• Published 2nd Aug 2015
  • 769 Views, 50 Comments

Bold Heart: My OC Story - Buckeye49



A 22 year old man from Earth dropped into Equestria, when he arrived he wanted home, that could not happen so he wanted a life better than at home, but will it work out???

  • ...
20
 50
 769

Chapter 3: Royal Heartbreak

Author's Note:

I hope this is okay, forgive the rambling but again....my limited experience is the reason.....plus in addition...when your heart is broken and a topic you like is brought up...many would just talk up a storm just so the pain of disappointment goes away; whether or not it works varies.

"Coltfriend?" I asked with a surprised expression, "Yep, I am her Coltfriend" Cielo repeated.

"Oh that is interesting, you are a lucky Stallion." I said slowly losing my cool.

"Ha! I know!! Am I?" he remarked with a grin.

"Well you seem to get along nicely, you 2 should be fine when he begins" Luna said smiling.

"But darling I have some info on your recruit you need to know about" Luna said.

"What is it?" Cielo asked looking at me.

"He is not a pony...he is something called, a 'human'" Luna said motioning at me with her head.

"What? Are you serious?....a what?" Cielo said looking me over.

"A 'human' Cielo, taken from his world and dropped into our world by some force....we are uncertain what it is that brought him here" Luna explained.

"Hmm....*eyes scan me* Well....since he is a pony that is all that matters to me..." Cielo said backing away then walks toward Luna.

"Good; I hope he does well however he should because you are who I paired him with to train" Luna said looking into his eyes.

"Don't worry, I will see to it if he is capable or not" Cielo says moving closer to Luna.

"Excellent; I am counting on you dearest" Luna says looking down with her eyes 1/2 open with a loving expression.

"M-mm Yes Mam" Cielo says moving in and kisses Luna on the lips. ~Dammit....why?!.....~

"Do not mind me I will just turn away" I said half joking while internally livid & screaming as I looked away; it was after a quick few seconds the 2 ceased kissing with a romantically steamy but angering *smack*

"Sorry...I did not mean to have that happen*chuckling*" Cielo said turning his head looking at me with a 1/2 embarrassed expression as he still stood facing Luna.

"No, no not a problem at all....you are a cute couple...." I said almost through gritted teeth as I smiled.

"Well then! I will be looking forward to training you! *looks at Luna* So when is he starting?" Cielo said enthusiastically.

"He starts after he finds a job he can fall back on should he not pass training" Luna replied.

"Alrighty then; until next time newbie" Cielo says hugging me tightly.

"Looking forward to it" I said straining due to the hug.

"Excellent!" he beamed backing off and lightly hitting my shoulder.

"See you then! *turns to Luna* I shall see you later...*the 2 kiss again before Cielo walks away*"

"Yes dear" Luna says smiling at him lovingly as Cielo walks away.

"He seems nice....a warm guy" I said moving next to Luna.

"Mmm...yes he is....." Luna says in a breathe-y way looking after Cielo.

"I-I mean he is." Luna corrected blushing profusely.

"How long have you 2 been together?" I asked wanting to ignore my jealousy.

"Over a year" she replied still blushing brush her hair back even though she did not need to,

"Oh....well congrats on your 'over a year long relationship'" I said subtly halfheartedly.

"Thank you Bold Heart" Luna said warmly, "Now...since you have been introduced let us also show you to your room you will have while here before heading back to Ponyville tomorrow; then we will return to my sister and our friends" Luna suggested.

"Okay, shall we?" I said as I stuck a hoof out, "Yes, let's" Luna said leading me onward. ~DAMMIT WHY?!?~

The 2 of us went onward down the halls, all the way I was feeling at an emotional low....for I had lost the girl of my dreams....rather the mare of my dreams.....it killed me; ~Lord? Why did you have this happen? What good will come now that I lost the one I thought would be "the one"?....~

"You have been a little quiet for a while...what is on your mind?" Luna asked looking curious.

