• Published 2nd Aug 2015
  • 769 Views, 50 Comments

Bold Heart: My OC Story - Buckeye49



A 22 year old man from Earth dropped into Equestria, when he arrived he wanted home, that could not happen so he wanted a life better than at home, but will it work out???

  • ...
20
 50
 769

Chapter 11: Royal Rounds of cheer

Twilight, Cielo and I were within the Tavern and enjoying ourselves, it was invigorating to be accepted into the guard and celebrating the accomplishment; we were in casual conversation.

"So BH? What is your poison?" Cielo asked me warmly.

"Not sure...I am unfamiliar with the drinks here..." I answered honestly as I took a moment to examine the drinks available to me.

"Well...in that case, I should start you on a stallion's drink" Cielo said with a mischievous smile.

"Bar keep!!"

"Yes sir?! What can I get'cha?" The bartender barked heartily with a expecting smile; the stallion was a semi heavy semi muscular crimson Pegasus with light brown mane & tail with gold eyes.

"My friend here is a new recruit to the guard, get him 'The Rite of Official Passage'" Cielo grinned evilly.

"Sure thing Cielo" the Keep said winking mischievously as we went to make our drinks.

"Cielo? The drink will not be heavy will it?" Twilight asked with concern.

"A good drink is always heavy!!" Cielo said heartily.

"I understand you guards like that...but Heart would not have fun if he is passed out from 1 drink" Twilight argued while floating a glass of wine next to her; Twilight ordered a lovely Cabernet(Red wine) that had an oaky finish of which she let me sample after informing her my mother and Aunt were wine lovers.

"Aaw com'on Twilight! That is why it comes in a shot glass!" Cielo said in a explanatory tone.

"Oh....okay, that sounds much better" Twilight said sounding pleased as she sipped from her wine.

"Like I would really doing something to embarrass or harm somepony?" Cielo said with an offended tone.

"Knowing you Cielo...." Twilight countered with an incredulous looking, resulting in a awkward smile from Cielo.

"Point taken...." Cielo admitted.

"What is 'The Rite of Official Passage'?" I asked with interest more than concern.

"It has no other name, the 'TROOP', is its name; get the joke?"

"Ha! Clever! How did it get its name?" I asked.

"It was made by a Captain decades ago, and has been the drink of new guards ever since"

"Nice!!*laugh*" I chuckled.

"I thought that you would get a kick from that, they all do" Cielo laughed.

"It that so? Why do you say that?" I asked suspiciously.

"Because it helps the new guy to feel comfortable before he gets the drink, do not want the recruit to wuss out"

"Like I would??" I said with a smug grin, "I am offended" I added.

"Well how was I to know?" Cielo said looking defensive.

"Now you do" I stated coolly.

"Okay big shot....let's see how you do..." Cielo said in a challenging way while smiling smugly at me.

"Yes, let us see..." I replied cockily.

"Challenging me are you?" Cielo said grinning at me.

"Maybe...." I shot back.

"Boooys....." Twilight spoke of like a mother would to her children.

"It is alright Twilight...relax" Cielo stated.

"I am not asking I am ordering" Twilight said in a authoritative tone.

"Twilight you are no fun..." I said bummed out.

"I am doing this for you both" Twilight stated.

"Yes mother" Cielo said sarcastically.

"Or would it be big sister?...." I added, resulting in Cielo and I laughing as Twilight groaned while her left eye twitched.

"Lighten up Twilight" Cielo said, "You Bold Heart, promise to be a fun guy to hang with, I respect you"

"Thank you Cielo" I replied.

Within a short time our drinks have arrived, we had surprise guests!! "Ah! There you are!!" Celestia chimed from the door,

"Princess Celestia!?" Twilight and I said eyes wide.

"Luna!?" Cielo said jaw hanging.

"Blueblood??" all 3 of us said.

"*giggles* Yes Twilight, It is us..." Celestia said stifling a laugh.

"And I am here because my day of paperwork was a long one and a drink sounds good right about now" Blueblood said smoothly.

"I did not know that about you Blueblood..." I said.

