• Published 6th Oct 2014
  • 947 Views, 29 Comments

Shard: A Shining Visitor - Hopeful_Ink_Hoof



Shining Armor comes to visit his sister after a break-up

  • ...
2
 29
 947

Back Again Back Again

Shining Armor stood at the train station, looking up the tracks in the direction of the approaching train. He let out a sigh, turning to face the others: Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, and Rarity.

"Well, looks like my ride's here," he said. "Guess I should start saying my goodbyes."

Rarity moved forward first, holding out a hoof.

"It was wonderful to meet you," she said.

"You as well," Shining responded, taking her hoof in his own and shaking it.

"And don't worry about them," Rarity gestured toward Twilight and Fluttershy. "I'll be sure to keep an eye on them for you until your next visit." She let his hoof go and moved away.

Shining Armor grinned, letting out a chuckle.

"Thanks. But don't worry too much. With both of them here, I'll be trying to visit more often."

"You better," Twilight stated, moving forward. "I don't want to just see you when there's a problem." She wrapped her forelegs around his neck, pulling him into a hug.

"You have everything, right?"

Shining Armor returned the hug, but rolled his eyes at the question.

"Well, mom," he retorted, "I didn't really bring anything with me. So the only thing that I have to take back is the proprosal for my COs. Which I have... right... uhm..."

Where had he put it? He did grab it and bring it with him when he left their house. Had he? If not, it would still be on the table back at the house. There was no time to go back to get it and catch the train. He would have to miss this one and take the next. He would still be on time to work, but would not have as much time to settle back into his place and get ready for a return to normal routine. Maybe he could delay the current train a little and have Fluttershy--

Twilight Sparkle held the scroll up in her magic for Shining Armor to see. She broke the hug and stepped back, smirking as she continued to hold the scroll aloft.

"You were saying?" she asked.

Giving a sheepish smile, Shining Armor reached out with his own power. He took a hold of the scroll and tucked it away to take with him.

"I'll let the mom comment slide." Twilight narrowed her eyes. "This time." With that, she moved away and Fluttershy moved forward, kissing Shining Armor on the cheek.

"Be safe," she said. "I look forward to seeing you again soon."

Smiling, Shining Armor returned the gesture.

"Between my duties as a guard, and your being busy with Luna and Sombra, I doubt we'll have time to even notice the other is gone before we get to see each other again."

The moment between the pair was interrupted by the sound of giggling. The two turned, spotting Rarity who stood there grinning behind her hoof.

"What's so funny?" Shining Armor asked, raising an eyebrow.

"My apologies," Rarity responded, still grinning as she lowered her hoof from her face. "I just find it rather cute that you are acting so chaste and innocent in public. Especially considering how you to seem to have been in -- " she snickered " -- more intimate settings." One of her eyebrows quirked up.

Shining Armor and Fluttershy both went pale.

"H-hu-how do you know about that?" Fluttershy managed to asked, her eyes wide. "Did somepony tell you?"

"Darling," Rarity responded, "nopony needed to tell me. From the way you've been looking when you walk around down, it was quite obvious what happened to put you into such a mood. Plus, I saw the bite marks on Shining's neck when I shook his hoof."

The couple went from pale to pink at the statement, Shining Armor rubbing at his neck, and Fluttershy looked down at the ground, scuffing her hooves.

"What?" Twilight yelped before turning and pressing her face against Fluttershy's. "You bit my brother?! How? Why?"

Before Fluttershy could say anything, Twilight Sparkle was gripped in a pale blue aura of magic and pulled toward Rarity.

"Now, Twilight," Rarity said in a soothing tone, wrapping a foreleg around her friend's neck, "you should know by now not to ask questions that you most assuredly do not wish to hear the answer to."

Twilight turned to face Rarity and opened her mouth. Several seconds passes as she held it like that, not saying anything. Finally, Twilight closed her mouth, let out a snort, and nodded.

"Now boarding!" a voice called out.

"Well that's my cue," Shining Armor said. He turned to start for the train and stopped.

"Oh, what the hay."

Horn glowing, he grabbed Fluttershy and pulled her toward him, causing her to let out a surprised squeak that he found very cute. Before it could register what was going on, the Shining pulled Fluttershy close and gave her a full kiss on the lips. There was a moment of tension from the mare as she felt the stallion's lips against her own. Slowly, she relaxed, returning the passion with her own.

