• Published 2nd Aug 2015
  • 760 Views, 50 Comments

Bold Heart: My OC Story - Buckeye49



A 22 year old man from Earth dropped into Equestria, when he arrived he wanted home, that could not happen so he wanted a life better than at home, but will it work out???

  • ...
20
 50
 760

Chapter 2: Royal Tour

Author's Note:

Cielo Rey belongs to a former deviantARTist by that name has his own ship with his OC and Luna and out of respect and care for his OC ship this was and is a nod to him.

*****Canterlot Square*****
It has been around 10 minutes, and the tour was in full swing as Luna & I made our way through selected parts of castle(due to the size of the place Luna knew it would take more than day a day to see all of it AND Canterlot). 1st she showed some of the many rooms a guest could stay, next she showed me the castle gardens of which upon explanation told her I was familiar with...soon I was shown the city itself and here we begin.

"Tell me Bold Heart, are you enjoying your tour?" Luna asked sincerely.

"Oh yes, y-yes I am" I replied politely.

"Are you sure? You seem...'distracted'" Luna said looking concerned.

"I assure you I am fine, just admiring the city...."~As well as you shamefully~ thought with a subtle guilty expression.

"I see....well if you are feeling a little tired of walking we could stop at that cafe over there" Luna friendly suggested.

It was then the 2 of us sat at the aforementioned cafe, "Creme-de-la-Creme Cafe" as it was called. We then proceeded to sit and enjoy a bite to eat and drinks, Luna paid since I was short for obvious reasons...but the kicker was even though this was kind, it was a little awkward that she would pay for anything that looked appetizing to me; it was difficult for A: the menu was delectable, B: I was unsure how much of whatever I could choose. I sat there as Luna with ease asked the waiter for the items that appealed to her, all the while scanning the menu over a few more times; as I seemed to decide on my choice the waiter turned to me and asked me for my order, I made my choice and the waiter took our menus and left us in peace as the order was being made only to first have our drinks given to us before the meal came; all the while still I was twitchy as I sat...feeling as one would feel eating out with royalty...royalty that was beautiful as well. It was during the wait for our food I felt a conversation was in order so I then began.

"So, Princess, I must say I am humbled by your interest in giving me a pleasant time with a tour...you truly have a lovely city here" I said shifting in place a little while holding my drink in the air(for the record using my magic was difficult, luckily before coming here I was shown by Twilight how to use my horn...due to my age it did not take long to get it working, though it was surprising because I was quick to be skilled in using magic...very impressively as Twilight remarked).

"I thank you very much, and as I said, it is my interest in you and the circumstances that has me being interested in your impression of our world and my nation & its capital city" Luna said with a warm smile taking a silent sip of her drink.

~Could she be anymore appealing?~I thought as I tried to think of what to say next.

"Although...I see why you seem to think this is odd to you, it is not everyday a pony has a tour of the capital with a Co-ruler of Equestria as your guide*chuckles 'cutely'*" Luna says setting her glass down.

"That is true I must say" I replied feeling warm under the "collar".

"I feel pretty spoiled as a visitor...though after what I went through this makes sense, you are simply being kind to me so to have me be comfortable and not panic due to said experience" I calculated in addition with a chuckle.

"Yes...*giggles* I would think you are 'spoiled' by me*laughs lightly*, though what I am doing being just 'kindness' is only 1/2 true Bold Heart" Luna said resting her head on her hooves looking at me with a more serious expression.

"I am doing this because it is the right thing to do, PLUS....you are here for a reason, and I feel it is for a good one" Luna said keeping her focus on me.

It was then the waiter returned placing the food on the table before leaving once more. Before we began our meal Luna floated a piece of bread to me and a glass of red wine.

"Are you drinking age back home?" Luna asked before we started.

"Yes, I am; what are we doing?" I replied then asked.

"As a follower of a belief similar to ours I think this should be familiar...less you practice a different version of it." Luna said taking a piece of bread herself and a glass of red wine.

"Oh yes I remember...my 'version' of practice has this as well, 'communion' it is called" I told her.

"Excellent! so I suppose you are aware of its symbolism?" Luna said taking her items.

"Yes I am aware of it, I must say that it is amazing how it is known here; then again....it was not a silent event was it?" I said as I readied to partake the same time as her.

"No, it was a loudly proclaimed event when the son of the Almighty was slain...though I would not know of this...this happened when my Grandparents were alive, so this comes as passed down knowledge...." Luna said ready to commence when I remarked.

"It must be, for you look far too young for it to be a newly passed down eyewitness account" Luna then blushed at the remark.

"Are you always one to flatter somepony?" Luna said blushing.

"At times...it is a habit..." I said blushing myself.

"Well....I-I think it is a...cute habit, never lose it" Luna said regaining her composure.

"I will not; I think as long as I posses a warm spirit I will never lose my flattering nature" I said holding up the bread.

"Good; now, to proceed." Luna said, holding her piece up; the 2 of us then shared a prayer after Luna started the communion 1st with stating the importance of the bread, then the wine and our meal began.

After our little meal we continued our tour of the capital, the sight was unusual to the nobles passing by as we walked along; one such noble asked even who was I, her response was 'a unique guest, that is all you need to know'. We continued on without incident and soon 5:40PM we returned to the castle only to find Celestia and the group was not there...after Luna and I asked the guard they said that they were in a dining hall, we then made our way to find them.

"I hope your tour was insightful" Luna said as we walked along.

"Oh yes it was...very helpful in telling me about the city" I politely replied keeping close to Luna.

"Good. Now I will have you know that since you will be a recruit in the Guard, you will be paired with a veteran guard as a partner; he will instruct you and guide you BUT he is your superior so treat him as such understood?" Luna said stopping me in place for a bit.

"Yes Mam, I understand" I said standing straight.

"*chuckle* Very good, I think you have the right attitude" Luna said as we continued walking.

We walked along and soon we were in the dining hall mentioned by the guard, upon entering Celestia stood and spoke.

"Ah hello, how was the tour?" she asked with genuine interest.

"It was very nice, Luna even was kind enough to treat us at a cafe" I said looking at Luna then to Celestia.

"Really? Well that was nice of you Luna." Celestia said warmly.

"Thank you sister, but I think he thanked me plenty by insisting that he repay me..." Luna said chuckling a little.

"Well if you are being so kind then I guess I will drop the issue.:D" I replied.

"*chuckles* Well I am happy things went well; now though before you return to Ponyville I advise you set yourself up for when you begin training; Luna will you tend to this?" Celestia asked.

"Yes Tia, I will do so right now; just everypony wait here again and we shall be back ASAP" Luna said turning in place motioning me to follow with her head. We soon began back out of the room to head to where we will find the guard who will train me and be like in my Reenactment hobby, my file partner as well as my superior; the wait was not long as we by chance found the guard.

"Oh we were I just looking for you!!" Luna said cheerfully.

"Hello Luna! Glad you were;)..." the stallion said.

"Please be serious with this" Luna replied blushing & chuckling.

"Well alrighty then, as you wish; what do you need Luna?" the stallion asked.

"I have a new recruit for you" Luna said smiling.

"A new recruit? Excellent!! Well newbie I am Sgt. Cielo Rey, Luna's personal guard and her Coltfriend" he said with a touch of pride.

"Coltfriend?" I replied with a surprised expression. TO BE CONTINUED.