• Published 11th Aug 2015
  • 14,202 Views, 5,559 Comments

Melody of the Future - Tatsurou



Megaman X raises an infant Octavia Melody in a world of human, Reploid, and Maverick conflict.

  • ...
42
 5,559
 14,202

PreviousChapters Next
CM: Get Even

Footage plays of X, Zero, Axl, and Octavia as they brutally slaughter the New Type Mavericks of the Jacob Tower incident. This is followed by footage of the group storming Giga City facilities, ending with several video clips taken of the group.

The first was of X declaring, "The Rebellion is working with us."

The second was Octavia. "They thought they had everything under control. They thought wrong."

The third was Zero. "-terminated like any other traitor-"

The screen then cut to Redips, staring out at the viewers worriedly. "The evidence has been gathering for years that the S Rank Hunters X, Zero, and Octavia were growing in power to the point that nothing could stop them. Some feared that they might one day go Maverick themselves and be unstoppable. Those concerns were dismissed as meaningless...but now prove to be true. As can be seen, the Giga City Rebellion was orchestrated by the S Rank Hunters to gain an unassailable base of power through which to accomplish their true goal. No longer content to police the world, they have now decided it is their place to rule it. Before this could come to pass, the Maverick Hunters have acted to take out their base-"

This time the clip that played was Axl. "Central Tower. That's where it all began."

The screen cut back to Redips. "This is a warning and call to all civilians. If you see the S Rank Hunters or any of their Cadre-" Mini-screens showed images of each of those who had teamed up with X and the others in Giga City. "-avoid contact with them and report sightings to the Maverick Hunters immediately. All Maverick Hunters, active and retired, once again we must take down our own. And I call on Repliforce to assist, as there's no telling how much power these...Mavericks can bring to bear.

"And until such time that these terrorists can be brought to justice, I have no choice but to declare Martial Law, for the safety of all civilians."


As the broadcast looped, X slammed his fist into the display. "Dammit!" he snapped as the group huddled in the transport tubes leading back to Maverick Hunter HQ East from Giga City. "Redips has taken everything we did out of context and made us out like the worst monsters the world has ever seen!"

"To be fair, he didn't have to work that hard," Zero pointed out. "We were pretty brutal during the Jacob Tower incident."

"What are we supposed to do now?" Massimo asked as he supported Ferham, her auto-repair systems kicked into overdrive to get her battle ready as fast as possible.

"We have only two choices," Epsilon growled out. "First, we can surrender ourselves and try to win through court of law-"

"And let him get his way?" Octavia snarled out in fury. "He killed my son! I'll rip out his spine and flay him with it before beating him to death with his own skull!"

Scarface' visible eye widened. "I...don't think that's physically possible-"

"He's a Reploid! I'll hack his systems and make it possible!"

"Isn't that playing into his hands, though?" Spider asked worriedly. "I mean, he's trying to paint you as monsters...and that's pretty monstrous..."

Octavia turned a glare on Spider that made him visibly wilt. "I just lost my son...you think I give a damn what the rest of the world thinks right now?"

"Point made!" Spider gasped out fearfully.

"As I was going to say, option two is breaking into Maverick Hunter HQ East, fighting our way to Redips, and finding out why he's smearing you and forcing him to retract it," Epsilon pointed out blandly. "Obviously, we're going to do that."

"Who all is coming?" X asked curiously.

Marino and Cinnamon, both still looking shell shocked and red eyed from tears, stepped forward. Epsilon followed after them. "You all need to go since you're all smeared. I and my Cadre will go as well. Wild Jango has already escaped and is on his way there. Mach Jentra has a new cane, and will be joining us there as well. Incentas is already inside."

"Aile and Nana have set up a spotter base here in the tunnels," Spider added. "They'll support us from here."

"How can you be so calm, Father?" Octavia demanded tearfully. "Axl-"

"Apparently takes a lot after Zero, like we joked about in the past," X interrupted. "He was merged with Tango, and that's state of the art pre-End tech. You really think that explosion was enough to scuff him?"

"But there wasn't a trace-"

A flash of light distracted everyone. "Whoa, that was tingly," Axl said as he staggered a bit, Schrodinger still active. "You okay, Chief?"

"I'll live," Chief R responded. "What hap-"

"Y...you're alive?" Octavia gasped in shock. "Axl..."

"Uh...yeah," Axl pointed out, plainly confused. "The Schrodinger mode has a point-to-point teleportation system with a range of a half mile."

A vein began to throb over Octavia's left eye. "That would have been great to know before I spent the past few hours grieving for your death and planning bloody vengeance on your behalf!"

Axl blinked a few times, subconsciously wrapping his arms around Marino and Cinnamon as they glomped onto him, once more weeping though this time in relief. "...I'm in big trouble, huh?"

Octavia nodded. "As soon as we deal with Redips, you are grounded mister!"

"I'm a full fledged S Rank Hunter!" Axl complained. "I'm too old for you to ground!"

"I'm still your commanding officer, and I can confine you to bed arrest for a month for not disclosing important information in a timely manner!" Octavia snapped back.

"Bed arrest?" Axl asked, confused.

"It means unless you're actively on duty, you stay in your quarters on base on your bed," Zero explained.

"Is he allowed visitors?" Cinnamon asked hopefully.

Octavia glanced from Axl's suddenly nervous expression to Cinnamon's hopeful one and Marino's wickedly eager one. "...we'll see how he performs against Redips."

PreviousChapters Next