• Published 31st May 2015
  • 1,931 Views, 291 Comments

The First Unicorn on Earth - Baileyjrob



A man wakes up to discover everyone is missing, and he's been transformed into a small unicorn. It's him against the world.

  • ...
16
 291
 1,931

June 18, 2015

Dear Journal,

Jamie's still missing. I was wondering if he'd come back for food or shelter or the like, but he hasn't. This makes me worried, as I've noticed dogs are starting to become seemingly more intelligent. It makes me nervous that vicious animals are becoming intelligent.

Heh, kinda hypocritical coming from me, huh?

I tried to learn more about radios, and I discovered that many cities have a local emergency station. I looked mine up. The closest thing I have is Farmer's Branch. Its Emergency frequency is 1670 kHz. If my research holds true, that means it's an AM station. I don't know if this radio is an AM radio, but I'll figure it out. I hope.

I'm still researching though.

Now that I can handwrite (Hoofwrite? Horn write?) I can update at different variables in the day easily. I'll update again later.


As Max called it, I'm face hoofing. I'm an idiot. I have what's called an analog radio, and they tune into both AM and FM radios. I still don't know about the scanner, but here's the thing. With this radio, I have to manually turn the entire radio to the direction of the broadcast. So... I don't know what to do about that. I don't know where the radio tower is. I set the frequency to 1670 kHz and put it down. This thing is AC powered, so I plugged it into the generator and unplugged the computer. I printed all of the previous journals out first and taped them in. So no lost info.

Now, I still have a lot of research on radios to go, and this generator is gas powered. Now there's a gas station across the street (lucky me) but even so it's a finite resource. No more gas will be being pumped there, so I only have what's over there. Granted that's a lot for one person (hopefully two soon) but still. My radio does not have a transmitter, unfortunately. I'll need to find a scanner to be able to scan ham frequencies. It's the easiest for consumers. I've been learning a lot from my research, but I still have a long ways to go.

My magic is coming along well. I tested to see if it interfered with the radio, but I don't know. Nothing came out, but I also can't broadcast signals. If only I had a transceiver...

I really do hope everything I'm saying makes sense. I've got such a rudimentary knowledge on this stuff... I have almost no clue what I'm doing.


"Dear Dallas, Texas,

"I really hope to soon have a transmitter up and running. I have a receiver up and running... sort of kind of. I'd love to talk to any of you. If you're worried about me being hostile... somehow, leave a message with a frequency outside and we could...

"Nevermind, I'd only be able to hear you. Which is great, but still not helpful. Uh... would you mind leaving a transmitter out there? Or a transceiver? That'd be even better! I think... I'm still confused on all of this stuff.

"I've come to doubt there are more of you out there, but I'd certainly hope so.

"Dearly wishing,

"Leon"


Oh yeah, I hooked the generator up to the microphone and stereo... system.

Microphone...

could I find a way to use that as a transmitter? I'm too tired to figure out today, but we'll check tomorrow.

– Leon

Author's Note:

So... Leon's learning about radios. Replace Leon with Baileyjrob and it's the same deal.

I know very little about how radios work on a technical level, so I'm trying to figure out how to be accurate... and it's slow business. Particularly on the part with transmitters and radio scanners. If any of you out there could help, I'd be very thankful.