The two broke apart, staring at each other as their mouths separated. Shining Armor panted as Fluttershy's cheeks were flushed with color. Nearby, Rarity stood by grinning while Twilight Sparkle looked away, her cheeks colored as well. Saying nothing, but smiling widely, Shining Armor stepped away from the mares and onto the train.

"Last call," the voice from before shouted. "All aboard for Canterlot."

Twilight, Fluttershy and Rarity all stood there quietly, watching the train as it began to pull away.

"Well," Rarity said as the train left the station, "that was entertaining." She turned to walk off the platform. "I almost feel like I was part of a romance novel. How about we stop by Sugarcube Corner and have something sweet. It will be my treat."

"That sounds nice," Twilight responded, "but not necessary."

"I know. But I'm still making the offer." Rarity paused, rubbing her chin. "Well, it's not really an offer, I suppose. In point, I insist. I think it will do us all some good to sit down and bond over a little over something tasty. I'll even pay for something to take back to Luna."

"I'm certain she would appreciate that," Fluttershy said softly. She continued to stand on the platform, watching the train until it shrank down to a pin prick and disappeared. With a turn, she joined the other two and started the walk toward the center of town.

As they walked, a buzzing sound began to reach them. Fluttershy heard it first. A faint, distant, constant hum just at the edge of her hearing. Something about it sounded familiar. She was certain that she had heard it before, and recent, but she could not quite place it.

The answer came to her from the down the road ahead of them. An orange figure moved toward them rapidly, leaving a trail of dust in its wake. As it moved closer, the figure became easier and easier to make out.

Scootaloo twisted the handlebars of her scooter, turning the vehicle into a slide as it came to a stop in front of the trio. A wagon that had been tied to the back swung widely from the momentum before stopping as well. Audible groans came from the three mares inside.

"Did you have to stop like that?" Apple Bloom grumbled. Sweetie Belle was currently lunging over the side as she audibly expressed her own discomfort from how things ended up. Luna was sprawled out against the wall, her wings spread wide.

"Sorry," Scootaloo said with a sheepish grin. "I'm not used to pulling other ponies behind me. Besides, we found them."

"You were looking for us?" Twilight asked, looking at the four fillies.

"Sort of," Apple Bloom replied. "Luna says something came in through dragon mail. She wanted to get it to Fluttershy right away."

Fluttershy stepped forward, taking a look down to see Luna moving to get back up onto her hooves.

"Are you okay?"

"That was fun," Luna shouted with a grin. "Maybe over the summer, Scootaloo could give other ponies rides, and we could charge them for it." Her eyes suddenly went wide. "Oh, right." She pulled out a scroll and held it out to Fluttershy. "Here."

As Fluttershy took the scroll and began to open it, Rarity moved around to the other side of the wagon. Her horn lit up as she took a hold of her younger sister, gently lifting her out of wagon and moving her away from the mess the young unicorn had made. Slowly, Rarity lowered Sweetie Belle to the ground, making certain she could stand on her own before releasing the magical hold.

"Are you alright, Sweetie?" Rarity asked, pulling out a handkerchief to clean her sister's mouth.

"I'm okay," Sweetie Belle responded weakly. "Just... not used to being tossed around so much, I guess."

"Well we were on our way to Sugarcube Corner. Would you four care to join us?"

"Yeah!" Luna, Scootaloo and Apple Bloom all shouted, grinning.

"I guess," Sweetie Belle mumbled.

Rarity reached out and ran a hoof gently through her sister's mane.

"I'm certain you will be feeling better by the time we walk there."

"Walk?" Scootaloo groaned, throwing herself against her handlebars. "But that's going to take forever."

"It will do you good to slow down once in a while," Rarity insisted. "Besides, you still have to push your scooter and pull the wagon, so you will still be getting more exercise than the others."

Scootaloo groaned even louder at the thought of doing exercise, even if it was something she did normally.

The four fillies started to head down the street, keeping close to each other. Fluttershy and Twilight Sparkle began to follow, Fluttershy still looking at the scroll.

"What is it?" Twilight finally asked.

"We're invited to a dance," Fluttershy answered. "Princess Temporal wants the six of us and Luna to attend."

"That sounds like fun," Twilight said with a smile.

"...not really..."

Comments ( 1 )

A Dance? Well, well, well, I suspect the Grand Galloping Gala, or something similar at least :raritywink:
Looking forward to it :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment