• Published 11th Aug 2015
  • 14,232 Views, 5,559 Comments

Melody of the Future - Tatsurou



Megaman X raises an infant Octavia Melody in a world of human, Reploid, and Maverick conflict.

  • ...
42
 5,559
 14,232

PreviousChapters Next
CM: Through Fire

Once everyone had returned to the Central Tower, Gaudile was able to boost the transmitter enough to get a signal through to Maverick Hunter HQ from under the Giga City government's suppression net. Unfortunately, the connection still remained incredibly faulty, and all they were able to get was 'Hunter signal...point A6.'

"What's at point A6?" Octavia asked Nana curiously.

Nana quickly gathered the information and displayed it. "Point A6...Ulfat Factory. It's heavily fortified inside an artificial volcano designed to maintain near molten temperatures in the furnaces so that metal can always be at proper forge temperatures. It is presently under control of the Rebellion, and is being used to mass produce Preons and other weapons."

"That's probably what the Hunter signal is about," X observed. "Either Axl or Zero is trying to shut the place down."

"If not both of them?" Massimo suggested hopefully. "It'd be nice to have more allies to help out."

"Either way, we need to get there," Marino stated firmly. "Both to investigate the signal, and shut the place down."

"Then what are we waiting for?" Cinnamon asked eagerly. "Let's go!"


Despite the external structure of Ulfat Factory, the interior corridors looked like any factory anywhere, with plain grey metal all around, bright white lights, and heavy metal doors. As the group moved towards the first set of doors, an alarm started going off. "Attention: Intruder Alert!" the intercom proclaimed loudly. "Attention: Intruder Alert! Intruder has breached facility interior! Strengthening security in all areas!"

"Were we spotted already?" Cinnamon yelped with worry.

"No, this is still the teleport terminal," Marino countered warily. "They said the interior had been penetrated. That alarm came because of someone else."

"Then Zero is here," Octavia concluded firmly.

"How do you figure?" Spider asked curiously.

"Axl's A-Trans lets him take on the shape of any being of similar build he encounters, as long as he can get a sufficient RDNA sample for the program," Octavia explained. "That includes drones. If he were up to something here solo, he'd be relying entirely on it...meaning he'd only get caught if he confronted a boss, in which case the alarm would be calling additional security to a specific point."

"Ergo, the Hunter signal was Zero!" X concluded eagerly. "We need to find him!"

"Right behind you!" Massimo called out eagerly.

As they entered the next large chamber, a strange mechanaloid sat in the center beeping.

"Everyone freeze!" Marino called out urgently.

As everyone held still, the mechanaloid lifted into the air, casting a red glow over the entire chamber until it settled back to the ground."

"Security drone," Marino explained. "When flying, it'll alert security and dispatch Preons to attack us. Not to mention alerting the higher ups that someone's here."

"Then we won't move while the rooms are red," X concluded firmly. "Everyone be careful."

"So...I shouldn't smash it?" Massimo asked curiously, flexing his hands.

"No," Spider insisted firmly. "This is still a stealth mission. That means no evidence we were here."

The group kept moving past the rooms filled with crates and security drones, managing to avoid detection the entire way. As they moved between tall stacks of boxes unmonitored by drones, Octavia decided it was time to try and get to know the two new girls a bit better. "You looked quite a bit different when you...met Axl and I outside the Lab," she offered delicately.

"Well, yeah," Cinnamon agreed happily. "If Dad caught sight of me wandering around, he'd know I was sneaking out. Then he'd worry, freak out, and beef up security so I couldn't. I had to be someone else then."

"Oh?" Marino asked curiously. "You used a different name and everything?"

"Yup!" Cinnamon confirmed proudly. "Sugar!"

"Wasn't that your Mom's name?" Massimo clarified softly.

"Only name I knew no one else would be using," Cinnamon explained. "Course, I didn't want to just be Mom...so I was 'Sweet Baby Sugar'. Worked pretty well." Marino suddenly smirked wickedly. Noticing this, Cinnamon turned to glare at her. "Don't you dare!"

"Oh, I dare," Marino purred challengingly.

"I'm warning you!" Cinnamon growled, clenching her fists.

Marino sauntered away...and then started singing. "I'm Sugar Baby, the real Sugar Baby-"

Cinnamon let out an inarticulate roar of rage as her body flashed with light. When the light faded, her nurse-like armor had been swapped out for what could only be described as a 'jungle look'. A leopard print top hung down from one shoulder, covering both breasts and the FMG access port. A matching loincloth hung to cover her nether regions. Her nurse hat was replaced by cat ears and matching tail with the same fur pattern. With the Kitty Paws equipped, the look was completed with knee high leopard print high heeled boots.(1) Snarling, she lunged for Marino, who leapt away across the boxes...only for Cinnamon to climb right up the side in pursuit.

Octavia whistled appreciatively. "Interesting look for her..."

"W-whoa..." Massimo murmured as he started to lift his head to follow Cinnamon's progress.

Spider quickly jerked the large man's head back down. "She still hasn't gotten her panties back, remember?" he chided. "Be a gentleman." Massimo's face turned bright red.

Marino, for her part, was doing her best to keep out of reach of Cinnamon's claws...especially after seeing her smash one of the large crates with a single blow. Finding herself cornered, she grit her teeth. It looked like she'd have to actually knock some sense back into the girl. Flashing with light, she entered her Quicksilver, hoping that would give her the speed edge if nothing else.

As she reached for her weapons, however, a double bladed scythe spun between them, stopping Cinnamon cold. "Whoa, whoa ladies!" a laid back voice proclaimed warmly. Smirking, Axl stepped into view. "As much as I love a good catfight - especially with a literal cat, meow!" He shot Cinnamon an appreciative, flirtatious wink that made her blush crimson. "This really isn't the place for it."

"Axl!" X called out warmly, glad to see him.

"X! Mom!" Axl called back, waving as he put away his scythe. He gestured to Marino and Cinnamon. "Friends of yours?"

"The blonde in black is Marino, the Thief Queen!" Octavia called back. "The blushing catgirl is Cinnamon, who normally is more of a nurse! Did I get your type right with these two?"

Axl blinked in surprise. "Wait...two?" He glanced nervously between Marino and Cinnamon.

The two girls suddenly glared daggers at each other before each grabbed one of Axl's arms, trapping it between tight grasp and ample cleavage. "I saw him first!" they both snapped out together.

X promptly fell to the floor laughing.



(1) Cinnamon's second Hyper Mode, Wild Cat. While this form decreases Max LE while active, it doubles WE Gain and evade, while greatly increasing Power and Speed. Fire and Lightning Element Resist is doubled, while Ice Resist is halved. Secondary weapon slots become Challenge (renders target berzerk, only targets Cinnamon when attacking) and Distract (chance to make target lose their turn). Action Trigger becomes 'Frenzied Chain', which works like Zero's Command Arts.
...original content.

PreviousChapters Next