• Published 8th Mar 2012
  • 32,259 Views, 1,378 Comments

The Cupcake Chronicles - milesprower06



The complete alternate ending saga to Cupcakes. A last minute rescue saves Rainbow Dash from death.

Comments ( 378 )

I like both endings, regular cupcakes and this :pinkiecrazy:

This is probably one of my favourite fanfics ever.

Well, good job man. This is, hooves-down, the best cupcakes fic I've ever read. :pinkiecrazy:

If you ever decide to make side-stories, that would be wonderful. This is an amazing work of literature.

On that note, would you be willing to accept OCs for the side stories? I have several OCs I can lend you, and can cook up more as the situation demands.

What's this? An alt ending of Cupcakes? And it got featured? Intriguing, let's see what this is all about.

One side story I'd like to see is what ever happened to Diamond Tiara, after all the crap she spouted off(which nearly got her bucked to kingdom com by Applebloom) Cheerilee said she was gonna talk to her and her dad and given how Filthy Rich seems to think so foundly of Granny Smith I believe he wouldn't look too kindly on his bratty offspring's actions.

Well, it was interesting to know.
This is still one of my favorite fics. :raritywink:

This is like the Bonus Content on DVDs. I love it. Very insightful.

What's strange to me is that I see this story as two different endings to Cupcakes.
I remember reading the original story 'A Precious Rainbow' on FanFiction quite a while ago and I really enjoyed it, believing that to be a more than satisfying end with a realistic outcome.
Following up with the rest of these chapters, this is where I find the story splits between the realistic and gritty conclusion ('A Precious Rainbow' on it's own) and a more supernatural and expanded conclusion, dealing with romance, magic and drama (every other chapter)
However, I enjoyed all of it and am keen to see if any side stories do come out of it :twilightsmile:

My good sir, it was this same story that brought me back from cupcakes. Actually, it was this fic that inspired me to start reviewing I general. Yurs was this first review I did, and I did nothing short of cry manly... No wait that's wrong. GIRLY TEARS OF SADNESS AND JOY! You sir, are one of the many reasons I adore Mlp fanfiction.

Parts 3 and 4 were cloppy? Huh. I don't seem to remember that. Maybe I'm desensitized to the whole clop thing these days. :trixieshiftright:

704157 Hope you enjoy the rest of it! Thanks for reading.

Cool...recognized the author's name on a random comment. I read A Precious Rainbow on FanFiction, and SO GLAD I found the rest of it!

711067 Thanks for reading!

Once again, I must say this fic was amazing. I loved it. It easily makes it in the top group of fics I've read, which is a large number. I enjoyed almost all of it, (except Pinkie's return which I already explained to you. It should've been Apple Bloom!) and it worked out perfectly. It portrayed RD in the best slice of life way possible, i really felt how realistic it all seemed. I'm a bit disappointed by the cutting out of that AppleDash part and Marty's letter. Those would've been great to include, they provided an interesting and somewhat sweet filler. So I now ask you to go through with your side stories, I need more!

I've seen you on the RT forums for a while now, and I never knew you had content here until recently. I've honestly never read Cupcakes... but I think I can infer enough of its plot through what was written here. :fluttercry:

This was a very good read! I wasn't sure what to expect going into it, but it was definitely worth the last 5 hours I spent reading. The gore-y bits were a bit tough to stomach since that's not my cup of tea, but you kept it relevant to the plot so it wasn't that bad. Overall it was an engaging emotional roller coaster ride from start to finish, and I'm definitely going to check your other work as well.

:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

Splendid. I'm only on chapter 27 currently, and I love it, but I do have some serious complaints.

You keep using "2 years later," "1 year later," "1 month later" to denote the present day. Stop. JUST SAY "Present day."

Again, continuing reading this, I must stress. Edit it NOW and set all timesettings of what's going on in the present day to say "Present day." You have no idea how confusing it is to be in a flashback and then "3 weeks later" and have to wonder "Is that present day? Or, is it still a flashback?" It distracts greatly from the story. Fix it.

Also, use events for timing. "50 minutes after Dash's rescue" would be nice to see. It makes it much easier to keep track of the timeline.

Sidenote:
“And you won't believe how the rainbows are made.”
Is that a Rainbow Factory reference I spy?

737816 As demonstrated in Season 2 and many wide-shots of Sweet Apple Acres, is more than an apple farm.

First: Letter from Marty can be a separate chapter.
Named: "Letter from Marty" and Author's notes moved 1 chapter later.
In my opinion it would fit as a good after-ending.
No more text, only letter.

Second: This is fairy tale. A horror fairy tale. :pinkiecrazy:
It creeps to the deepest parts of soul and makes some deep fear surface. Especially the journal.
Pinkie going into madness, loosing control. Literally only emotion is "The horror! The horror!" and something along lines of Silent Hill.

