• Published 13th Feb 2012
  • 4,502 Views, 42 Comments

The Assistant - gamemaster36



1000 years is a long time to find inner peace

  • ...
6
 42
 4,502

PreviousChapters Next
The Assistant: Meeting Rarity


At first, it was quiet as we saw Rainbow Dash and Applejack walk towards town. I thought I shouldn't just stand out in the open, so I looked around for a tree to sit under. I saw the perfect tree for me and the other two to sit under as we wait for them to get to Rarity's. I sit slowly, descending with my knees keeping place as I do so. I was finally met with the ground and breathed in slowly to take in the warm crisp air. The other two had sat down beside me to also take in the beautiful day. That was, until the yellow Pegasus began to speak again.
“So... can you answer my questions now? I mean... if you want...”
She looked down nervously as I looked over to her. She was so cute when she acted shy. It must be why her name is “Fluttershy.” I smile to reassure the pony that I am nice and nod. She looked up and began to smile herself.
“Oh that’s wonderful!”
She jumped in front of me and began her questioning.

They were simple questions like why I wear clothes and why I only have hair on my head. The ponies called them manes from what she said. That sounded right for a horse. I always felt weird calling the hair on their heads “Hair.” Mostly they were questions about my species and how we lived. She seemed so innocent and kind. I looked over to Twilight as she asked the question. Twilight nodded to me as I knew she was thinking the same thing. I told Fluttershy that my species lived more technical from what I have seen so far on this planet then them. I told her about democracy and how it was changing the world. But even with ruling power so strong and with such smart people doing it, fights were just bound to happen. I left out the parts about the arms race and the brink of absolute chaos. That was how the world was when I left. I don't know what happened to it, or if it is even still out there. I will have to ask my boss if it is still standing.

When the excited little pony was done with her questions, she returned to her nervous, shy state and sat down on the right side of me. I look over to Twilight as I remember the questions I have.
“Um, Twilight?”
She looks over to me with a little delay.
“Yes?”
“Now I must ask you some questions.”
She looked eager as ever to be able to answer any question.
“OK! Shoot!”
I look up to the sky as always to think about how to ask the questions.
“What are these elements you speak of?”
She took an almost cocky stance as she was about to answer the question.
“Ahem. The elements are the six traits of friendship. Me and my friends are the prime examples of them. Applejack is the element of honesty. Fluttershy is the element of kindness. Rainbow Dash is the element of loyalty. Rarity is the element of generosity. Pinkie Pie is the element of laughter. And I am the most important, the element of magic!”
I look down and over to the now smiling Twilight.
“Six friends meant to be prime examples of friendship?”
I look down at the ground to go even deeper into thought.
“I hope they don't get the idea of adding me to their friends list...”
I look back up to the pony now with a quizzical expression on her face.
“Whats wrong?”, She asked.
“Nothing, just... thinking.”
I look back up into the tree. The leaves seemed so close to each other and so happy. But when it comes down to it, They will fall and float away in different direction and never see each other again. I sigh.
“So who is the ruler of this domain?”
She again takes an educators stance.
“Our land of Equestria is ruled by two royal sisters. One is named Luna. She was recently saved by me and my friends from making it night forever here in Equestria. But thanks to the magic of friendship, we stopped her and converted her back to the good side.”
I was shocked at this. They had enemies in this world? I wonder what could have provoked one of their leaders to evil? And the magic of friendship?
“Why did one of your royal queens do that?”
“Oh, they are both princesses!”
“Then who is the king or queen?”
“Um, there is none, it's just two princesses.”
I rub my forehead at this.
“Oh great. Another dimension where there is a princess, let alone TWO and no king or queen around. Great.”
I look back up to ask of the other one.
“And the other sister?”
“She is princess Celestia. She is my mentor and I am her personal protege! She and Luna both raise the sun and moon to cycle day and night.”
“MOVE THE SUN!? She must be really powerful then!”
“How old are these princesses?”
“Hard to say. They are both immortal like you.”
“AND THEIR IMMORTAL!? I don't think I want to upset these princesses.”
“Now how did Luna become evil?”
“She got jealous over how the ponies slept during her beautiful nights and they laughed and frolicked in the day. Then princess Celestia banished her to the moon with the elements of harmony to keep her from making it night eternal! That was over a thousand years ago, and she returned about a week ago. Luckily I came here to ponyvill to make five new best friends and discover how to beat her when she returned. And now me and the elements live here until another problem arises.”
I look down to take in the information. Two princesses. Immortal. Elements of Harmony. Friendship.

