• Published 31st May 2015
  • 1,930 Views, 291 Comments

The First Unicorn on Earth - Baileyjrob



A man wakes up to discover everyone is missing, and he's been transformed into a small unicorn. It's him against the world.

  • ...
16
 291
 1,930

July 8, 2015

Dear Journal,

*written in somewhat legible handwriting*

I haven't had much in the way of entertainment while I've been stuck here. Mostly just a barely lit room. I could doodle in my journal, but I don't want to wear out the pencil, and I want the integrity of the journal preserved. So I've been practicing magic. I've been rapidly getting better. I tried a lot of tests with absentmindedly writing, writing while levitating the journals, et cetera. After many failed attempts (you may notice ripped out pages before this) I got it down. When you have all day to practice, and nothing else to do, you get stuff done. As I'm writing this, I'm levitating the pencil and the book, and writing down my thoughts while pacing around. Hopefully it looks okay.

I've been considering what to do, and after much deliberation I've decided to escape. My worries still stand, so I'll have to wait for the right moment. In the meantime, I'll try to learn how to gallop by going in circles.


Dear Journal,

Turns out a small room isn't a satisfactory area for horses to gallop. Who woulda' thunk it? I banged my head more times than I can count, and I stopped when I heard a crunch from where my alicorn is. I didn't actually damage my alicorn, but I don't want to take the risk.


Dear Journal,

I'm so bored.


Dear Journal,

I'M SO BORED!!!


Dear Journal,

I complained about being bored, and Martha brought me some cards to play solitaire. I lost... seven times.

Damn that five of hearts, it's out to get me I tell you!


Dear Journal,

Nighttime is rolling around, and nothing really happened today. The garden grown food is absolutely excellent, too. Here's something weird though: Martha gave me some milk. I told her that ponies can't have dairy products, and she shrugged and downed the entire cup! I drank some, and I feel just fine. I guess the milk I drank on May 29th was expired or something. Given what I did to the dairy freezer (It deserved it!) I doubt anything in there's still sanitary. Plus the electricity went off, so everything in the freezer probably... oh God THAT'S what the smell was!

I then asked for some meat to test my luck, and she said that our biology can't handle that. I was wrong about the dairy, but right about the meat. Anyway, I loved milk as a human. I would drink a gallon of milk a day. No joke. So... DRINKING THAT MILK WAS THE BEST EXPERIENCE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!! Screw learning magic, milk was the best experience. Then again, the experience of learning magic was a tad... soured for me, no pun intended. I don't believe in one, but if there's a heaven I wonder if Max is looking down on me. Hey Max, can I have some divine help to get out of here?

And the power shut off to the building... thanks Max!


Dear Journal,

I'm free! Well, sort of. Kind of. See, when the power went out I chose to stick to the darkest paths where the setting sun wouldn't illuminate the path. I managed to stick to the shadows and find my saddle bag. Using my new and improved levitation, I levitated my gun up, and loaded it with a bullet. I hoped I wouldn't have to kill Martha, but I was ready if need be.

I made for the exit, but I came across Martha. She made to stop me and I held the gun up, causing her to glare. I informed her that I didn't want to shoot her, I just wanted to leave unopposed. As I opened the door and stepped out, I heard the clopping of two hooves together. Against my better judgement, I turned around to she Martha on her haunches, clapping.

She informed me that this was all a test. She had seen the murders taking place around me, and she wanted to figure out if I was a psychopathic murderer or not. So she locked me up for two days, before purposely shutting off the power and confronting me in my escape. If I refused to kill her, than I was good. I then asked her what if I had tried to kill her. She responded by pulling out a gun I hadn't known was slung around her back and shooting a few inches away from me. Before I could get a good look at it, she put it away. I still don't think it was a very well thought out plan, but God damn if she isn't the most intimidating 13 year old on the face of this Earth.

So, Martha's now a part of our little squad. She insisted I stay at her place for a day as the "guest of honor" as apology for her doubts and poor treatment of me. She... REALLY insisted. I don't think I truly am free, at least for the night. Jamie should be okay, right?"

– Leon

Author's Note:

Sorry for late uploads guys, I've been busy watching a ton of "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood." Awesome show by the way. Also some "Doctor Who."