• Published 2nd Aug 2015
  • 770 Views, 50 Comments

Bold Heart: My OC Story - Buckeye49



A 22 year old man from Earth dropped into Equestria, when he arrived he wanted home, that could not happen so he wanted a life better than at home, but will it work out???

  • ...
20
 50
 770

Chapter 15: A house not just divided

Author's Note:

*Author's note: things may get dark and/or a little sad from time to time, sorry in advance for the directions this goes..
Also, how would you handle having your hopes of love being smashed? How would you handle eventually coming to grips with that the one you loved can never be yours??

I awake the next day...boy am I in a foul mood....last night's events will most likely cause me grief later if not during breakfast....I feel that as I speak Luna is blubbering her account of visiting my dream....and how Celestia may grill me in an angry letter damning me for upsetting Luna and treating her the way I did, but now I was more interested in what this Tuesday had in store...though I was less than jovial. I came to breakfast when I again had Twilight ask how I slept...I lied about last night and she bought it...thankfully...I was in no mood to explain the events that upset last night's sleep. Soon I was off to work again at Apple Acres again and I worked hard despite being heavily distracted by my anger about last night...things seem to be going well though Aj looked at me weird when I bucked trees and she even said something which was.

"Whoa thare partner...just kick the tree don't try to knock it over..." she said in a calming tone.

"Sorry....just fighting of sleep..." I lied.

"Oh, okay thare Heart...just take it easy okay?"

"Sure thing Aj" I said kindly, soon we I continued without incidence...a close call. Soon I left work and headed off....I headed to the spa to perhaps remove the stress that was bothering me....upon arriving Lotus greeted me again and she was cheerful.

"Hello Bold Heartz" she cooed happily.

"Oh heloo Lotus..." I said sounding tired yet in thought.

"Long day?" she asked kindly.

"Yes it has..." I said honestly.

"Well then, let us take of dat" Lotus said confidently as she lead me into the spa.

"First a massage" she said firstly as I got atop the bed.

"Now...as I work, anyzing you wish to talk about?" she asked as her hooves did there magic.

"Well...another thing to keep between us until further notice..." I said in a soft tone.

"Oh? What iz dat?" she asked curiously.

"*sigh*...you know how Luna visits ponies who have bad dreams?" I asked rhetorically.

"Yes?...Did she visit you?"

"She did...only...our meet was not so pleasant...."

"What!?..." she asked in a high whisper.

"Yes...apparently she felt I was not taking the concept of her having a coltfriend well and she then wanted to tell me to get over it and not let this denial or rather slow acceptance to get to me...I however did not receive the order well and got bitter and cold about it and as a result....I spurned her harshly....as in I accepted I could never date her and took it perhaps...too far..."

"Oh my......how did you take it to far?" Lotus asked.

"I said I will no longer have a place for her in my heart and that....*sigh*....she had no more romantic value to me and because of that, I all but decided to....." I stalled while speaking.

"Decided to do...what?..." she asked concernedly.

"*sigh*....I all but basically gave her the cold shoulder and said something to the effect of, 'I do not want anything to do with you'" I said angrily yet with guilt resulting in Lotus gasping.

"You did what!?" she asked in shock.

"I got angry at Luna and said I will not love her romantically...what more is there?..." I asked almost irritated in tone.

"Oh...sorry...but that is awful...to talk that way to the Princess?" she said sounding like she thought I committed treason.

"I was angry...I had my heart shattered...I did not care! I did care that she was upset at my sadness....or that I made her cry...." I said in a huff.

"YOU MADE LUNA CRY???" she said really sounding scared.

"Yes, I did....but she hurt me!" I said angrily.

"How did she hurt you?....She had a coltfriend...you didn't know, so it's all fair...she is innocent..." Lotus reasoned sternly, I was internally livid...steaming even...I was an inferno of rage on the inside.....she was right...but she did not know that I was not from Equestria...or Equus for that matter!! That only made it worse....much worse......

"Be-as-it-may.....it does not matter.....any further understanding of love, romance, and general intimacy is dead....I do not know what love is anymore..." I said seething yet in a heavily defeated tone in which I also just went limp on the bed...like I died right there.

As I lay there tears streamed from my eyes....this is where now...it was Lotus' turn to comfort me like I did for her when we met.

"Don't do zat...." she said firmly as she rested her head on mine rubbing my back,

"Don't qvit on love Bold Heart, anyzing but dat..." she said in a half order half beg.

"Why?..." I asked predicting an answer I would not believe though I wanted to.

"Because love....is a precious and valuable things....priceless compared to anyzing in Equus, it is a sacred and blessed thing...." Lotus said like in a speech.

"Uh huh...consider me too poor to get it...." I said bitterly.

"How so?..." she asked in a challenging way.

