• Published 31st May 2015
  • 1,931 Views, 291 Comments

The First Unicorn on Earth - Baileyjrob



A man wakes up to discover everyone is missing, and he's been transformed into a small unicorn. It's him against the world.

  • ...
16
 291
 1,931

August 26, 2015

Dear Journal,

Today was our first day of travel. Everything went... well, nothing went wrong, I'll give today that. At the same time however, nothing went right! We didn't find anyone. That could be due to the method we're using: drive around a town honking a lot before moving on. It doesn't have a huge success rate as you can well imagine.

We've lost contact with the girls. We had originally put a radio in the car, but it's out of range now. We determined that wherever it ran out of range was the point of no return. We put the radio in so we could radio if we got in a crash, or something was wrong with the car, or so that they could radio in if something went wrong. However, by the time we made it out of range there would be no help. If we got in a crash they wouldn't be able to make it in time. If something went wrong with them, the same problem. Past that point, we'd be on our own.

Jamie was really excited when we left. He couldn't wait to meet more people. However, as time went on, he's become increasingly frustrated. I won't lie, I have too. We've spent so much time on the road, and nothing. Luckily most of the towns we came across were small. With one or two exceptions, they were pretty easy to quickly check. Now it's still FAR from a thorough check, but it's what we could do. We're gonna dedicate a good portion of tomorrow to checking Phoenix, because that'll take awhile.

Oh, right, I forgot to mention. We're like a town away from Phoenix. We left very early in the morning, and stopped late at night. I'm going to be really tired tomorrow, but whatever. We needed all the time we could get.

We're currently crashing in a house that had left its door... unlocked. Look, the door was on the floor when I got there! It doesn't matter, we're crashing here. Heh, crashing. Because cars.

Hard to write, nothing real substantial happened. I'm also really tired. I feel like Phoenix is our last hope. If we don't find anyone there... well... I don't know what to think.

Anyway, I'm gonna hit the hay. Heh, hay. Because horses... yeah I'm really tired. 'Night!

– Leon

P.S. Driving for a long time with no radio to listen to does a number on the psyche. I might pick up a CD or something before I go.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter, but the next one will more than make up for it.