• Published 2nd Aug 2015
  • 770 Views, 50 Comments

Bold Heart: My OC Story - Buckeye49



A 22 year old man from Earth dropped into Equestria, when he arrived he wanted home, that could not happen so he wanted a life better than at home, but will it work out???

  • ...
20
 50
 770

Chapter 5: Headache and Heartache

I could not sleep...although I had taken some drugs thoughtfully placed in a Medicine Cabinet in the bathroom it was doing very little to easy my discomfort....I was afraid now that in the morning I would be unwell and this could trap me in a situation I could not escape unless I came clean about why I was unwell I thought as I laid there tossing & turning trying to near in vain sleep peacefully; another fear was since Luna watched over dreams....my deepest fear was her discovering the feelings for her that she knew I had.......but had little knowledge of how much my love for her was, and how deep the love ran in my now damaged if not broken heart....."Bold Heart"....HA!! try "Broken Heart" or "Baby Heart".....Bold Heart was slowing losing the purpose for which I chose that name......~Oh how is God looking at me now.....or what would Luna say if she saw me like this....and/or knew how much I thought of her......either way...I am wearing a mask...that is either poorly working....or is slowly failing to cover the lie I am telling....."I am not jealous of Cielo....."....HA!!~. The night seemed to drag but eventually I was out....soon I was dreaming.

(Dream):
~weird~...I find myself walking through Canterlot, as I walked through the halls I then found myself in the garden.....just a walk through...I cautiously looked to see, if "she" was here or nearby.....my nerves were on edge...but I continued to walk through the garden. In addition I was human again...not the form I had taken on, it was interesting but somewhat expected since I AM human ergo I would be one in my dreams....things were surprisingly peaceful...I had not a care in the world, despite my rough start I was dreaming in contentedness....*eyes watching from out of sight*

(Dream End):

I awoke when my alarm went off, it was 8:30AM; before we were to leave I and the group were told that we would be treated to breakfast before we departed for Ponyville on the 11:30 train. I then made my way down to eat...though I was slightly not in any mood to eat.....but....part of me was in the mood...so my hungry side won out.....

"Hmm...wonder why Heart is taking a while?" Celestia asked while nibbling on some toast.

"Perhaps he ate too much late night so he is slow to arise" Luna chuckled eating cereal.

"Still....I wonder why he left so suddenly...." Celestia added.

"Not sure.....I would think he had a lot to eat last night" Luna summarized taking then another spoon full.

~For certainly he was dreaming peacefully....very peacefully...why the Garden?....curious also how he was human....a rather....handsome one......*blushes* Even as a human he is most attractive....what am I thinking!! Thou art not single!!....*sad sigh*...but he is.....~

"I don't know...I felt it was something else" Twilight answered back at Luna.

"Like what?" Luna inquired, "Unsure....I just felt it was not eating too much...." Twilight stated.

"A puzzle that should be answered with care, and tact....but I'd rather not put him on the spot...lest it be something personal" Celestia stated.

*door opens* "Hello everypony" I said putting on a hopefully convincing smile.

"Hello Heart, sleep well?" Celestia asked warmly.

"Yes...I think I slept pretty well" I lied.

"Well that is good; anything catch your liking?" Celestia asked in addition pointing at the spread.

"Hmm....I will think on it....I am not one for eating early...it does not agree with me" I said taking a seat next to Rarity and Applejack, Twilight was in between the Princesses.

"How so?" Luna asked.

"Never knew...it just does not" I replied then making my choice and began eating.

The breakfast continued with light chatter and small talk, as I ate I could not help but Twilight looking at me, I decided to ignore her but from a subtle glance up she kept looking at me every-so-often, during the breakfast's conclusion I continued to notice Twilight looking at me....something was up......

"So...Heart...since you are looking for a job & all, for a edge strength-wise how 'bout workin' at Sweet Apple Acres?" AJ suggested.

"I think I would like that...build my strength and a beginning income perhaps?" I said positively.

"Sure, why not?" AJ replied chiming.

"Excellent! That solves the one task, now when ready we can have you arrange a starting date for your training" Celestia said beaming.

"I would give him some time to establish himself 1st, then start training" Luna suggested.

"Very well, then he shall build his income, then a home of his own before training so he does not live with Twilight the whole time*chuckle*" Celestia stated.

"Until he finds a home I will not mind, like we agreed during dinner last night" Twilight said.

"That is good but I would still not want him to impede" Celestia said.

"I know, but it will be no trouble" Twilight insisted.

"Very well Twilight; Bold Heart will all this do?" Celestia asked.

"I think it is fair" I replied.

"Good! Then it is settled officially" Celestia added. With breakfast over we soon made our way to the station....with BOTH Princesses escorting the group to see them and me off, the sight was unusual but somewhat common...especially with heroes of Equestria & Equus; soon we arrived due to the station being so close by.

At the train station the Heads-of-State bid us farewell, although....it was not what I wanted to have them do upon leaving Canterlot....having Luna saying goodbye was not the thing I wanted last to see of the capital city...for obvious reasons.....the train rolled along, I still loved the trains here...despite the ill feeling of heartbreak....my "stupor" was broken by Rarity.

"Darling? You have been quiet for a while...." she said kindly.

"I just wanted to enjoy the ride that is all" I said maintaining my demeanor calm and easy.

"Are you sure? You seem...lost in thought dear" Rarity said looking suspicious.

"I am sure I am fine" I said maintaining the calmness I had.

"Heart.....come with me, please" Rarity said in firm tone.

