• Published 31st May 2015
  • 1,923 Views, 291 Comments

The First Unicorn on Earth - Baileyjrob



A man wakes up to discover everyone is missing, and he's been transformed into a small unicorn. It's him against the world.

  • ...
16
 291
 1,923

June 20, 2015

Dear Journal,

Today was pretty uneventful for the most part. I tried to do more research on radios, but didn't get very far. One thing to note is, well... Jamie returned.

I was sitting there, reading my radio guidebook and trying to find anything I missed when he suddenly comes running through the door with an idea. He says he'll forgive me for killing his mother on one condition. Of course I want to be on good terms with him, so I asked him what the condition was. He asked me to use my unicorn magic to bring Barbara back to life...

Oh boy.

I tried to let the kid down gently. I told him that I can only adequately levitate one thing at most. I don't even know if my magical capabilities go beyond levitation, and if they do I certainly haven't reached that level yet. After that he seemed really downcast. I was worried he was gonna run off again, but he just curled up in a corner. He hasn't moved since, not even to eat. I'm really worried about the kid. Stage 4?

On the other hand, I've been thinking about the radio signal. That was from the local emergency broadcast station, meaning she (I thought the voice was a female, so I'm sticking by it until I know to the contrary) is in the metroplex area. My first area to check would be the radio tower, or one of them anyway. I need to check to see if she's there, as that would certainly be the easiest place to broadcast from. I think. I still don't know how this stuff works. I'll figure it out eventually.

My magic is getting progressively stronger through meditation and practice. Writing has certainly helped my precision and dexterity with my magic, so I'll continue to do that. If I can learn to levitate two things at once, writing on the go would be much easier.

Maybe I can make my magic strong enough to bring back the dead. Then I can bring Max back to life! Yeah, I need to do that! I'll become stronger, and I'll bring Max back from the dead.

Is it wrong that I didn't even think to try when only Barbara was concerned... am I a monster for killing her? No... no, it was in defense for two people... ponies... whatever. I... I'm a good guy.

Yeah... of course. Hopefully this new survivor isn't as paranoid as Barbara.

– Leon


"Dear Dallas, Texas,

"I'm getting exhausted from having been cooped up this long. I'm gonna adventure tomorrow. I'm gonna search for whomever's out there. If you can hear me, meet me at the radio tower... which one? Uh... never mind, come here.

"See you then, I guess?

"Sincerely,
"Leon"

"Seriously, I should script these things... oh, the mic is still on. Hehe..."

Author's Note:

For those of you complaining that humans don't simply go through the phases of grief like it's a graph, rather it's a guideline, it has to do with Leon's character. Remember that everything is from his point of view. Things are rarely as simple as they seem, as we're only getting one perspective.

There's much more going on, I assure you.