~You having a coltfriend.....~ "Nothing much, just the thought of training and job hunting in Ponyville" I lied.

"I am sure you will be fine Heart", ~Easy for you to say.....~ I thought.

"Thanks Luna...I like your confidence in me" I said hurting inside.

"You are most welcome, you have commitment & conviction...I can tell" Luna added as she then looked forward; the 2 of us went on....it seemed like a long walk but soon we reached our destination.

"This shall be your room until tomorrow, I hope you like it" she says as she opened the door.

*me looking inside* "It....it is nice...very nice....I think this will do..." I said looking genuinely around the room temporarily forgetting my anger & sadness.

"Excellent! I am glad it is perfect for you" Luna beamed happily in a semi-cute manner.

We were now heading back but the thought of that room only eased my emotions but even then it did little....soon we returned to the group; Luna spoke 1st.

"Tia! Cielo has been introduced and now things are in order, all Heart has to do is find a job in Ponyville" Luna reported.

"Good; it is wonderful to know things are in place...now that things are set we can all now just have a 'walk and chat' as I call it*chuckles* You may have done a few things but perhaps I could trouble you with a little Q&A Bold Heart?" Celestia asked.

"I...do not see a problem with that" I replied, anything to help me I thought.

"Wonderful!! We shall 1st do a little walking, then some talking." Celestia says smiling warmly.

"Lead the way your Majesty" I said respectfully; soon we moved onward and along the way things were said topics were exchanged along with little pleasantries, soon came my turn...since I said little to nothing to the Princesses upon meeting them the 1st time...I felt I could 'entertain' them with a tale or 2, soon we found a place and I started my story.

I first said a little about my life I had and a few other little details then building to my forte...my hobby.

"I as I briefly mentioned in some for or I have a unique hobby back...but I gave small details about it...1st I mention that it was being a soldier fighting for the reuniting of my nation in a brutal civil war, next I said what I did and that would be being the guy who was most likely to die...*chuckle*and that would be the private soldier" a small laugh came from the group.

"What I did not say much on is some of the facts & details of this conflict, particularly the gory facts on casualties, and things along those lines" I said knowing some of their constitutions would be sensitive.

"I see...as hard as it may be, I would be curious...." Celestia said....

"Very well...you asked" I said in a warning tone.

"1st off the final count was appalling, after April 12, 1861 - April 9, 1865, 149 years ago at between 2-4% of the current population at the time, the American Civil War was the bloodiest war my nation fought totaling at a brutal 650-850,000 killed" a large gasp came from the group, Celestia & Luna looked struck.

"H-how many?!" Celestia asked.

"650-850,000" I repeated, the group was dumbstruck until.

"How come so many died?" Twilight asked looking pale.

"1: Technology, 2: Poor decision making, 3: Outdated tactics" I listed.

"Is that so?" Luna asked regaining her stomach.

"1st: Technology: The weapons of war greatly improved by the start of the conflict, they were more accurate, efficient, and to sell the point, deadlier; the new weapons were although an improvement of an old tech, the weapons we use are called 'firearms', or 'guns' invented 3 centuries earlier than the conflict, this is how man would fight to this day although now our firearms are far more advanced" I stated.

"The tech they used was called a 'musket', basically a steel tube called the 'Barrel' seated in a long wood 'branch' called the 'Stock', with 2 bent pieces toward the back called the 'Trigger' & 'Hammer', the 'Hammer' is pulled back until the inner workings click, when drawn back full the 'Trigger' can now be pulled and the hammer swings forward crushing a little cap which sets off explosive powder inside the barrel, pushing out a cone tipped cylinder piece of lead called the bullet, which after dropped down the barrel & pushed down by a rod called the 'Ramrod' twists inside as it leaves due to spiral grooves cut into the barrel's 'Bore' or the inside of the barrel called 'Rifling' sending the bullet down range and.....you fill in the blank." I listed off.

