• Published 31st May 2015
  • 1,931 Views, 291 Comments

The First Unicorn on Earth - Baileyjrob



A man wakes up to discover everyone is missing, and he's been transformed into a small unicorn. It's him against the world.

  • ...
16
 291
 1,931

July 30, 2015

Dear Journal,

It's been confirmed in my eyes, there are two rival dog gangs. I'll occasionally see skirmishes between dogs, usually with clear organization. It's hard to tell which belong to which gang, but they clearly know. They'll save each others' lives, double team enemies, avoid allies. One thing's been made clear: Dallas has been turned into a war zone. These dogs are getting smarter, disturbingly smarter. I even saw one carrying a torch. A fucking torch! Some have harnessed fire! I don't know what's more impressive: that they learned to harness fire, or that said fire didn't burn them.

Jamie's worried that Leon didn't make it, and to be frank I don't think he did. I'm really not all that worried, although the loss of magic could be crippling in the future. I'm sure I could invent something. Speaking of which, my bipedal braces (or B.B. for short) are working great! They can hold up to stress fairly well, as long as I don't take both hooves off the floor. It can't support my full body weight. Also, the wheels need more friction I think. I find moving with them on slippery, and slopes are most certainly not my friend. The former problem could be easily addressed by tightening some screws, the latter will be much more difficult to accommodate for. I'll manage.

I have yet to see hide or tail (that's now more literal than I'd like it to be) of that new person. I'm going to call it Sam. That's a good name for either gender. I didn't get a chance to see if it was male or female, so Sam will be my name for this mysterious person until further evidence comes to life.

Now what I'm most curious about was that Sam was completely fine walking with the dogs when I saw him/her. Could this tribe of dogs be friendly? Does Sam have some sort of connection to them that makes him/her good in their eyes? Some sort of deal? Are they even at the intelligence level to do that yet?

I don't know. I'm getting tired of this. Luckily it's been raining a lot lately. Like a downpour. Day after day for at least an hour, usually much more. I like it. I've always liked the sound of rain hitting the glass outside my house. It's always strange to think that those little droplets, so insignificant on their own, will evaporate into even lesser forms, but when combined they form great clouds, providing shade to those that reside below and fuel for the imagination. The smallest things can be great when they work together.

No real developments today, but we're going to see if we can maybe make our way back to the radio tower, and maybe attract Sam along the way.

– Martha