• Published 11th Aug 2015
  • 14,202 Views, 5,559 Comments

Melody of the Future - Tatsurou



Megaman X raises an infant Octavia Melody in a world of human, Reploid, and Maverick conflict.

  • ...
42
 5,559
 14,202

PreviousChapters Next
CM: Fixer Upper

Ferham groaned as she crashed painfully hard into the floor at the base of the silo. She was a speed/flight build, definitely not designed with that sort of heavy impact in mind. A part of her mind made an inappropriate comment drawing attention to that as it related to her budding relationship with Massimo, but she mentally countered with the point that she was better adjusted personality wise to being on top anyway.

As she pushed herself somewhat upright, she saw Botos in front of her. "What are...you doing...?"

"Something's wrong with the communications array here," Botos wheezed out, his voice a bit high pitched. "Epsilon sent me with a-"

"Wait, what the hell is wrong with your voice?" Ferham demanded quickly, managing to lean back against the wall as she worked at jump-starting her malfunctioning self-repair systems.

"That brat shot me in the dick!" Botos wheezed.

Ferham burst into laughter for a few brief moments before clutching at her side and wincing in pain. "Hurts to laugh..."

Botos sneered angrily. "Look, Epsilon wants the Supra-Force Metal removed from here. He doesn't want anyone else getting ahold of it."

"It's locked in," Ferham pointed out. "Nobody can...ugh...remove it from the missile without two Cadre keys..."

"I don't question Epsilon," Botos countered. "I'm just following orders."

Ferham frowned angrily. "Fine..." She tried to push herself to her feet. "Get me up there..." She didn't trust Botos, but she certainly wasn't about to disobey an order from Epsilon...once she confirmed it was an order.

"No time!" Botos snapped out, his voice still hilariously high pitched. "With your flight stabilizer fried and one engine shot, you're far too slow. Just gimme your Key!"

"What?" Ferham gasped in shock, her hand instinctively going protectively to the jewel in her belly, both in her armor and her base form. "But it's built into me!" Not only that, to her it was a symbol of her loyalty to Epsilon. She wasn't about to remove it for anyone. And even if she would... "Scarface is the only one with the code to disengage it without damaging my systems!" And Scarface would never share the codes with anyone, even on Epsilon's orders. He was so protective of her as an 'older brother' that he would only remove it himself if necessary. "We'll need to call-"

"Shut up!" Botos snapped angrily, backhanding her into the wall. "Just gimme the key!" Thrusting his arms forward, he plunged the large fingers of his hand into Ferham's armor and flesh, breaching the thin material and gripping the gem before tearing it violently out.

Ferham hadn't even had it in her to scream in pain as she collapsed backwards, clutching at her belly and feeling violated in the worst possible way. "You...bastard..." she stammered out, tears in her eyes.

Botos laughed cruelly as he held the gem close, it glowing in response to the one in his belt, his Cadre Key. "Oh cry me a ri-" His voice ended as a flash of light swept through his entire body, causing him to fall to pieces.

A black suited figure stepped over the pieces, bending over to pick up the dropped Cadre Key. "So that's where his is," the figure murmured in a voice Ferham instantly recognized. "I was waiting to find that out." Extending his other empty hand, he tore Botos' Key out of his belt.

Ferham stared in shock. "S...Spider?" she gasped in disbelief. Was...was she being betrayed? Was the Rebellion being betrayed? Was this on Octavia's orders?

Spider smirked as he drew a glowing card. "Say goodnight, Princess," he joked as he shifted his fingers to throw...only to pause, tilting his head. "Whoops, out of time." With that, he held both gems in his hands and leapt upward, seeming to vanish.

"FERHAM!" Massimo cried out worriedly, rushing up to her side. "Are you alright? Injured? Damaged? Cinnamon, hurry over and see if you can fix her up-"

"No time!" Ferham gasped out through her pain. "He's got the keys! He's going after the Supra-Force Metal in the warhead!"

"He who?" Octavia asked insistently as Zero merged with Timbre and shot straight up the silo.

"S...Spider..." Ferham managed to gasp out before she blacked out.

"What?" Massimo demanded angrily. "Spider did this to her?"

"Calm down!" Octavia snapped out, her voice cutting through Massimo's rage. "Someone damaged her engine, making her crash," she explained calmly. "From the looks of things, Botos ripped out her Cadre Key, which did the majority of the damage here. Then someone killed Botos and took both Keys...someone Ferham identified as Spider."

"Identified as?" Axl asked curiously. "Then you don't think it was him?"

"But how could she mistake him?" Marino inquired. "He's got a pretty distinct appearance...and she knows him pretty well."

"Remember where we are, and what was developed here," Octavia pointed out, glancing towards Axl.

Zero swooped back down, cursing as Timbre broke off. "We've got a rogue New Type Reploid impersonating Spider, and he got away with the Supra-Force Metal warhead!"

"How do you know it wasn't Spider?" Massimo asked curiously.

"He didn't have Mach Jentra's cane with him," Zero explained. "He's coded it as part of his permanent equipment setup, so he'll have it with him at all times. But it's not part of his RDNA."

"So someone using a DNA copy ability wouldn't have it," Axl observed. "So when Spider gets back to base, if he still has the cane as part of his permanent equipment, it wasn't him here."

Massimo carefully scooped the unconscious Ferham up in his arms. "We should bring her back with us," he insisted worriedly. "She's in bad shape..."

"Of course we will," X agreed. "Come on, let's go."

PreviousChapters Next