My arm began to twitch to tell me they talked to Rarity and told her about me.
“It is time to go to Rarity's.”
I stand up and begin to focus on their location. Fluttershy and Twilight looked at me with curiosity as I reached out both my hands.
“Put your hooves in my hands. We are going to teleport to them.”
Twilight happily obliged, but the shy Pegasus looked away to cover her face with her mane.
“It's alright Fluttershy. I will make sure nothing will happen to you when we teleport. It doesn't hurt or anything. It will be like it never happened.”
She looked back less scared and slowly approached me. With a slow raise of her front left hoof, Me, Twilight, and Fluttershy appeared in front of the other group of three ponies.

Rarity was in a state of shock, as was Rainbow Dash, but Applejack seemed more calm than the others. Rarity was looking over straight at me and I looked back. With a simple smile, I great myself in the most polite way I could think of in this situation. I look down and bow and greet myself for the white Unicorn.
“Greetings. I am The Assistant.”
I look back up to meet her gaze.
“And you?”
Rarity shook her head as she realized she was being rude staring at him. She did a curtsy and greeted herself the same way.
“My name is Rarity.”
She looked back up looking over my outfit. I am sure this type of clothing was alien to her and she wanted to examine it.
“Do you want to see my clothes?”, I ask Rarity
She looked up to my face beginning to blush.
“Oh terribly sorry darling, it's just such an odd ensemble.”
“Fashion is the least of my worries.”
Rarity came over to where me and the two ponies who seemed dizzy were standing. I didn't notice at first, but teleporting them with me made them both very dizzy.
“Why do you wear such rags dear?”, Rarity questioned.
I look over and down at the pony who is now standing and feeling the cloth of my trench coat.
“Their just cloths. Meant to keep my body warm. Not to look good.”
She looked up to me with disbelief in her eyes.
“Just clothes!? Nonsense!”
She seemed insulted by that remark. She didn't understand I do this for my job, not for fashion.
“Look, Rarity. I know you are some sort of fashonista, but I am not. Please ignore my clothes so we can get to the real problem!”
She began to regain her senses and backed away a little from my coat.
“Oh... sorry.”
“It's okay. Just talk to Twilight will you.”
After I mentioned Twilight's name, Rarity got a insulted look on her face.
“Oh? What does she want?”, She said looking over to Twilight who regained her stability.
Twilight got a little nervous and hid behind me a little. She didn't like the tone of Rarity's voice towards her. I just looked back and sighed.
“Look. Rarity. You have to listen to Twilight okay?”
Rarity looks up to me, still insulted from earlier.
“Why should I?”
I then look over to Applejack and Rainbow Dash.
“Did you two tell her the important thing?”
They both look down at the ground to avoid eye contact. I guess you have to do things for yourself.
“Listen Rarity. If you don't listen to Twilight, it could destroy this world as you know it. You don't have to accept her apology, just listen to it.”
Rarity then had a look of shock on her face, which was immediately replaced with the same look of annoyance.
“Fine.”
I move out of the way of Twilight who walked toward the white Unicorn with her head hanging low.
“Ra-Rarity. I know what I did was wrong, and I didn't think before I acted. I wish I could go back and change the way I acted. I know you would never steal from a friend. You are generosity after all. I hope you don't hate me for what I did. Can you ever forgive me for what I did to you?”
Twilight looked up to the other Unicorn with tears in her eyes. Rarity seemed almost UN-phased by the apology. She turned around completely to stop facing Twilight. Rarity then looked down to the ground and began to speak.
“Twilight. What you did was wrong and I am very insulted by what you did...”
She then turned back around and lifted the chin of the sobbing unicorn to meet her eyes.
“But I will never hate you because you are always going to be my friend deary.”
Twilight's eyes immediately brightened up and a smile crossed her face. She lightly hugged Rarity and she returned the favor. The sight of this was enough to make anyone smile sweetly at this. Except me. I was just staring in a deep thought of what just happened.
“Wow. Twilight was completely outta line earlier, and her friends were so easily forgiving. These truly are the prime examples of good friends.”
The two part as Twilight sniffs once to regain her composure. The other three were smiling deeply at the sight of their friends making up. The five then look over to me as I was still thinking.
“So that's five out of six down one to go.”
They all wait for me to say something about what we should do next. That's when it occurred to me.
“So none of you five have the book or know where it is?”
All five ponies look at each other and then back at me.
“No.”, All of them said in unison.
“And Twilight. You say that this Pinkie Pie is the element of laughter?”
“Uh-huh.”, She said, regretting where this is going.
“Earlier I saw that pony near tears when Twilight was done. She also had a look of guilt on her face.”
“I think it is time to see the one you call Pinkie Pie.”

PreviousChapters Next