"I had an experience...I will not go into details....but it did not go well...." I said slowly recovering from my anger.

"Uh huh....so because of one experience you judge yourself because of it?" she asked incredulously.

"Yes...because in all honesty....love is more trouble to me than it is worth....I do not want the stress and pain anymore....no more...." I said in a hurting tone.

"I thought the same Heart...then I met Bronze...give it time..." she said caringly.

"No promises...." I said.

"Zat is better than notzing" she said warmly,

"Sure..." I said softly; soon the session ended and I paid her for the job, I then sat in the bathing tub there for a bit....I just sat in thought....I felt like I did not want to move....I then eventually left and wandered aimlessly in all honesty...I had no idea where I was going, and I almost did not care either...talk about lost....I was just....lost.

I am not sure how long I wandered but I soon found myself back at....Rarity's...I for some reason found myself at Rarity's boutique...I guess...it was because...I then knocked on her door.

"Coming!~" she sang as she did, the door soon opened.

"Ah! Bolt Heart dahrling!" she cooed, "How are you toda-?...." she paused mid-sentence and then said.

"Uh...Heart dear...you alright?" she asked.

"*sniffle* No....." I nearly sobbed.

"Oh~...what is the matter dear? Please come in..." she invited comfortingly, I simply entered her house and fell on the nearest furniture.

"What happen darling?" she asked caringly, I paused for a bit...but before I could speak Rarity spoke first.

"Before you speak just calm down...let me get you something" she stated before leaving for a bit leaving me where I was, soon she came back with some tea and offered it, I declined and she sat down.

"Okay darling, calm down...it's alright sweetie...now tell me what's wrong" she said calmly and compassionately, I paused again then after shudder-sighing said weeping.

"I am dying Rarity...."

"How so?...." she asked intently though I knew she was not taking what I said literally.

"I am dying...from grief...and heartbreak..." I croaked in pain with tears free falling from my eyes.

"Oh Heart sweetie...." she said caringly getting up to sit with me then began to stroke me from my head to my middle-back and repeated,

"What did you dream about now?..." she asked in a motherly tone.

"I had a dream...then Luna visited me...I was told by her to give up on my feelings for her and I snapped....snapped by giving her the cold-shoulder and said something to the effect of 'I want nothing to do with you'" I said sobbing.

"Oh dear...." she said sounding concerned.

"I think Celestia will have my head....and Luna may let me have it as well" I wept.

"I am not sure about that darling..." she said soothing.

"How do you know?" I asked in retort.

"We know them remember?...I am sure they would be understanding..." Rarity reasoned.

"I made Luna cry Rarity..." I deadpanned.

"You...what???" she asked surprised.

"You heard me..." I simply said staring out.

"Oh dear...I see why you are concerned..." she said nervously.

"What happened to knowing the Princesses??" I asked bluntly.

"We do...and I know it may seem hard to believe but, I assure you Celestia & Luna will believe and understand your anger...despite Luna being upset-ted..." Rarity said assuringly, though I was hard pressed to believe it.

"If wrong, consequences be damned will you come to my grave and visit?" I said in a pleading tone.

"I promise...." she swore.

"Good....and....thank you again Rarity..." I said with a grateful smile.

"You're welcome Heart dear" Rarity said smiling in return.

"Now what? You do have an idea why I came to you and not Twilight right?" I asked, Rarity giggled slightly then answered.

"Yes Heart, I know very well why you visited me" she said knowingly.

"You were wise to, for I think Twilight would if I know her she would've wrote to Celestia begging her not to punish you and she also may have chewed you out herself about it...." she joked dryly in which I chuckled dryly in reply.

"She would have will she?...." I said dryly.

"Yes...she may still do just that...which is why I will join you on your return home" Rarity said comfortingly.

"Thank you Rarity, I would love that..."

"Of course! I am your friend too.." she said patting me on my back while I still laid down.

"I know...and I am grateful for it" I said warmly as I sat up and hugged her.

We soon left but not until I helped myself to some tea after-all...and it helped alot, soon we arrived and Twilight answered.

"Heart-....Rarity?" Twilight replied looking perplexed,

"Hello Twilight dear, I came over so that Heart and I can speak with you" Rarity chimed as she moved a little in front of me.

"What is it? Another dream?....*sigh* You lied to me this morning, didn't you?" Twilight asked sounding disappointed.

"*sigh* Yes...I did...I have a reason" I said firmly.

"You had better..." Twilight retorted not harshly but in a tone one would make when asking honesty out of love not accusation.

"I do....let us get inside first" I suggested in which Twilight agreed and we entered.

"I will tell you in the 'Living room'" I said as we walked.

"Very well" Twilight agreed though she sounded a little annoyed, we soon reached our destination and after getting comfortable I spoke my dream...there were moments Rarity had to step in, then after it was done Twilight sat for a moment and then spoke saying.