"Wow....that is a lot to take in...." Rainbow said.

"I know but get this: Before the year 1847, most muskets were 'smooth-bore's' or muskets without rifling, which had an accuracy of 50-70 yards, Rifled Muskets had a range of 650-1250 yards!!" another gasp.

"Well no wonder so many died!!" Celestia said surprised.

"Funny you say that...because you did not hear the kicker, and that is that here comes the tactics: They fought while standing in rows side-by-side....OUT IN THE OPEN LIKE YOU!!" I said.

"WHAT?!?" the group asked.

"Out in the open?!?" Luna asked.

"Are they insane!? With weapons like those!? Why?!" Luna asked in addition.

"The reason was the idea of new tactics has not yet come up....it took a few battles and the eventual standard issuing of Rifles before things changed...PLUS is was the outdated sense of honor...you were a coward of being unchivalristic if you were defensive in your fighting"

"How is that logical?" Celestia asked.

"That was the times....but do you still fight if at all with large blocks of stallions? Using spears & magic?" I asked.

"That is because we are with what we have....and we cannot fight the way you would.....but I am now starting to wish we did....." Celestia finished; I continued to spill detail after detail...all the while getting mixed reactions...after going through details like battles and facts behind them I got into the point of the hobby and then a fun thing....Eerie Coincidences...

"I have things to mess with the mind in some way, how about weird and eerie coincidences?...." I said in a mysterious tone.

"That sounds easier to handle than the other things as important as they are" Celestia said.

"I apologize for the messed up details about this...." I said with a light bow.

"It is fine, one cannot change what was...." Luna said getting more comfortable.

"Thank you; now weird #1: In 1863 President Lincoln was seeing a play, the man who would assassinate him...was in the cast..." stunned silence....

"Weird #2: In 1865 2 men were on a Train station platform...1 of them fell nearly getting seriously hurt/killed, the other man ran to save him which he did....who were these men?" I paused for effect and to expect a question.

"Who were they?" Twilight asked.

"The man who fell: Lincoln's oldest son Robert, the rescuer: Edwin Booth, brother to Robert's Father's future assassin John Booth....." *gasp from the group*

"That is trippy!!" Rainbow said...."Oh it gets trippier" I said smirking.

I then mentioned the weird chain of spooky coincidences between President Kennedy & Lincoln...which was they had a century difference between when elected to Congress, The Presidency, birth of their Vice-Presidents and the same last names & their assassins...things like that....which also got reactions....at the end Celestia made her remarks.

"I must say you have a lot of information and knowledge of you country's strange side facts of its history! You know about the main facts and things linked too them, you are a very intelligent individual Bold Heart" Celestia complimented.

*me blushes* "You are too kind...I just know what I know...and it is not as much as you think...." I said trying to be modest.

"Nevertheless I am impressed" Celestia remarked.

"I agree, you are pretty smart...I love history myself as you know..so it is nice to find a kindred spirit." Twilight said warmly.

"That I appreciate...thank you....". We went on, on other things after that, soon the day went on and the sun was setting...I was feeling better but not fully, the talk about my interest made things smoother....but back in the room I was given.....the sadness was back.
I was unsure why but the anger, sadness, and disappointment had in 1 wave came back....and little I did could help make the initial pain leave.....soon I found myself glaring at a vase on a table, take out the Flowers, after I looked at them...placing them on the table I picked up the vase, glaring at a chosen wall...*smash!* the vase explodes as it hit the selected wall...

"NO!!!!!" I shouted glaring at the wall struck by the vase.....my nostrils flared and me breathing through gritted teeth and my eyes having I swear my pupal's the size of pinheads....eventually I calmed down....and after repairing the vase, refilling it, then returning the flowers I simply stared out in a stupor....soon I found myself on the balcony....staring out over the city, after staring out for a while I then without warning lightly dropped my head on the railing I after covering my face with my hooves....wept.......TO BE CONTINUED....