• Published 24th Nov 2014
  • 1,905 Views, 99 Comments

All I Really Want For Hearths Warming... - Ugly-Duckling123



We get a little look at what a certain orange filly wants for Hearths Warming

  • ...
9
 99
 1,905

Chap 9

Scootaloo couldn't remember when she last felt this happy.

The rest of the afternoon she and Rainbow Dash were hanging out with the Wonderbolts and enjoying the apple pies that were at the snack table brought over by Applejack.

"That was some rather nice singing you did there Rainbow Dash," Spitfire, the team leader, complemented her. "I especially liked those cloud shapes you did in the middle of it."

"Thank you," Rainbow said smiling a mug of cider in her hoof. "I'm not much of a lone singer though so I'm surprised everypony liked it that much."

"Bet it was because they knew you would beat the stuffing out of them if they didn't like it," Scootaloo said by her side a mug of hot chocolate held out in front of her, grinning a little too much.

"I thought you said you liked it Squirt," Rainbow said questioningly, "That it reminded you of your mum."

"That doesn't mean everyone else did," Scootaloo said "Maybe you need to do another song just to check..."

"Alright I'll... Hey!" Rainbow said as she realized where Scootaloo was going with this ignoring the laughter and giggles that were coming off the Wonderbolts. "No. I promised Mr. Crinkle one song. And that's what I did."

"Doesn't mean you can't do more Miss Dash," Mr. Crinkle said coming up behind everypony to see if everything was going alright.

"I'm alright thanks," Rainbow said trying to keep her head from growing from all the attention she was getting. "Besides, shouldn't we be wrapping the toy drive up around now or something?" she asked looking towards the clock tower.

"Well actually I was coming over to ask Scootaloo what she wants to do with all those presents she has in her room she says she doesn't want," Mr. Crinkle said turning to the filly "Seeing that Santa Hooves is here at the moment he can take them back if you don't want them, or you can put them in the box and share them with the others tomorrow."

"I think I'll go with that one please Mr. Crinkle," Scootaloo said smiling "The others might get upset that I'm giving away their presents, but because I'm giving them to the Drive and that's for us, they'll just come back and then they can get more presents. Right?"

"A very sweet and well thought out idea Scoots," Natty said coming over to join them too. "You going to join in with the 'Orphanage Family Picture' this year, or are you staying out of it again seeing as you don't see us as that?" she asked nodding to the stage where everyone else was already getting into place, the older foals at the back and the younger ones at the front.

"Can Rainbow and the Crusaders be in this one as well?" Scootaloo asked into her mug, thinking it was about time to tell her two best friends the truth about her.

"If they want to be, I don't see why not." Mr. Crinkle said wondering where they'll stand if they do join in.

Smiling and placing down her hot chocolate, Scootaloo rushed around the park trying to find Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom.

When she couldn't find them on this side of the stage, she went behind it confused as to why everyone was still there, and pricking up her ears when she said her name.

*

"So Scootaloo's been an orphan all this time?" Apple Bloom asked getting nods from Fluttershy and Spectrum and Firefly.

"So why didn't she tell us? We... We could of helped couldn't we?" Sweetie Belle said looking up to a just as surprised Rarity.

"Well most of the time when it comes to things like this Sugarcube," Applejack said looking as if she didn't know what to say or what feelings to show. "The pony in question doesn't want anyone else to know, in case they take pity on them or something."

"One thing I still don't get though Sir," Rarity said looking to Spectrum Dash "Why specifically if not at all send Scootaloo here instead of keeping here in Cloudsdale. Not that we don't mind her being here, it's just why?"

"Because I'm afraid Miss Rarity," Spectrum Dash said giving a deep sigh "It's is because the Cloudsdale Police Force has been lying to everyone about the outcome of the event in question."

At this Scootaloo leaned a little bit closer wanting to know what was going on and what really happened to her parents, even though her mind said to leave it and walk away.

"You see girls," Firefly said looking around as if she knew Scootaloo was there somewhere "Cloudsdale is one of the most dangerous places to live with all the criminals and murders. Which is one reason why the Princess allowed us to have our own police force." she said.

"So what happened to Scootaloo's parents was done on purpose, Firefly?" Fluttershy asked, getting a nod and a sad look.

"After they were well..." Firefly said not knowing what to say "Princess Celestia and the Cloudsdale Police came together and agreed on that tale, so when Scootaloo would start asking questions, she wouldn't have to go through too much pain."

"And Scootaloo was placed here, because we had feelings that the ponies who got her parents would like to make it a clean sweep, if you girls know what I mean." Spectrum said looking like the story hurt him to say.

Scootaloo couldn't take much more forgetting what she was after, she ran away tears in her eyes and her heart aching as she ran out of the park looked for a good place to hide in and cry and set a course to the Everfree Forest finding a small cave. After checking no one followed her, Scootaloo got into it and let her feelings come out.


Back with the others, Rainbow Dash was getting worried that Scootaloo hadn't come back yet and started to look for her, when she saw the little orange and purple filly zoom out from behind the stage and rush for the Everfree Forest.

Switching her look from the stage and Scootaloo trying to decide who to go to, Rainbow eventually went with Scoots, telling Natty and Frostbite where she was going and set a time limit for them to come in after her if she didn't come back in that time.

Then opening her wings, Rainbow took flight to the Everfree Forest to find and comfort her new sister.