"You do know you will have to talk about this with the Princesses sooner or later...I know you did with Luna Heart...but you know you cannot do this...I know you are hurt, but you cannot leave Luna like that after a talk like that....that is not how friends act...." Twilight said in a tone one would use for a child.

"Have you had your heart broken Twilight?...Had love blow up in your face before it even gave you a chance?" I asked in a low tone.

"No, I have not" Twilight answered quickly.

"Then how would you know what it is like?....To have a chance at love practically thrown at you, only for that hope to die before it even gains traction?!" I snapped.

"Easy darling...you know we get it.....especially me..." Rarity said trying to calm me down.

"I know Rarity...I know....*sigh*....can you break the tension by writing Celestia and/or Luna first Twilight?..." I asked sounding a little timid.

"*sigh*....Yes, I will do that" Twilight said relenting.

"Thank you..." I said sounding relieved.

"Of course Heart..." Twilight replied sounding softer in her tone, she then began to write her letter...within a short while she had the letter sent with a spell she learned from Celestia, one of which she said she only uses when Spike was not around...naturally, Spike was on a play-date with Sweetie Bell today. With in a short time a letter was sent back, it came from Celestia.....

*****Canterlot: This morning: Celestia*****

I was eating breakfast, this time a bowl of warm Oatmeal, another good meal choice for morning, as I ate Luna entered, "Hello Luna how did you-..." my words died in my mouth as I looked upon my sister...she looked terrible....she had her mane in knots and her eyes were red and puffy, she looked like she had been upset, she even had bags under eyes....

"Luna?...What happened??" I asked concerned...I prayed that it was not something awful...I asked my sister to put Bold Heart's mind at ease and to gently bring him down from his disappointment of not being able to court her....I prayed that this did not turn ugly, I may not have that prayer answered.

"Tia....*sniffle*" Luna croaked.

"What happened??" I asked sounding alarmed.

"B-b-..." she sputtered,

"Bold Heart?..." I asked sounding a mix between upset and another feeling I cannot describe...

"Y-yes..." Luna squeaked, "H-he was...so...angry...so hurt...so....b-bitter...." Luna said weakly, though I could hear it loud and clear.

"Is that so?...." I said calmly though I was actually disappointed and concerned.

"Yes...I can still hear his voice...the words he said....and...t-the anger in his tone..." Luna said as in a disturbed tone.

"I see....well I hope he changes his attitude...for this kind of behavior is not tolerated in the Guard..." I stated bluntly.

"I know that sister...I shared a similar stance on this as well...he was...less than graceful..." Luna said more strongly.

"Let me tell you what happened" Luna said in addition, Luna did as she said and upon finishing left me stunned, "It is worse than I thought....to say he is depressed is an understatement.....angry would be putting it lightly....I need to be tactful here with him" I said.

Luna I feel she may have not been as tactful as I thought she would be...she was always straightforward...too much so at times,

"I have tried that..." Luna retorted.

"Yes but...your version of tact is often too blunt Luna...no offense..." I said in kind reply.

"*sigh* I have been working on that, truly..." Luna said softly.

"I know Lu, I know" I said tenderly as I nuzzled her affectionately.

"I will talk with him...I will make it a priority to do so" I said in addition.

"Thank you Tia..." Luna said smiling a little.

"You're welcome; now...how about breakfast?" I asked kindly.

"I would love that" Luna replied more cheerfully, we then ate breakfast together.

*****Canterlot: This afternoon: Celestia*****

I was in my Throne Room taking care of the day's paperwork and the like as well as preparations for the upcoming Gala, it was then a scroll appeared, it was from Twilight..."Ah, I wonder what Twilight has to say?" I asked myself cheerfully, I always loved a letter from Twilight...reminds me of the days before she became a princess.

"What does this have to-...." I froze mid-sentence as I read...it was about Bold Heart, the letter said this,

"Dear Princess Celestia, I am writing to you about Bold Heart in regards toward his actions and attitude when visited by your sister Luna in his dreams last night, I write you because Heart was too afraid to write or rather face you himself because he fears you may have him severely punished because of it; because of this he extends his apologizes and deep regret about his behavior with Luna, he is genuinely sorry and he though he does not show it, he is understanding that he should not have gotten as angry as he did at Luna and he wanted to see through this letter how you feel about what Luna may have told you when you saw her....I and Heart patiently await your reply. faithfully yours, Twilight Sparkle." "I see...." I said brooding on the letter for a moment.

"I had better reply then shall I?" I mused, then I started to write.

**Ponyville: Twilight's castle: Twilight**

With in a short time a letter was sent back, it came from Celestia...