"Why would you think that? Also you are?" Blueblood asked confused.

"A long story.....my name is Bold Heart, the new recruit to the guard" I answered.

"A pleasure sir! I am pleased to meet you, Celestia told me she would talk about you" Blueblood said enthusiastically.

"Is that so?...By the way you are just in time! Heart here is being treated to a drink given to new recruits called, 'The Rite of Official Passage'" Cielo stated.

"What in God's son is that?" Blueblood asked confused.

"A drink an old guard decades ago invented it for new recruits, and it has been a tradition" Cielo explained.

"What was his name?" Blueblood asked.

"I wonder that myself" I spoke up.

"His name was Captain Ironsides" Cielo said.

"*guffaws*Really?" I said sounding amused.

"Yes...also I knew him, a good guard too; why is it amusing Heart?" Celestia asked looking curious.

"Because back home, there is a ship of who's nickname is 'Old Ironsides'; the reason is because the thick oak hull in a battle it fought during a war, bounced cannonballs off it as if the hull was made of iron" I explained.

"I see...well I am sure Ironsides would be flattered by that" Celestia said smiling.

"Can somepony explain what is going on?" Blueblood asked becoming curious.

"Well nephew, Bold Heart here is not a pony...but an alien creature that only few know about; he is...a human, taken and placed here by unknown forces" ~*sigh* secret forces....~

"A what??" Blueblood loudly.

"Ssssh!" Celestia said quickly.

"Sorry, a what?" Blueblood asked quietly.

"A human Blueblood, a unique creature, made in God's image" Celestia said.

"Made in his image but now being an insult to him...*sigh*...but, he loves us regardless" I spoke up.

"I see....well your drink is there and you two look like you are in middle of something" Blueblood spoke up.

"We'll just have a seat" Celestia said as the 3 moved into the bar; the Keep again named "Wheat Barley" greeted them.

"Your Majesties, what can I get you?" Barley asked respectfully.

"A glass of wine please, a nice Chardonnay, the 'Chateau Pierre'" Celestia requested.

"'Manticore Spiced Rum' please" Luna ordered.

"A beer for me please, 'Buckwieser'" Blueblood asked for last.

"Coming right up your Highness's" Barley said before preparing the drinks.

"I did not know you liked Rum..." I said surprised.

"Oh yes, I love the flavor and sensation" Luna said with a smile.

"Is that so Luna?" Cielo asked suggestively.

"Cielo!" Luna barked blushing.

"Just joking" Cielo defended causing Celestia to smirk.

"Well...better down this" I said floating the shot of "TROOP" to change the topic.

"Oh yeah I forgot! *picks up his glass* To the new guy, and for future recruits!" Cielo toasted.

"Here! here!!" I replied; with that Cielo & I downed our shot and BOY HOWDY!! It was a wake up call!!!

"You okay Heart?" Cielo asked me looking a little worried.

"You kidding? I feel great!" I replied to the surprise of Cielo.

"Well well well Heart! I am impressed" He replied genuinely.

"Well thank you Sergeant" I replied respectfully.

"You satisfied colts?" Twilight asked sounding annoyed slightly.

"Yes. Very" Cielo and I said resulting in Luna roaring with laughter.

"Glad we amused you dear" Cielo replied,

"You're welcome Cielo~" Luna said still recovering from her laughing fit.

"So?~ How are you feeling?" Celestia asked looking amused from Luna's laughter.

"Besides happy, I feel content" I replied warmly.

"Good" she replied sipping her wine, "I would hope so, it is a hard won privilege that not many can claim" Celestia added placing her glass down.

"Very true, and I feel like I have done far more than in my old life back home...*sigh*...home....." I sighed thinking of the family I left behind.

"*sigh* Well....I pray that things turn out for the best, for you and your family..." Celestia said somberly.

"I thank you for that" I said gratefully.

"You are welcome Heart" Celestia said warmly.

"So, where are living?" Blueblood asked,

"Twilight's castle..." I replied awkwardly.

"Really? May I ask why?" Blueblood asked.

"Because it was arranged that way in no small part on Twilight's behalf since she is the first I met and revealed my secret to" I explained.

"Aaah....that makes sense I suppose" Blueblood responded sounding and looking convinced.

"Of which I am obviously most grateful for it..."

"Well I would not want you to be homeless, since you were enough upon coming here" Twilight said sweetly.

"True...but hey...back home wild equine sleep that way, so a new experience for me!" I joked.

"But what pony would I be if I did that to you? You are not a pony...at least not born one" Twilight stated in objection to my logic.

"I understand...but I partially did not know what you would think of me...either of you"

"I could see why...but I feel a little bad you did not know you could trust us" Celestia said.

"Well how was I to know? As you say, you can see why and that is the reason" I stated.

"I guess that is true....nopony would know what to do if dropped into an alien world" Celestia saying in agreement.

"Thank you for your understanding; now Cielo? A regular drink?"

"Sure, I can do that" he agreed turning in his seat.

"Barley?" Cielo asked out.

"Yes sir?" Barley replied.

"What you interested in?" Cielo asked me.

"I think that beer there" I selected; the beer was called "Golden Appaloosa".

"Golden Appaloosa?" Barley asked.

"Yes sir please" I replied.

"Here you are sir enjoy" Barley said placing a mug before me.

"Many thanks" I replied before drinking.

"Welcome, shout if needin' something" Barley said before leaving.

"Will do" I replied quickly. Soon also Barley returned with the drinks for Celestia, Luna, and Blueblood; I must say I felt guilty that the show painted him in such a way, for he was nothing like the show showed him as.

"So, when did you come to Equestria?" said the stallion aforementioned.

"I 'arrived' almost a week ago" I said taking a swig.

"I see...." Blueblood said listening with interest.

"Within a few hours I went to see your aunts, and the situation was made known to them and made myself comfortable and adjusted to being here; I must say eating with royalty was a first" I said.

"*laugh*I see, I would think that would be the case but however we are just ponies Heart, as hard as it is to believe especially said from one like me/us" Blueblood said warmly.

"I can understand that, and I must say the hospitality was naturally a plus especially it was on my first day...I do not think I can ever express my gratitude fully" I expressed.

"I think you showed enough Heart" Celestia said kindly sipping her wine.

"Alright; so...back to Aj's for work with my roommate Hostess Twilight" I summed up.

"Sounds about right, but I would try to do more than just that" Twilight stated.

"Like what?" I asked unsure what she meant by that.

"Like at least think on what to do with your new life here beyond just those 2 things, such as...maybe since you brought it up, house hunting? Then....maybe other things?" Twilight said sounding like she was going somewhere with this.

"The former yes, the latter I do not know what you mean" I state looking at her curiously.

"Oh just...anything besides what you plan" Twilight said sounding like she was beating around a bush.

"Not really anything else...if another action is to be decided I will let you know" I said hoping it would end the topic.

"Okay...very well" Twilight said sounding satisfied, ~Finally~.

We spent some more time at the tavern before eventually we decided to part with everypony leaving for each destination, Twilight and I decided that Ponyville was where we wanted to go and after a few more words with the princesses we made our way to the train station to head back home.

"2 tickets for Ponyville please" Twilight asked the ticket box attendant, the pony a unicorn tan stallion then hoofed over the tickets of which again she paid nothing for 1.

"Thank you" she replied before walking to me.

"It shouldn't be long, a 30 minute wait that's all" Twilight said.

"That is good, gives time for the alcohol to disperse" I said sitting on my haunches.

"*giggles* That is true, I am feeling a little tipsy, but fine as well; I am amazed how you fair" Twilight smirked.

"That is good too, No....*laugh* I did not have that much, yes that one drink was strong but not overbearing" I responded amused.

"You sure??" Twilight teased.

"Yes, I am perfectly Princess, fine" I cleverly retorted crossed-eyed with an exaggerated slur and stumbling intentionally, resulting in Twilight's laughter.

"Good one" she giggled.

"I have my moments, it comes at times either of or not of my choosing" I explained normally.