Third: Praises.
All chapters are written good ways and cliffhangers leave to wish to read next chapter and next.
The mind of murderer and mind of victim. I might say "By the book", but every story is unique and here it is literally shown in plain text.
It is not made to cry, it is not made for laughs. It is the horror movie in text that creeps all deep fears out and forces them to dance to the song of maniac.
I hope i explained my point of view. :twilightsmile:
And I suspect you did read some French fairy tales. :trixieshiftright:
But if say more simple way: I like it! All of it!


Fourth:
For all those who take their health and well-being for granted, I will give them link here. Let them try to feel same way as Rainbow Dash without wings.

742781 Um nope. No French fairy tales at all.

I can't even begin to describe the feelings you made me feel

It's a true masterpiece, level: shakespeare.

I'm still torn with 'it takes a village' and this to be my favourite fic
AppleDash kinda won me over but the deaths of many ponies and Pinkie Pie herself made me sad:raritycry:

763545 Thanks for reading. Glad you enjoyed it!

764168 Hey guess what? I just had a dream from Pinkie's perspective. I'm up at 3 AM

789632 Sorry to hear that. The majority of readers were able to look past minor flaws.

Apart from her wings and her removed cutie marks and a portion of her leg muscles, Rainbow was not "flayed alive". AJ rescued her before being cut open.

789632 I sincerely hope you read it in it's entirety, and enjoy it. It's currently the 5th highest rated Appledash story on FiMFiction.

789756 Your loss. Or from what I read above, maybe not. Next.

789756 Again, sorry you can't find the strength to continue. The opinion was that I improved as the story went on.

This was written (not posted) over the course of a year, when I began writing it in June of 2011. I find it incredibly hard to take your criticism to heart, simply because you quit reading. If you are only drawn to the flaws, and not to what the overwhelming majority loved about this story, then perhaps this is not for you.

Good day.

What is everyone talking about? This isn't an alternate ending to cupcakes..... Cupcakes is an alternate ending to this :pinkiehappy:

815959 Heh, why thanks. First time I've heard it put that way, lol.

821944 I loved everybit of it and the ending was terrific!! this has gotten me to cry quite a bit and the first time I read this, it stopped at the point where Luna gave the Journal to RD. I was very surprised to see that there was more now. and I was very happy to say the least. Everything after that was just wow!
On a side note: thanks for giving me a nightmare :ajbemused: you get quite a few :moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache: for that!:pinkiehappy:
Also, I would :heart: it if this story would go on... it would be quite awesome! and the last part... it gave me the chills when you were refering the the rainbowfactory story... I:heart:it again:pinkiehappy:
I think I'll just go print this story and put it in a special MLP story folder along with the other fav stories of mine.
All in all... This story was just that, EPIC to the core!
as for the minor flaws in the story, I think it was a good thing that you had RD's recovery quite short, as the time span of the story would be too long.
Keep up the EPIC work!:heart:
815959 :rainbowlaugh:yes, yes it that is certainly true!
698833 yes, I would like to see that as well, but maybe we'll be seeing that in the story if our beloved authors continue this awesome story!:pinkiehappy:

watching you,
Kladdos

This chronicle is in my top 10 story list. I am shure I have said this before but this truly is the best alter ending of Cupcakes I have ever read.

855231 Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for reading!

856022
To make it better, well, I have easy to go into caracter of the one the story focus on at the moment. I mean that I feal the same fealings as the caracter. It is pretty good and makes it harder to forget a story. I culd never ask for a better Cupcake ending. If I had the equipment needed, I maybe even wuld record when I read and put it on youtube.

............ Not too many words I can think to use right now. Incredibly, mind-blowingly good. Thank you for this.
:heart::heart::heart:

958763 If you don't like it, stop reading. No apologies for the shipping.

I just spent the last...I don't know how long...Reading the whole story in one sitting, when I should've been writing my fic. That's how great this is.

A perfect after-story to an alt ending of Cupcakes, with everypony staying in character and the character relationships getting more intense every chapter.

Ended on such a good and funny note, too.

Kudos to you for this story. You've gotten a well earned follower.

~ Holly

968554 I won't be connecting Rainbow Factory to this at all. This was just a last minute joke I had decided to throw in.

1024992
No, the gravemarkers were crosses, and I agree with what you said that they worship the two alicorns, so i found this OOC for the ponies

1025171 I am Christian, yes, but I wasn't foreshadowing anything. To me, that's simply the most simple and common form of grave marker.

ah well, I wasn't trying to be annoying, I just wanted to point out something I found slightly OOC. sorry if it bothered you

1084542 The simple answer is I didn't include any Season 2 content.

Woot! So glad to see this here. I love these stories; they fixed me after Cupcakes.
Incidentally, they were also the first not-Cupcakes fanfiction I read in the fandom.
I actually read this before I was a brony, back when I was drifting towards this whole thing. *gestures wildly at the ponynet*
I lovelovelove these stories!
That is all.
Journcy Out.
:pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment