• Published 31st May 2015
  • 1,931 Views, 291 Comments

The First Unicorn on Earth - Baileyjrob



A man wakes up to discover everyone is missing, and he's been transformed into a small unicorn. It's him against the world.

  • ...
16
 291
 1,931

July 1, 2015

Dear Journal,

It's July 1, whoop de do. A new month. Jamie seems pretty excited about it though. He asked if we'll be celebrating July 4th, but I told him I don't have any fireworks or the like. I guess we can take one of those cakes from the bakery part of the store? It'll be very stale, but better than nothing. Get little candles. I hope turning on a lighter won't hurt me through my magic. Sounds bullshit, but honestly anything can happen.

The search for the other survivor is lagging behind. I told her to meet me at the grocery store, but she never came. It's been multiple days now, but she still hasn't made an appearance.

I'm currently out trying to find some stuff to make the grocery store more comfortable. Now that I have magic, I can be able to do more things. I'm going to try to... I heard something.


Huh... it worked.

So this is your journal, huh? Yeah, that car that "suddenly" fell down the road? I'm sure you deduced that the parking brakes failed, but in reality I took them out. Perfect timing, really. You were so scared that you left your journal behind. I've read through it, and I must say I'm conflicted.

I've been watching you, Leon. Watching you for a long time. I've noticed a disturbing pattern. Everyone around you dies. Jamie so far seems to have lasted the longest without injury, but we'll see how long that lasts. Something's strange about you, and I don't like it.

Yes, I was the person on the radio. More will be explained in due time. I have to wonder if you're writing everything down that actually happens. Are you as much of a paladin of righteousness as you make yourself sound? Are you really the good guy? Or are you filtering this journal to take out any screw ups you make?

We will meet eventually, I'm sure. I'll always be watching.

– Martha


I don't know who this Martha chick is, but I don't like the sound of her. She returned my journal by dropping it off in front of the store, making sure to leave a note to me in it.

I'll make a broadcast to her tonight. Oh, I've still been doing the speaker thing, just now that I'm not doing voice-to-text, it's harder to put down on paper.

I'll be rereading that note. Maybe there's a clue somewhere.

– Leon.

Author's Note:

The new mare is given a name: Martha! I believe this is my shortest chapter yet. Don't worry, the next will be longer.