarity added

"what are we gonna do? We'll have to find a replacement..."

"Oh, so now you're against me as well? What did you say? Were you the one to realize that we couldn't use the elements without Dashie?"

"Ocubutchku. Don't accuse me of being so crude, that I'd forget about Rainbow Dash."

"Nopony could forgit Rainbow, what with all her boastin' an all. Darn gal wus always gittin' inta trouble."

"....We'll have to find somepony to take her element. But what if the element doesn't take somepony else? Oh we're totally screwed. Please Princess, come back! Help me!..."

"You're all remembering Dashie for the wrong reasons. Yes, she was a bit arrogant, but what she said was true! And often, she'd be better than what she said!"

"That gal wus always slackin' off. Always, 'Ah'll do it in a second' er 'Ah'll be there in a snap' an then' she'd neva do it! She'd always fergit er lose track o' th' time!"

"Or nap. I don't see how anypony but foals could nap that long. It's almost as if she is a foal."

"..create a magical Rainbow Dash,or revive her, maybe we cou..."

"Dashie did a lot of work! Cloud busting really takes it out of you! And I should know! I helped her one time!"

"I don't even know how you could help her, you're just an Earth pony, not a pegasus. You can't touch the clouds, let alone clear them."

"Whut's 'just an Earth pony' supposed ta mean?"

"Nothing other than only pegasi can touch clouds. And even if cloud busting does take a lot out of you, Rainbow Dash can have the sky cleared in '10 seconds flat' as she would say, and then be perfectly fine."

"Dashie is always practicing to become a wonderbolt! Or helping us! She always has time to spend with me!"

"She's never helped me before! Every single time I've asked her, she's always said that's she's too busy."

"Well you always ask at the most awkward times for her, like when a storm is going on and she has to fix it!"

"she never has any time fer me either! Always nappin' on mah trees, but never helpin'!"

"...I could wield her element, maybe by using it, it will bring..."

"Oh yeh! Well when was the last time you helped her?"

"Ah helped her not to long ago. When she needed a place ta crash 'cause she got caught out in tha' storm. Ah don't see her lettin' me stay at hers"

"She lives in the clouds Applejack, you can't stay at hers even if she offered."

"mah point still stands."

"Girls" Fluttershy said, she was standing next to Paul, and they had both been watching the argument, as well as Twilight's pacing.

"...yes, that makes perfect sense..."

"Dashie's still our friend."

"One tha' don' seem ta care fer anypony but herself"

"Hey! Dashie gave her life to save Fluttershy!"

"Ah would'a done it!"

"But you didn't!"

"Girls." Fluttershy said louder

"...Spike will do, he can..."

"Ah was gonna, but unfortunately ah wus holdin' th' portal."

"You could have opened it again after helping Fluttershy"

"How wus ah gonna do tha' if'ah wus all squished like a hedgehog under'a carriage."

"So you only care about whether or not you live? And nopony else? Rainbow gave her life. She didn't care if she was hurt-"

"Girls."

"-She just cared about Fluttershy's well being."

"No, she probably just wanted all the fame and glory. You know how she's always bragging about being the best. It wouldn't surprise me."

"...fect, now I just need to...

"What fame and glory was she going to get!? She's DEA-"

"GIRLS! STOP IT! CALM DOWN!" Fluttershy's voice bellowed "Rainbow is one of the best friends ever! She's the element of LOYALTY for Celestia's sake! Applejack, I have no idea what's going on inside your head but you need to sort it out because you, of all ponies, should know how hard working Rainbow Dash actually is. You are the element of honesty on top of that, so that makes you doubly qualified to know that. Rarity, Rainbow Dash may not have helped you much before, but how well did you actually know her before all of this? Pinkie, I know you're defending Rainbow Dash, and you are right, but, like everypony else, you need to calm down. Rainbow is the element of loyalty, she will come back. Her spirit lives on with us, the elements don't have to inhabit a physical body, all they need is for that element to be present. If we show loyalty towards each other, then it will still work. Twilight, that goes for you too. Stop. Panicking." Everypony looked at Fluttershy in shock, "Umm, I mean, if that's okay with you..."

PreviousChapters Next