• Published 31st May 2015
  • 1,930 Views, 291 Comments

The First Unicorn on Earth - Baileyjrob



A man wakes up to discover everyone is missing, and he's been transformed into a small unicorn. It's him against the world.

  • ...
16
 291
 1,930

July 27, 2015

Dear Journal,

Solar panels are finally installed. Martha helped instruct me on what to do. I was the muscle. I was always considered intelligent, but here I am being bossed around by a barely teenager. It frackin' sucks, but it's just a fact of life at this point. Jamie drew inside most of the time. His hoofwriting his very good. He told me he liked to draw as a human. I enjoyed drawing, but I was beyond terrible at it. I had many, many skills. I was quite well versed. The one thing I had no hope at in life was drawing.

Martha unveiled an experimental thing to me today. Or, not unveiled: I should say I stumbled upon it and she covered it up quickly. She told me she didn't want anyone to see it, not just yet. Some sort of brace or something. That's all I could get out.

We ate lunch together as a family today. I said that, and Martha punched me. She told me we weren't a family, not yet at least. We were allies, nothing more. She did say she was open to get to know us more though, and Jamie looked relieved to hear that. Finally he can mingle with someone his age. He's been starved for interaction. Back in the store, when we had nothing else, we had much more interaction — for better or worse. Now he's got nothing.

Speaking of which, we're running low on store supplies. It's been awhile since we've been there, a week and a half I think. We decided to head over there today. We'll be going in a bit, everyone's preparing.

– Leon


Dear Journal,

We've made it to the store. A large concentration of dogs were hanging out around here, growling at us as we passed. We moved on. None were provoked. We're stocking up on bread. We don't care if it's stale. We're about to head out, we just need to find a good container to


Dear Journal,

Oh God things managed to go downhill fast! Some dogs jumped us while I was writing. Martha and Jamie escaped together. I got pinned in a freezer. Doesn't do much freezing now, thank God. Some dogs went after the kids, but the majority stayed here. They're trying to get in. I don't have long before they make it in, and I don't know that I'll be able to make it out. In case the worst should happen, I want to write a proper farewell to the two. I don't have much to say, other than I'm sorry I couldn't protect you. With Martha here, I feel like I'm really no longer the alpha. Nonetheless, as the only adult the burden falls on me. Or, fell if you're reading this. Martha, take care of Jamie. Get him to Bastrop.

Oh God. One of the dogs picked up a wooden beam in its mouth. They can use tools now? Since w~

OK, they hit the glass and my pencil broke. I'm writing this in blood. They're getting through. Goo

Author's Note:

Arkham Knight. That's all I have to say to explain why I didn't upload yesterday.

I Pinkie Promised I'd make it up to you. Tomorrow I have something super-de-dooper special planned! Another special thing is coming in a little while too, so leave suggestions in the comments for what you want to happen to the gang. Anything for any of the three. Seriously, anything! You never know, some of them just might happen.