• Published 24th Nov 2014
  • 1,905 Views, 99 Comments

All I Really Want For Hearths Warming... - Ugly-Duckling123



We get a little look at what a certain orange filly wants for Hearths Warming

  • ...
9
 99
 1,905

Chap 4

Author's Note:

Ok in case you don't work it out...
I'm going to set the CMC as the leaders of their 'tribes' in the snowball fight gaining the names of
Commander Hurricane, Princess Platinum and Chancellor Pudding Head

:scootangel::unsuresweetie::applecry: - (ignore how upset and confused Bloom and Sweetie are.)

(And a note to whoever wants to know what the children look like - I have no images in my head for them, so use your own imaginations and think them up yourself by using their names)

Back down in Ponyville, Scootaloo had rounded up all the colts and fillys in town and was at this point the commander of her side on the three way snowball fight they were having.

"Unicorns at two o'clock Commander," Rumble called out before ducking so he didn't get hit.

"Earth Ponies coming from the left Ma'am," Silver Wing then said next.

"Well then fire," Scootaloo said to those in the front line of her group. "The rest of you continue to make those snowballs, we're gonna need all the ammo we can get."

"Aye aye Commander," the Pegasi foals called out saluting her before setting to their jobs.


*Over with the Unicorns*

"Princess there seems to be Earth Ponies and Pegasi heading this way," Stardust relayed the info to Sweetie Belle who was helping make snowballs. "What should we do Princess?"

"Err..." Sweetie Belle said trying to do three things at once, make balls, listen to the problems, and work out a strategy. "Continue advancing towards their forts and hit all those who are not Unicorns with balls, you..." she pointed to a few who were with her "Collect some of these and take them to the 'towers' you will be back-up for those on the ground. if they don't see an enemy about to fire at them, you fire at the enemy."

"Yes Ma'am," the small group said gathering up half of snowballs and going to the higher level of their fort to set out their princesses orders.


*Over with the Earth Ponies*

"We're nearly at the Pegasi's fortress Chancellor" Twist relaid holding her hooves as if she had binoculars.

"Good," Apple Bloom said throwing a couple of snowballs at the advancing Unicorns and Pegasi "How are we getting to the Unicorns?"

"It seems that they now have a second line of throwers Chancellor," Twist answered falling backwards when a ball whacked her in the face shot by a Pegasi.

"Twist!" Apple Bloom cried ducking a ball aiming for her from the same direction. After a few well aimed shots drenching the Pegasi in snow she called over her shoulder, "Whoever's the most free... Take Twist to the back of the fort and see to it that she's alright."

There was a call of "Right away Chancellor," before Aqua Fresh came and helped Twist to the back of the fort.

And the fight raged on until parents started to call their kids in for the night.

"But... But we haven't discovered who's the best tribe yet," Scootaloo said zipping down from her look out point from her fort and running toward the middle of the battle field "Come on, guys none of us even touched any of the others forts," she tried "We need to continue with our game..."

"Scoots," Apple Bloom said coming down too "I know you like this I do too, and I'm sure everyone does," she said looking around getting nods "But we need to be heading home so our families don't worry about us and get to where it's warm."

"Yeah Scootaloo," Sweetie Belle said joining them "And besides Rarity said she'd let me help decorate the house once she shut down the shop and that was half an hour ago. And she does not like to be kept waiting so I have to go," she said heading in the right direction "Great game though." she called over her shoulder "We should try it again tomorrow." she said before enhancing her speed while still being careful and left the park.

"Yeah I should go too," some more foals said apologizing "Yeah me too Scoots sorry." "Yeah my dad said he'd play with me when he got home from work, so see ya later."

And just like that Scootaloo and Apple Bloom were the only ones there.

"Scoots..." Apple Bloom tried to say.

"Just leave me alone please Bloom," Scootaloo said as she started trudging towards the orphanage "Besides you need to get back to your 'Family' remember."