"That's what is charming about you, your humor" Twilight said sweetly putting her hoof on my shoulder.

"It is unique only to you, and it is so...well...cutely original, it shows your personality at it's base; a reason I feel you will be a very interesting new friend to me, the Princesses, and my friends; as well as the ponies you come into contact with" Twilight added warmly finishing with a amused smile.

"Thank you Twilight, I am glad for this" I replied gratefully.

"You're welcome Heart, Jesse" she said nuzzling me, ~Oh jeez~....

"You okay Twilight?" I asked perplexed and blushing.

"Yes, why?" she asked curious.

"You nuzzled me" I observed.

"It was just a kind gesture toward you Heart" Twilight explained.

"You sure Twilight? You sure it is not the alcohol acting?" I asked.

"*giggled* I am not that drunk Heart, I am very sober with that gesture" Twilight stated.

"Okay then, then thanks again" I replied kindly, "Welcome Heart" Twilight chuckled. The two of us sat for the half hour we needed to and soon the train whistled into the station, but......something happened once the train arrived, some guards appeared and they walked to the last car in the train, the car was ornate and regal baring a familiar symbol, a snowflake in a circle with swirls on the sides....the Crystal Empire!!

"Twilight! Look!" I said pointing at the last car on the train.

"What?" Twilight said before she focused on the car in question.

"Recognize it?" I said with a slight knowing smile with surprise, after a bit Twilight spoke with eyes wide.

"*gasp* That is from the Crystal Empire!!" Twilight said looking pleased.

"I wonder who is visiting? Your brother or Cadence?" I asked intrigued, our answer was not long in coming and soon a white stallion and a familiar pink Alicorn mare appeared.

"Well well well!! Both of them are here!" I said with further surprise.

"I think we can spare a moment to say hello" Twilight said with a giddiness to her voice.

"I do not see why not, other than being a little drunk though......" I said as if suggesting we should leave instead.

"Aw we're fine Bold Heart, relax!" she said sounding slightly annoyed.

"Okay okay, just do not do anything stupid" I said looking a little worried.

"I won't!" Twilight said before making her way to her sister-in-law and brother.

"Armor! Cadence!" Twilight called out while I advanced slowly.

"Twily!!" Armor called out warmly.

"Hi Twilight!" Cadence called out as well, before followed cutely and expectantly as well as surprisingly smooth since Twilight was a little tipsy with.

"Sunshine! sunshine!! Ladybugs awake! Clap your hooves and do a little shake!" ~Oh dear God that is still too cute and funny!!~

"*laughing* Great to see you! What brings you here to Canterlot?" Twilight asked then hugging her brother.

"Oh just some news we wanted to share" Cadence said with a knowing smile looking at Armor.

"What news?" Twilight asked.

"We're having a foal!" Armor beamed proudly, resulting in Twilight being dumbfounded before letting out a loud squeal of delight before hugging Cadence.

"Congratulations your Majesty" I said warmly with a bow.

"Thank you, and you are?" Cadence responded looking me over.

"Bold Heart your Majesty, a new recruit to the Equestrian Royal Guard" I replied with a salute.

"A pleasure! I am happy to meet you Bold Heart" Cadence said moving to shake my hoof.

"The honor is mine Princess Cadence, Twilight told me about you" I said with the latter info added to cover for me for now before kissing her hoof.

"My Bold Heart! You are quite the gentle-stallion!" Cadence complimented, "She has? Well that is nice of her" Cadence added.

"Thank you Cadence, I tend to be that way alot...it is good of her; also I am happy to hear this news but Twilight and I were heading back to Ponyville when you arrived" I stated kindly.

"Oh well that is a good trait to have; you were heading back to Ponyville? Sorry about stalling you" Cadence apologized.

"No it is fine, I think I can and you can go ahead Heart; I want to hang with my family" Twilight stated.

"Alright; let me give your ticket back until later" I said.

"Sure, you can do that" Twilight replied giving me her ticket.

"See you whenever you come back to Ponyville!" I called back as I made my way to the counter before boarding the train,

"Bye!" Twilight called out. Soon I boarded the train and the train began its journey back to Ponyville, to be honest it was a good day and home sounded good.