"*sigh* I will play along...." I said reluctantly.

I then arose to follow Rarity to a more "private" part of the car to talk, all the while I was nervous...had she found about me being unhappy? I was sweating bullets.....~Well crap....I am having a Jedi sense on this~

"What is really up Bold Heart?" Rarity in a suspicious tone.

"What do you mean Rarity? I told you I am fine...." I said getting irritated, ~SCHIST!! I think she is on to me!!~

"Dear....you are lying, I and a mare can tell when a stallion is lying, especially when said stallion is in pain; you think we miss things...but we only miss little, and I am telling you, you are hurting....answer me Heart....." Rarity said in a interrogating tone.

"What do you want me to say?" I asked annoyed.

"The truth" ~Damn she is good~ "I see....well the truth is I am fine and you are getting pretty nosy Rarity" I said having enough.

"*stammers*" ~But I'm better....~ I thought.

"Very well....have it your way...I tried to be nice to you as I have but if you are unwell later.....do not come to me for comfort....unless you apologize for your insult" Rarity said with a huff before storming off.

"I did not insult you...I was making an observation" I defended.

"Whatever" Rarity shot back, ~Oh boy....now Rarity is mad at me.....~ I grimaced.

After I let Rarity go ahead I followed back to where we were, ~Dodged a bullet there Edwards....~ I thought upon taking my seat Rarity huffed indignantly sticking her nose in the air.

"What's wrong Rarity?" Twilight asked.

"Nothing" Rarity snapped.

"You sure?" Twilight asked raising an eyebrow.

"YES, I am sure" Rarity emphasized.

"Bold Heart what happened? What did you say?" Twilight said with a knowing look.

"I said she was being nosy when asking me something" I replied looking at her only.

"What was she asking?" Twilight asked nicely.

"Asking if something was wrong only to tell her there was nothing wrong" I responded.

"I see..." Twilight said thinking as she looked at Rarity.

"Well Rarity if he said he was fine then he is fine" Twilight said kindly.

"Says the mare who thought Heart was unwell during breakfast?" Rarity quipped.

"I know that Rarity, but he was fine when he ate breakfast with us this morning, so no need to ask anymore" Twilight replied coolly.

"Twilight....a mare knows things...and I know that Heart is troubled" Rarity protested.

"How so?" Twilight asked cocking her head.

"He seems like he has been disappointed, like he had his heart broken while he & Luna were talking before we left Canterlot" Rarity said now looking at Twilight.

"I think yer looking into a very personal thing there Rare" AJ spoke up.

"Yeah Rarity ease up, if something is going on he will tell when he tells us" Rainbow stated, ~THANK you Rainbow Dash & AJ!!~

"I suppose....I was just being compassionate" Rarity defended.

"I greatly appreciate the gesture Rarity" I spoke up,

"You are welcome Heart....I apologize for getting into a argument like that...." Rarity then said calming down.

"I too apologize for snipping at you" I said genuinely.

"Thank you" Rarity said.

"Thank you as well Rarity" I replied.

The train kept rolling along smoothly, the ride was nice and soon Ponyville was in view as the train whistled into the station. God I love Steam Locomotives!! The train finally made it to Ponyville and we began our departure from the train.

"So AJ when do I start work?"

"You can start when you are ready okay Sugar-cube?" AJ said warmly.

"Okay AJ, I think tomorrow sounds good, what time?"

"9:30AM sounds 'bout right"

"I think that works, I can get a small bite then work"

"That sounds good, unless I can if you would like provide breakfast or Lunch rather?"

"Sure, I would love that"

"Great!" Aj replied; we then left the train at around 1:30PM, a rather quick sprint from Canterlot not bad....I am happy to be back, but....I could not help but look back toward the Equestrian capital. Soon I was walking back to Twilight's castle...lunch was going to soon come up so we did small things before then we left to have lunch,

*The Hayburger*

"Mmm...good stuff here" I said mouth partially full.

"I know right? I always loved the food here." Twilight said also partially full mouthed.

"Eh....shouldn't you show some manners Twilight?" Rarity said looking a little appalled.

"Oops....*nervous chuckle & blushing* Sorry Rarity..." Twilight says wiping her mouth with a napkin.

"So...what are you doing for today Heart?" Rainbow asked.

"Not sure....tour the town more maybe" I answered eating some Hay-Fries.

"I would think that is a wonderful idea!" Rarity chimed.

"Yeah sure! I can go with that" RD said taking a bite of her food.

"Could we perhaps choose the Spa for a start?" Fluttershy uttered.

"Of Course!! The Spa! A great start of our Ponyville tour!! Excellent suggestion Fluttershy!" Rarity beamed, causing Fluttershy to blush as a result.

"Hmm....I think that could be something...never been to a Spa before..." I said thinking about the idea.

"Really?!" Rarity spoke up again looking like she would have a stroke.

"Don't you have Spa's where your from?"

"I bet there was somewhere near my home but I just never went to one" I answered looking a little surprised by Rarity's outburst.

"Well! I shall make sure that your first time makes the best impression" Rarity said.

"Eh....I am not one for the Spa....I will wait outside during that" RD said looking disinterested.

"I think I will do the same...y'all do that while RD and I wait" AJ stated.

"Oh come now girls, don't be that way...." Rarity said looking disappointed.

"It is okay Rarity, if they wish to abstain, then let them" I said as a compromise.

"*sigh* very well..." Rarity conceded, "So then it is settled, The Spa!" Twilight announced to the group.

TO BE CONTINUED.