"Scoots, if you want to stay out a bit longer I can stay a bit, AJ and Mac are extending my curfew by a couple of hours now so I don't need to start heading back now." Apple Bloom explained still seeing her head-down friend walk away from her. Thinking quickly she ran up to Scootaloo and asked the question she always used on Applejack to get her to play in the snow.

"Hey Scoots... You want to build a snowpony?"

This got Scootaloo to stop for a minute, then she smiled and nodded to her friend. With that the two set to work building a snowpony and playing in the snow until the last lights of Celestia's sun lost their shine and Luna's moon took it's place.


Scootaloo had just got into the front door of the orphanage and shut it, when she was ambushed by the colts and fillies asking if she was any better tonight.

"A bit better," she said trying to get through them to the fire place.

"Can we take your scarf and hat for you Scootaloo?" a couple colts asked holding their hooves.

"Err... yeah thanks," Scootaloo said taking off her scarf and hat and handing them over to them.

"Come into the living room Scootaloo..." Holly said pulling on the older filly and leading her to right in front of the fire place, as Snowdrift then placed a blanket over her and held out a mug of hot chocolate.

"Err... Not that I don't like all this attention and all guys," Scootaloo said yawning slightly "But what's this all about?"

"The kids thought that they should try and say sorry for bugging you each day to take them to see Santa," Frostbite said as he came in with a plate of gingerbread ponies and another of mash potatoes and veg.

"Oh... You lot don't need to do that," Scootaloo said getting up and looking to the foals "I... I was upset last night and didn't know what I was saying."

"So... So you don't, don't see us as family?" Robin asked sticking his little hoof up in the air.

"And you don't think this is a stupid holiday?" Pine-Cone asked next.

"And you don't think it's just so business ponies can get more money?" Little Lucy asked last.

"Err...?" Scootaloo said laying her head back down when she couldn't think of anything to say, because she did think all of those things.

"Come on kids," Frostbite said quickly "Lets get those Hearths Warming lists started and leave Scoots to have her dinner in peace."

One by one the foals silently left the living room till Holly Leaf was left and she rushed over and gave Scootaloo a quick hug then followed the others to the dining room.

~~*~~

"Ok kids, remember to keep what you want from Santa quick and simple," Natty said after Holly had come in and everyone had a bit of paper and a pencil. "We don't want to wear out the elf ponies by making them work so hard less than five days before Hearths Warming."

"What about Scootaloo?" Robin asked "Doesn't she want to make a Hearths Warming list?"

"We'll see if she'll want to later," Natty replied looking to Frostbite who wore the same face knowing for a fact that Scoots won't want to write one.

"Natty," Holly asked calling her over.

"Yes Holly?" she asked looking over to her to she wanted to ask.

"Can I use my wish to wish that somepony else gets their wish?" she whispered to the helper.

"I think that would be very sweet of you Holly Leaf," Natty replied "Who do you want it for? If I can ask?" she asked.

"Scootaloo." she said turning to her paper smiling placing the pencil in her mouth as she wrote that wish down, folded the paper and stuffed it into the envelope. Then she placed it on the counter and rushed out of the dining room and back to Scootaloo who had fallen asleep.

Leaving a slightly stunned and worried Natty behind, and all the others nodding their heads and mumbling as they put pencil to paper too.

"You ok Nat?" Frostbite asked looking up and going over to her when she didn't answer.

"Um... I think we should try and make Scoots wish come true this year," Nat said then looked at the others who had just placed their letters on top of Holly's and went to join her and Scootaloo. "And we might want go through those letters as well."

"Why?" he asked as she began to look at all the foals letters to Santa getting a less happy face with each letter.

"Cause other than the fact that this would be her eighth year if we don't..." Nat said placing the last letter back in it's envelope and her face in her hooves. "They all asked for it to come true for her."

"Oh..." Frostbite said "But how?" he asked as Chris came into the room hearing the problem.

"No idea..." she said.

"I'm sure it will all be fine Nat," he said as he got himself some dinner and a cup of tea.

"How would you know?" Natty asked looking over at him.

"I just feel it will." Chris said smiling, a slight twinkle in his eyes, and smile on his lips.