• Published 24th Nov 2014
  • 1,905 Views, 99 Comments

All I Really Want For Hearths Warming... - Ugly-Duckling123



We get a little look at what a certain orange filly wants for Hearths Warming

  • ...
9
 99
 1,905

Chap 14

Now the storm had past everyone was able to go home. However Rainbow Dash and her parents choose to stay at the orphanage so Scootaloo could have one last Hearths Warming with the pony's she grew up with.

The next morning there was total chaos as all the foals were running around waking everyone else up so they could start opening the presents that were left under the tree, with ribbons and paper everywhere.

"Oh cool a new toy solider," Robin said holding the toy in his hoof and started playing with it.

"A lock and key diary," Little Lucy cried "Now none of you will be able to read my entries."

"The next Dareing Do book," Snowdrift said next, leaving it at that and opening the present and began reading it subconsciously blocking out all the noise that was still going on around her.

"A new dot-to-dot book," Pine-Cone said holding it up then going off to find a pencil.


The only one who didn't seem to have a gift was Holly Leaf and she checked around the base of the tree three times.

"Natty?" she said coming over to the grown ups all with drinks to keep them awake "Did I end up on Santa's Naughty list because of how I acted with Diamond Tiara and Sliver Spoon yesterday? Because I can't find my gift anywhere?"

"I'm sure it takes way more than a misunderstanding like that so close to Hearths Warming to get on Santa's Naughty list kid," Rainbow said placing a happy Scootaloo playing with her Spitfire plushie, which was the 'From Santa' gift she got when she went to see him, and went to go look herself getting right under the tree.

"Anything there Dashie?" Scootaloo asked back at the door frame.

"There's something," Rainbow said muffled, "But it's stuck and I'm too big to get it," she said coming out.

"Can I try?" Scootaloo asked giving her toy to Holly to look after then going under the tree and a few seconds later coming out puling with her a medium sized box, looked at the label and gave it to Holly.

Holly took the box into her hooves and lifted the lid.

Inside was a toy reindeer that had a red felt nose and a kind smile on it's face a golden coin around it's neck on a red ribbon which read 'Rudolph', and in the box with the toy were twelve pony-sized coins each one with one of the foals names on it, and a note signed S.H.

"Hey it's Rudolph," Holly Leaf said smiling hugging him as Scootaloo handed out the coins and gave the note to Rainbow Dash who began reading it.

"Ahem...

'Dear colts and fillies of Ponyville Orphanage,

These are very special medals I am giving to you called 'The Medals of Valuer' which I only give to my best Reindeer.

The medals are given to those who show Courage, Character and A heart that's true, and each one is specially made by my elf-ponies so that they will never get broken or lose their shine.

You, to me my children all showed that you had all those things when you wrote to me your Hearths Warming wishes all asking for the same thing for somepony you all love.

And to Holly Leaf since you didn't say what you would like instead of that wish, I give this toy reindeer of the one and only Rudolph, hoping he will help keep the light going every year that you showed in this one.

Signed S.H.'"

Rainbow finished and looked up to see a room of proud of them grownups and slightly confused but happy foals.

"Looks like you lot certainly impressed Santa then dears," Firefly said helping some foals with their medals.

Natty nodded as she helped a few more "Though I'm not sure how he would have gotten them since the post office was closed remember?" she whispered to Rainbow who shrugged and went back to her drink.

"Hang on there's something else under here," Scootaloo said coming back out again checking the label and going straight to Rainbow handing the box over.

Taking the box Rainbow took off the lid and found four tickets to the Cloudsdale Wonderbolts Hearths Warming show that would be shown that afternoon, and another note signed by the same pony saying

'Hope this years show would make you just as happy as the one you saw as a filly did,
Happy Hearths Warming
S.H.

P.S. Well done with your song yesterday. I knew you could do it.'

Confused about the Post-Script Rainbow just let that slide and checked that the tickets were real and then turned to her parents trying to work out which one it was who bought them, but they were just as confused as her.

"You're going to take me to the show aren't you Rainbow?" Scootaloo asked looking up at her new big sister with pleading eyes tilting her head and leaning towards her a bit.

"Course I am Squirt," Rainbow said telling herself to question her parents later as she ruffled up the tom-boy's hair.


That afternoon the Dash's were just getting comfy in their seats in the Cloudosseum hooves full of snacks and drinks when Scootaloo asked a question that was chipping away at the back of her mind that just broke through the outer crusting.

"What did everypony wish for for Hearths Warming, Mum?" Scootaloo asked Firefly, who was sitting next to her, who froze a bit that the question was coming towards her.

"What do you mean dear?" Firefly asked.

"Well... Santa's note said everyone only got those medals because they all wished for the same thing..." Scootaloo said explaining her question. "So I'm wondering what it is they all wished for."

Leaning in a bit to keep this as private as possible, Firefly whispered in her new daughter's ear "That you would get your wish this Hearths Warming." she said kissing her on the forehead, then turned to the arena as the trumpets went off signaling the show was about to start.


~*~

Scootaloo didn't pay that much attention to the show. She 'Awed' and cheered and clapped when everyone did, but the rest of the time she was thinking that...

That everyone was right about her already having a family before this year. She was just so busy not liking the holiday she didn't truly see it, But from now on, Hearths Warming would be one of her most favorite holidays of the year.

The End

Comments ( 14 )

5405102 I was running out of ideas... :unsuresweetie:

Hope you liked it though - thanks for sticking with it too :twilightsmile:

5405187 NP. All good things have to end sometime I guess

It was good, but it did have its flaws — not that I'm going to bother going into further details about said flaws since one, people already have and two, you don't seem to take criticism that well.

5441496 Thanks for you're words of help, not sure if I'll see if any will get done though.

I was never all that good at English at school, which is why (I think) you found so many problems

Other than everything you called out, I hoped you liked the story

:twilightsmile:

5575957 Wondered when someone would notice that :ajsmug:

please don't hate me for doing it, I just thought it would be cool to have a Santa in here, what with it being a Hearths Warming story and all :fluttershysad:

Comment posted by TheGreatEater deleted Feb 28th, 2015
Comment posted by Ugly-Duckling123 deleted Feb 28th, 2015

5680792

Rainbow get the leaders...

Princess Platinum, Chancellor Pudding Head and Commander Hurricane

The park gets Smart Cookie, Private Pansy and Clover the Clever

(I tried to get the main six's colors to the right pony they played in the panto in 'Hearth Warming Eve' )

"There something,"

There's
____________

'Dear colts and filly's of Ponyville Orphanage,

fillies
___________

I give this toy reindeer of one and only Rudolph, hoping he will help keep the light going every year that you showed in this one.

of the
____________

That afternoon the Daherys were just getting comfy in their seats in the Cloudosseum hooves full of snacks and drinks when Scootaloo asked a question that was chipping away at the back of her mind that just broke through the outer crusting.

Dash's
_____________

She 'Awed' and cheered and clapped when everyone did, but the rest of the time she was thinking that...

Move up to previous line.
______________

Well all in all, that was a d'aww worthy fic. There were a few things pointed out in previous comments by others, so I don't really need to repeat them. All in all, this was a 3.5 /5 fic.

6422518 You mean... You mean you don't like it :fluttercry:

read my enteritis

You know that enteritis is the name of a medical condition, right? :facehoof: Let me guess. Autocorrect trollin' you. :trollestia:

6739645 Well i did this last Christmas and didn't know what any of season 5 will be - And there for any songs
6739694 That's what i set it as :twilightsmile:
6739916 And no... I've just got really bad spelling...

Thanks for reading this though and the comments :yay:

Login or register to comment