• Published 31st May 2015
  • 1,931 Views, 291 Comments

The First Unicorn on Earth - Baileyjrob



A man wakes up to discover everyone is missing, and he's been transformed into a small unicorn. It's him against the world.

  • ...
16
 291
 1,931

June 5, 2015

Dear Journal,

Today was interesting to say the least. My first full day with Max. I must admit, he does have some interesting stories, but I didn't want him to tell me about the time he... oh God, that story is gonna haunt my nightmares. Just, so disgusting.

Anyway, I observed his wounds today. Now, I'm no doctor — then again, I probably know as much about pegasus biology as most doctors do — but I think I could get the gist of what was going on. It didn't look fun. He seemed to have some sort of bruising of the ribs, or chest area. He had a sprained ankle, or whatever that is for a pegasus, and... something with his wings. I don't think there's a term for it, or at least it isn't identifiable. His wings hurt when he raises them to more than half height. According to him, they hurt REALLY bad.

God, the fact that he can move those is amazing.

Anyway, that could be anything from a nasty cut, to a bone breakage. I have no idea what they're supposed to look like, so I can't diagnose anything. The only thing I could recommend was a lot of rest. He seemed a little TOO enthusiastic about that request.

I also talked to him more about his encounter with this "David" character. When I asked about the colony, he said that he neither knew how many people were there, nor if they were facing the same condition we were. It was safe to assume the latter was true though. I also asked him about "thestral," and he said, "Hey, he looked like that. Besides, his words not mine."

I left him in charge of the store for awhile. He said he'd make sure to turn off the lights and close the register when he left. I can only hope that's a joke. With him you never can quite tell. I went out to search for other survivors. I was hoping I'd get some sort of streak. No such luck. I went around and yelled for a survivor. The closest thing to a response that I got was some shuffling. I chalked it up to be rats.

No, I didn't play into a horror movie cliche. Yes, I investigated. I found nothing, so I assumed it was rats. Get off my back!

Geez, I'm acting like a book can talk to me. Or rather, that a computer can talk to me...

My God, it's been long enough that I forgot computers USED to be able to talk to you... oh man.

I continued looking around for awhile, and found nothing. Onto my magic training.

I'm on the verge of a breakthrough, I can feel it. Every day I feel my connection grow stronger. I can feel more movement within me, of energy that is. I can feel more power. I get more and more exhausted after doing it. That must mean something!

I'm almost there. Almost.

In completely different news, look what I found today!

I don't care if it's a stupid hippie picture, HANDS! HANDS! Oh my God I can't put into words how great it is to see hands again! I wonder if there are still primates. I wonder if they still have hands. Lucky bastards. HANDS!

–Leon


So, I signed off on Leon's behalf. He just started having some sort of attack, before crying and falling asleep. Now that I look back through the entry, I can see why. I miss hands too, I really do. When I get these wings working though, that'll be something.

Also, Leon has magic? Oh, he's a magical unicorn. This is great, so much room for taunting him. Glad I could scar you Leon. Maybe I should tell the journal the story?

...

Nah, that's for another time.

Anyway, I had a fun day. Mostly relaxing. Having Leon touch me all over wasn't fun though. I didn't enjoy that.

He's so gonna be pissed when he sees the way I worded that. I hope he doesn't notice until he turns on the voice-to-text software so his freakout gets recorded. A man-pony thing can dream.

I didn't do much today, so not much to say!

Peace out home dogs! Or, home ponies as it were. Or... journal.


"Dear Dallas, Texas,

"Leon's kind of indisposed right now... I think that's the right use of the word, so I'm gonna be doing his little announcement thing.

"If there are any survivors out there, and you meet us, make sure to tease him for being a pretty, fluffy, magical unicorn. I'm gonna do it tomorrow, I'll get back to you on how that goes. If you can find a way to include princess in there, bonus points.

"Not much to say... I'll be here all week!

"With all of the homo love,

"Max"