*Twilight*

"So Twily, how have you been?" Armor asked me looking curious,

"Oh enjoying something to drink*chuckle* Then after Heart, Blueblood, Luna, Celestia, and Luna's coltfriend Cielo went where ever and I was about to head home with Heart" I rattled off when the train whistled its departure before taking off.

"Ah, I see...where is Bold Heart living in Ponyville?" Armor asked.

"He....*chuckle* is homeless...because of 'unique' circumstances" I replied sheepishly because I did not want to give the wrong impression,

"Oh no! What happened?" Cadence asked looking concerned.

"Weeeeelll....he is not from around here...he is not even from Equus..."

"WHAT?!?" Cadence & Armor replied interrupting looking surprised.

"Yes...you see, he is called a 'human', from a planet called Earth and he was brought here by who knows what and now is trying to build a life here since we do not have the power to bring him home" I explained, the alcohol was luckily burning off so things were doing fine as I was explaining Jesse AKA Bold Heart's story.

"You're kidding....really?" Cadence asked looking unconvinced.

"I am telling the truth, you can ask Celestia & Luna" I said honestly.

"Then I think we shall, but not yet...we have our mom and dad to see and tell them the news" Armor said moving off toward the city.

"*sigh* Okay; lead the way B.B.B.F.F." I said casually.

"*chuckle*Alright then" Armor said as Cadence followed.

"I am SOO excited!!" Cadence said giddily.

"So am I!!" I sang back before we hugged each other again.

****Celestia****

Luna and I began our journey back the castle, along the way I too could not help but feel good about the course of the day, it felt just right and from how Cielo and Luna are acting *giggle* I think their day is not over yet.

"You doing okay Cielo?" I asked playfully.

"What makes you think I am not?" he asked me looking slightly confused and yet slightly intoxicated.

"Just asking, since you had a bit to drink..." I observed.

"Yes but it was not that much Tia" Cielo replied, Cielo I found it interesting he is adopting Luna's nickname for me...they may be a couple soon I can tell, but then....what then from there? I may be over-thinking it but Heart may not receive the wedding well...considering his love for Luna, it would probably be for the best; but then excluding him from it would create a problem as well....*sigh* what a quagmire....

"Okay Cielo~" I replied amused.

"*laugh*Say what's up?" Cielo asked me.

"What do you mean?"

"What I mean is why do you look like you have something on your mind?" he clarified.

"Why do you think I have something on my mind?" I asked trying partially to deflect the question.

"You look distracted....plus you almost tripped a few times..."

"I did??" I said looking for whatever was causing me to stumble only to see a few rocks and gaps in the road.....oops...

"Well....it is complicated...nothing for you to concern yourself over" ~yet....~

"Okay sister, just don't trip on anything *giggle* somepony may think you had too much to drink!" Luna laughed.

"Ha-ha Luna...." I remarked sarcastically only to have both Luna & Cielo laugh, hilarious....

"Had enough?" I asked a little annoyed.

"Mmm....not fully" Luna remarked coyly.

"Well then sober up before you and Cielo do anything will you?" I joked perhaps a little too suggestively.

"Tia!~..." Luna whined.

~Gotcha!~ I thought.

"What?~" I chimed in reply, I admit...it is fun to tease Luna occasionally.

"You know what Tia!! That is most unclean and unfair!" Luna protested, but it is wise when one should stop, especially when after making a slightly poor tasting joke.

"No it is alright Luna...she has some truth to her words here...I will admit...I think I had too much...so let us get sober before we do something we will regret" Cielo reasoned,

~Well...didn't expect that....*chuckle*~

"*sigh*...Very well Cielo, I now agree..." Luna relented.

~Or that~

"Good, for I think we had enough excitement" Cielo added.

"Agreed" I said; we were at the castle and soon went our separate ways.

"See you later Luna, Cielo" I said warmly.

"See you later Tia" Luna said as she and Cielo went to her chambers, and soon....our day for now is done.

TO BE CONTINUED.