"My dearest Twilight, I have received and read your letter with great interest and have for you my reply, you wrote to me on Bold Heart's behalf and I read what he had to say and understand his concerns about my thoughts on his talk with Luna...while his fear of my retribution is false and groundless, his idea of punishment is only half true...because the attitude he displayed when my sister spoke with him was less than ideal, his starting date as a Royal Guard has been postponed to next week on Thursday not this coming Thursday, in addition I shall have a word with him as well, he is to come to Canterlot this Thursday for my discussion with him; please inform him I wish to show no anger or harshness toward him...this is important you tell him this...though he is in trouble, it is not as severe as he thinks...send my regards and my compassion to Heart and I hope to see him soon. Respectfully yours, Princess Celestia."

"Well at least Celestia is not going to, 'have your head'" Twilight chuckled awkwardly.

"Yes...and she wants a talk..." I said dryly.

"Did you hear what she said darling? She is not going to yell or be angry with you...she just wants a talk...." Rarity said comfortingly.

"I heard...just the idea....I understand postponing my service as a Guard...." I said solemnly.

"Well it was better than you thought...." Twilight remarked.

"It is...it is...." I replied.

"Well I should tell Aj that I will be in Canterlot Thursday for something other than being a guard...." I said in a low tone.

"I am a pathetic emotional wreak..." I sighed in defeat.

"We don't think that..." Rarity said kindly.

"I know you do not...it is myself that has to be convinced...." I said glumly.

"We know Heart...you just need time..." Twilight said caringly.

"I hope time is on my side...." I said in retort.

"It is Heart...it is." Rarity said confidently, I simply smiled in reply.

"So Rarity? You doing anything later this evening?" Twilight asked.

"Actually I am not...I would not mind having dinner with you"

"Great! I am happy you will be staying" Twilight said.

"If Spike comes back he may like that as well" I said chuckling.

"Perhaps...*giggles* there's your humor!" Rarity said warmly.

"Ha...thank you..." I replied shyly.

"Anytime..." Rarity replied; we soon calmed down and Rarity even joined in the reading routine we had, it was pretty quiet during the reading until.

"Hello? Twilight?" a voice called out, it was Spike, he had returned from his play-date and upon entering Twilight called out to him.

"Hey everypony...oh hey Rarit-...." Spike stopped mid-sentence and did a comedic double-take then said.

"Rarity?!" he spoke in a surprised tone.

"Hello Spikey-wikey" Rarity cooed at the young Fire Drake, causing him to comedically to stammer and blush trying to say something to her.

"It is good to see you too Spike" Rarity giggled in response.

"Uh Spike? You are turning pink..." I observed.

"Actually it is a shade of Rose...Heart" Rarity corrected.

"Only you would know that Rarity" I retorted chuckling, Twilight simply giggled at this scene.

"You're not wrong Heart" Rarity said laughing lightly, resulting in all of us laughing.

We after a while then began dinner, and I helped make it so to learn how to cook, and soon dinner was served; at the table we ate and had light talk including informing why Rarity was here and Spike putting his two cents in about it.

"Despite the water-works from you Heart it is always good to have you visit..." Rarity said kindly,

"I just hope to visit someday without it being for telling you what I dreamed of every night...." I said in reply.

"I understand" she replied.

"I am sorry for not telling you again about my dreams Twilight..." I said ears splayed back.

"I know why you did it though....if Rarity had not been there..." Twilight said her own ears splaying in guilt.

"Well on a comedic note...Heart called it" Rarity said stifling her laughter.

"Called....what?" Twilight asked raising an eyebrow.

"I said or actually Rarity said, 'Twilight would if I know her she would've wrote to Celestia begging her not to punish you and she also may have chewed you out herself about it'" I recalled.

That broke her....Rarity was in a fit brushing tears as she tried not to fall from her seat do to lack of oxygen, I and Spike soon joined in for some reason and seeing Twilight's deadpanned expression made it worse.

"Ha ha...very funny..." Twilight said sarcastically resulting in Rarity, Spike and I almost bursting out again longer! After calming down a little did Twilight eventually crack a smile and chuckle a little.

"Okay that does sound like me..it almost was, that is what I find disappointing yet a little humorous" Twilight said.

"Oh Twilight don't sweat it..." Spike said.

"Problem was solved right?" he said in addition.

"Very true Spike" Rarity chimed, with Spike blushing again in response.

"Thanks Spike...but I have a feeling Heart may not sleep well for a while..." Twilight said solemnly.

"*sigh*...Yes...." I said in reply.

"Aw Heart....I know it will be difficult...but I would try to...I am still looking out for you...even Twilight..." Rarity soothed.

"I know...I just wonder what will happen nonetheless...." I said staring off in thought.

"So do we Heart...so do we...." Twilight said; later that evening things were calm again...though Twilight, Rarity, and Spike knew that tonight...I would be lucky to sleep at all......

TO BE CONTINUED....